Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Official 2019 Calendar Contest - posted on 6th Dec 2018 at 4:21 PM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 2321 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:29 AM Last edited by testingdlsenabled : 14th Mar 2018 at 12:34 AM.
Default [SOLVED]hair not truly valid for naked category
Hey you noticed how some hairs stays on sim when they go naked and while other hairs don't, EVEN though the "Naked" flag is ticked? For example: Battler hair by newsea is, let's say truly valid for naked, while Lezginka hair by Kewai-dou ins't truly valid for naked. Both hairs have the naked flag ticked, but a sim wearing Lezginka loses the CC hair when he takes a shower, while this doens't happen with Battler. So I'm wondering how the heck I can fix that...?
Advertisement
Puffin McMuffin
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:43 PM
I split the thread so it is easier for people who have this same question to find it back when they're googling it, maybe looking for it on the site, etc. Feel free to edit the thread title though!

Hrm sometimes within the MODL file there are a few flags, however with these things I'd compare the working one with the non-working one, see which flags are set to true in the working one and do this for the non-working one too. If that doesn't work, lemme explain a somewhat totally unnecessary (But maybe because some creators like to make their meshes 'uneditable' they did add those flags').
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by testingdlsenabled
Hey you noticed how some hairs stays on sim when they go naked and while other hairs don't, EVEN though the "Naked" flag is ticked? For example: Battler hair by newsea is, let's say truly valid for naked, while Lezginka hair by Kewai-dou ins't truly valid for naked. Both hairs have the naked flag ticked, but a sim wearing Lezginka loses the CC hair when he takes a shower, while this doens't happen with Battler. So I'm wondering how the heck I can fix that...?

There was a discussion about this last year. Apparently hair doesn't use the Naked flag (at least not primarily), but another part of the CASP resource called "CasPart1Index". Look for Don Babilon's conclusions in post #12 in this topic. Basically, the best solution seems to be to make CasPart1Index point to the CASPart itself. Otherwise setting the "Naked" flag should work provided that CasPart1Index is empty/null.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM Last edited by testingdlsenabled : 14th Mar 2018 at 12:50 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
I split the thread so it is easier for people who have this same question to find it back when they're googling it, maybe looking for it on the site, etc. Feel free to edit the thread title though!

Hrm sometimes within the MODL file there are a few flags, however with these things I'd compare the working one with the non-working one, see which flags are set to true in the working one and do this for the non-working one too. If that doesn't work, lemme explain a somewhat totally unnecessary (But maybe because some creators like to make their meshes 'uneditable' they did add those flags').


You're right, good thing you made this thread, I'm just so dumb sometimes, sorry. Also, I think I didn't have any hope that I could solve this issue, so that's why I didn't give much thought about it...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letrax
There was a discussion about this last year. Apparently hair doesn't use the Naked flag (at least not primarily), but another part of the CASP resource called "CasPart1Index". Look for Don Babilon's conclusions in post #12 in this topic. Basically, the best solution seems to be to make CasPart1Index point to the CASPart itself. Otherwise setting the "Naked" flag should work provided that CasPart1Index is empty/null.


OMG IT WORKEEEEED, I SCREAMED WHEN THE SIM TOOK A SHOWER AND THE HAIR WASN'T CHANGED OMG NOW I CAN FIX EVERY HAIR I HAVE IN MY MODS FOLDER THAT HAS THIS ISSUE MUAHAHAHA
ANYWAYS, THANK YOU SO FRICKING MUCH letrax
Back to top