Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Prom + After School Activity

by piqiwi Posted 5th Feb 2018 at 1:17 AM - Updated 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:24 AM by piqiwi

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:14 AM
Oooooh, this looks nice! It'll be nice to give my teens a chance for detention (shame it doesn't work on the kidlets) and definitely a prom! That's brilliant, I would never have even thought to do that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deastrumquodvicis
Oooooh, this looks nice! It'll be nice to give my teens a chance for detention (shame it doesn't work on the kidlets) and definitely a prom! That's brilliant, I would never have even thought to do that!

Hi. Detention can be happened to teens and children
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:38 AM
Thanks for uploading! It's great to see people still uploading mods for the Sims 2, even in 2018. Do you plan to add more to this mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlienatedAries
Thanks for uploading! It's great to see people still uploading mods for the Sims 2, even in 2018. Do you plan to add more to this mod?

I am just into The Sims 2 a few past month and tbh, it is a great game. There are some gameplay mod that I currently develop and plan to upload in the future, yes
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:43 AM
OMG, what a clever and fun idea to add more flavor to our teens' school experience! I love this.

I wish it were possible, for those of us who have mods that allow for teen pregnancy, to have playable sims get accidentally pregnant at their prom. But I bet that would be really complicated given people who do have that enabled use different mods for it. Anyway, one can always roll a die.

I love this and will be adding it to my game later this week. Thank you!!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:05 PM
Thank you! This is such a great mod!
But does it replace the default school? I mean i made several school mods like school in shifts. Will it work with that? I'd like to mention that in my downloadthread.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Thank you! This is such a great mod!
But does it replace the default school? I mean i made several school mods like school in shifts. Will it work with that? I'd like to mention that in my downloadthread.

As long as your mod doesn't change "interaction-at school", it should be compatible. This should be compatible with school hour changing mod
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:02 PM
Wow, just wow what a great Idea.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
As long as your mod doesn't change "interaction-at school", it should be compatible. This should be compatible with school hour changing mod

That's really great news. You make my day! I am going to try this asap.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 8:39 PM
Wow! This is a really nice added feature to Sims 2. I honestly do wish something like this would have been in the game. Especially before some of my favorite teen Sims went off to college. Oh well. It's been a few years since I last played TS2 and I really hope that 2018 will be the year that I resume my version of Veronaville's story.

Thank you so much for doing this mod, Piqiwi, and I look forward to what else you will produce. :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:46 AM
Thank you so much guys for the support. I hope I can deliver more useful mod in the future.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:43 AM
This is a really great idea! I would love a prom only version, as I'm unsure about the after school clubs. Might change my mind after playing a bit. I rarely download mods that affect work/school behavior, so this is really neat!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:01 AM
Great idea, and great mod. I've always had to go to extra lengths to give my sims a prom, and sometimes it wasn't that great. Thanks again.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:18 AM
This probably conflicts with Inteen, since B package of Inteen also use "interaction-at school" it seems.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This probably conflicts with Inteen, since B package of Inteen also use "interaction-at school" it seems.

Ow, that's unfortunate. I myself don't install inteen in my game. I have downloaded the package and saw the code and yes, it is conflict with my mod. But I'll see if I can make version that compatible with inteen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 7:14 AM
Hi. I have made version that should be compatible with inTeen. For you guys who have installed inTeen and want to install my mod also, please download this version. Otherwise, my mod will be overriden by inTeen, thus won't work at all
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:17 PM Last edited by SleepycatDSL : 6th Feb 2018 at 12:36 PM.
Thank you again for making InTeen compatible versions! I wanted to try this one out (and the hangout after work one) so I loaded up a house with a teenager (Sheila), 2 children (sisters) and an adult (father).
Sheila got detention and was late coming home from school (all good so far) but when she got home, I received a message saying the bus would no longer come for her, due to being the owner of a car and to have the bus come again, I'd need to remove her as the cars owner. She isn't the owner of a car. The family doesn't have and has never had, a car.

Edit - the next game morning I got a message saying "A School Bus will arrive for $Object in about an hour." (the symbol was slightly different from the $)

Edit again - school bus showed up and Sheila got on like normal, along with her younger sisters.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Thank you again for making InTeen compatible versions! I wanted to try this one out (and the hangout after work one) so I loaded up a house with a teenager (Sheila), 2 children (sisters) and an adult (father).
Sheila got detention and was late coming home from school (all good so far) but when she got home, I received a message saying the bus would no longer come for her, due to being the owner of a car and to have the bus come again, I'd need to remove her as the cars owner. She isn't the owner of a car. The family doesn't have and has never had, a car.

Edit - the next game morning I got a message saying "A School Bus will arrive for $Object in about an hour." (the symbol was slightly different from the $)

Edit again - school bus showed up and Sheila got on like normal, along with her younger sisters.

Hi, I think that's no homework notification. Do your sims bring homework home ? I'll looked up to it and update soon. But that's a pre-made game notification, the bus will still come though
Mad Poster
#20 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
Hi. I have made version that should be compatible with inTeen. For you guys who have installed inTeen and want to install my mod also, please download this version. Otherwise, my mod will be overriden by inTeen, thus won't work at all

Thank you! That was fast. Very kind of you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL

For "school bus will arrive for $object in an hour", I really do not know what happen because that's never happened to me.
For "bus no longer come for her", that's also ever happened to me in my testing phase, but with a little different case. So, this is a little technical stuff : original game list for dialog notification related to school is only 22 notifications. So naturally when I create my own notifications for my mod, I just continue the list, start from line 23. But for the techical reason that I do not know, my game show notification "got detention" while come back from school while it supposed to be no homework. this "no homework" notification is not in original string list that I used ("got detention", its in line 25 of my update list). So, I removed "no detention" to the bottom of my list, and put "no homework" in line 25. For line 24, I am confuse what I have to write since in the original unmodified string list, there is no line 24, only 23 lines. So I put "bus no longer come" notification, which is my mistake, becaouse obviously that's also no homework notification. I have uploaded the fix for this, please try again and see if you still got the problem or not. By the way, what EP/SPs do you have ?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:40 PM
I have all the EPs & SPs (discs). I'll grab the new version, thank you. I'll try to find time to play more today.

Edit - forgot to mention that yes they do sometimes bring homework home. I use the Homework Sometimes mod by twojeffs and no conflicts are reported by the mod scanner.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:45 PM
Thank you and please report for any unusual behaviour. And for "$Object" things, That's never happened in my game and my mod does not touch that part, sorry
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:47 PM
Had no problems with them on Friday but then it was the weekend so no more to report. Just got them to Monday morning (and got the $Object message again - no worries, it not hurting anything) but I've run out of time to play.
Thank you again!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:13 PM
Darn, you beat me to it.
Page 1 of 3