Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Therapist Career

by Satira Posted 23rd Apr 2018 at 7:33 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2022 at 2:07 PM by Satira : Update

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 8:54 PM
Nice set up for the branches!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aristar84
Nice set up for the branches!

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:33 AM
Lovely idea, only thing i'm missing a little is a "Psychological Profiler" and/or "Negotiator" rank somewhere, but then, i'm watching to much crime series. XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marduc_Plays
Lovely idea, only thing i'm missing a little is a "Psychological Profiler" and/or "Negotiator" rank somewhere, but then, i'm watching to much crime series. XD

Thank you ^^ Those jobs sound interesting. Maybe I should make a CSI kind of career :p
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:28 AM
This will be interesting i can't wait to try it, yes CSI career would be great or Criminal minds FBI profiler.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:14 PM
You got me on "Therapist", but you lost me again on Hugger --> Suicide Hotline worker. I know the Sims is make-believe but I can't suspend my belief enough to make the huge jump from one to the other and then find that that is merely a prerequisite to becoming a trainee in any other therapist career.

I think that it is brilliant that you can make careers for Sims 4, I certainly couldn't, but this one isn't going to work for me when I believe that working as a suicide hotline should be a level 10 career because it is such a critical job to get right first time evey time.

I look forward to seeing your next mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deathrolla
You got me on "Therapist", but you lost me again on Hugger --> Suicide Hotline worker. I know the Sims is make-believe but I can't suspend my belief enough to make the huge jump from one to the other and then find that that is merely a prerequisite to becoming a trainee in any other therapist career.

I think that it is brilliant that you can make careers for Sims 4, I certainly couldn't, but this one isn't going to work for me when I believe that working as a suicide hotline should be a level 10 career because it is such a critical job to get right first time evey time.

I look forward to seeing your next mod.

Actually, work at the suicide hotline is used to train and teach healthcare professionals, and is even a mandatory training in parts of america for certain therapists. Hence my decision to add it in the way I did. I have lots or respect for all professionals, including those at the suicide hotline.

I hope my next career will suite you better
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Satira
Actually, work at the suicide hotline is used to train and teach healthcare professionals, and is even a mandatory training in parts of america for certain therapists. Hence my decision to add it in the way I did. I have lots or respect for all professionals, including those at the suicide hotline.

I hope my next career will suite you better

That early in their career? I'm surprised, to be honest. Talking somebody back from the brink seems such a crucial task that I struggle to imagine that anybody without a good deal of life experience would be the optimum choice. I can imagine that young people might react better to a younger voice on the line a bit though. I guess that's why there are youth helplines. Anyway, I'll take your word for it as you seem to know your stuff.

There's nothing wrong with this career that isn't in my head rather than your work. I shall give it a go, and thankyou.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 2:32 PM
thank you very much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:40 PM
Great Job, such lovely careers
I have a question...
does this trait work on other game version beside Game version 1.42.30.1020. ?
hopefully you can answer this
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 9:37 AM
Thank you very much for this career. Now I can finally make my Sim self, kinda

If I have any time I will try to translate this into Dutch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 10:28 AM
This is awesome omg i thank people like you making this, cause im not capable of such greatness
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st May 2018 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xlisa93
Thank you very much for this career. Now I can finally make my Sim self, kinda

If I have any time I will try to translate this into Dutch.

I already have a volunteer for the Dutch translation. But thank you for offering! <3
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:44 AM
Hi Friend, great mod! How can I send you Portuguese (BR) translation?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Isabella Mac
Great Job, such lovely careers
I have a question...
does this trait work on other game version beside Game version 1.42.30.1020. ?
hopefully you can answer this

Sorry just saw this. I am not sure, sorry if you try it, please let me know!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by viizamps
Hi Friend, great mod! How can I send you Portuguese (BR) translation?

Hi! I already have someone working on the Portuguese translation. Thank you for offering <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th May 2018 at 11:18 PM
danka
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:14 AM
Very Cool! Can't wait to try it!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th May 2018 at 12:13 AM
I've downloaded this to play on my mac, but the rar file just opens up the notepad, is there anyway you can upload this as a zip?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thelilplum
I've downloaded this to play on my mac, but the rar file just opens up the notepad, is there anyway you can upload this as a zip?

Not sure how to make a .zip, but can you try using one of the online converters to make the .rar into a .zip? If it doesn't work, I willl try to figure it out and upload a .zip for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:58 PM
Update: Added a V2 of the career, adding the following languages: Chinese, Dutch, German, Italian, Portuguese. Lots of thanks to the translators!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 1:41 PM
This looks like fun! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 1:31 PM
What is the career code
Careers.promote
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:17 PM
can this be used like a career in get to work? i haven't installed yet, i'll still install regardless i'm just wondering
Page 1 of 3