Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:25 AM
Just clean them as I linked to above. Method two is very easy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just clean them as I linked to above. Method two is very easy.

Is there a reason that EA/Maxis didn't decide to fix those problems or was it just an oversight?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:53 AM
They didn't fix any of the corruption issues. Probably because they were moving onto Sims 3 and didn't care. You can note though that they changed sims 3 sims so they can be deleted and don't have the corruption issues that sims 2 has, instead they have there own set of problems.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:21 AM
For what it matters, if you get Pescado's Lot Sync Timer, with debugmode on you can shift-click on the timer and skip a day, which ages the Sims up appropriately. It won't affect them getting promotions/relationships though and I'm not sure if it'd affect pregnancy at all, but the InSimenator lets Sims skip trimesters anyways.

I play in rotations myself. Three-day rotations at the moment, but I plan to change to seasonal ones later on. I have it set up so teens decide whether to go to Uni on their second week, and as each semester counts as one day in my hood, the ages will match up to the non-collegebound peers pretty well when they graduate.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:55 AM
Default .
They didn't fix any of the corruption issues. Probably because they were moving onto Sims 3 and didn't care. You can note though that they changed sims 3 sims so they can be deleted and don't have the corruption issues that sims 2 has, instead they have there own set of problems.

I'm honestly not surprised that they didn't bother to fix the corruption issues but despite that I still think that Sims 2 is the best one in the series so far although I love Sims 3 as well but that game is so buggy and slow.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh yes indeed! If you have say...a sim living in StrangeTown, move him to the bin then place him in Veronaville...you've just corrupted your game.

...Unless you have Tarla's merged version.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:28 PM
If you put him into the lot bin, your game is corrupted regardless. Putting a sim into the lot bin removes him from all neighborhoods and shreds his data. Putting him back into the same one does not repair that data. Putting a sim in a Strangetown subhood into the Family bin, changing to the Veronaville main hood attached to that subhood, and moving him in there is fine, because he never leaves the neighborhood.

Remember that the lot bin is outside all neighborhoods. Sims in it are in limbo and will corrupt any place they go - except for the ones shipped in the lot bin, Kat and Kim. As far as anyone can tell, they're clean and whole. Mootilda speculated that this was because they were created in absolutely empty environments - no taxi driver dropping them off, no paper carrier, nothing. If you want to package lots and families, this would be the way to go about it, and you'd only be able to use each environment once. Nor can you repackage or replace the Kat and Kim families with their lots without corrupting the hood you got them from.

The family bin to each neighborhood is unique to that hood (no matter how many stealth hood families it has) and sims in it can safely be moved anywhere in that hood. As far as the game is concerned, a downtown, a Strangetown subhood, and a Bluewater Village attached to a Pleasantview main hood are all Pleasantview. Each neighborhood on your main menu screen is a discrete entity unto itself.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
I'm honestly not surprised that they didn't bother to fix the corruption issues but despite that I still think that Sims 2 is the best one in the series so far although I love Sims 3 as well but that game is so buggy and slow.

So do we, that's why we are here.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#34 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 1:33 PM
Just wanted to throw in a mention for Ancient Highway's NPC/Townie Aging located here or here.

The mod ages any npcs and townies on the lot (except in the University and vacation hoods) at 6 pm. The mod does conflict with other aging mods, most notably BoilingOil's Slow Aging, but I thought it worth a mention in a discussion on how to keep ages in sync and age up the hood.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 1:52 PM
I haven't noticed it clashing with the ageing mod that I use, double ageing from here.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#36 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 29th Mar 2018 at 4:19 PM. Reason: found a new mod
I haven't noticed it clashing with the ageing mod that I use, double ageing from here.

Sorry Jo, I should've clarified. It clashes with "aging mods" as in other mods that use an aging controller, like BO's Slow Aging Controller, and affect when the aging controller adds a day to a sim's age. It shouldn't clash with any lifespan mods that simply change the length of a life stage.

Does the mod you use change the aging controller or change the number of days for each life stage?

ETA: Just came across Squinge's Age More Townies - AL, which allows you to age up to 10 townies when using the FT age up townies feature.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:19 AM
I took Syberspunk's Grow Up Townies mod from MATY and hacked it to work on playable sims. It also helps to use apartment lots like a small open world.
Using this method I have had childhood friends grow old together. So far it works great.

As for hood corruption I started using hood checker a few years ago and the bat box a few weeks ago yet I have been playing the same hood for over ten years the best thing I found to protect it is to make a weekly backup
Mad Poster
#38 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:37 AM
I am not really a rotational player, but I do play with all the families in my hood (there are 231 families, some in the 5 subhoods and 16 students at Uni right now). Sometimes I stay longer at a family and sometimes I just play for a day. I don't have much problems with them aging up more or less at the same time, not particularly trying to keep it to the same day - there are always aging up and down with the blender if needed. (I am more of an aging down player).

The secret - strict rotational play or not - for me is patience. There is absolutely no hurry (think I learned that from @Peni Griffin) at all; nothing is going to happen if Sim B has to wait around a bit to go to Uni because Sim C is not ready yet So if Sim B is ready to go, I skip that family until Sim C is also ready and on the verge of becoming a YA - but only if I want to send them both at the same time and to the same dorm. Same with aging up - if Sim A is as old as the hills, he is allowed to live on until he has consumed all his elixir of life and may even cheat death when Grimmie arrives. Sim B, in the meantime, may not have that much elixir of life, so he will meet Grimmie first, even if he was younger all through time.

And I also don't care if winter comes earlier for some families than for others - or if it isn't Monday everywhere. Things like that tend to put a damper on my personal enjoyment of the game. Once in a while I bring most of them into sync again with the seasons and the day setter. But going around to more than 200 houses just to have everyone in sync is not important (or fun) for me. Eventually the same generation will all be elders in the retirement subhood. (And my retirement hood is great fun, so all is good with me).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Does the mod you use change the aging controller or change the number of days for each life stage?

Just the number of days, so it's all good.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2