Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (based on TV Show)

by ScientificallyCorrect82 Posted 4th May 2018 at 12:18 PM - Updated 14th Oct 2019 at 1:59 PM by ScientificallyCorrect82 : I stopped playing sims 3 therefore I can't support this mod anymore

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th May 2018 at 3:15 PM
What a good idea. Thank you very much.

The Thanks button is missing!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th May 2018 at 8:17 PM
This is very good! I love the show actually Although it can be quite gruesome, it might be quite fun to have a sim be a Stabler or an Eliott in the game Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th May 2018 at 10:43 PM
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th May 2018 at 1:35 AM
This seems cool!! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th May 2018 at 3:29 AM
Dun Dun!
This is delightful! Love it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2018 at 9:56 AM
Default SVU characters
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
This is very good! I love the show actually Although it can be quite gruesome, it might be quite fun to have a sim be a Stabler or an Eliott in the game Thank you!

I really love the show too. I've actually found three of the show's characters made into a sim on this website: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...rch/Law+&+Order
Maybe it's something for you as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th May 2018 at 4:26 PM
This is awesome! Being a women's aid worker/counselor myself I'm excited to have this career in my game and the devastating cases of domestic violence the exposure it deserves. Thank you so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th May 2018 at 12:31 PM
I love this show i watch it all the time, thank you so much i will enjoy this......
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:34 PM
Amazing! Can't wait to give it a go.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
I really needed to get in touch with you about this great career. My fave show btw. I've been trying to use this career, but I noticed a few things happening whenever I gave my sim this job. As soon as he was assigned the job, immediately the Job Panel tab with the all the job info turns into a tab for children/teenagers with school info instead of work info. The tab had "Mood" and "Homework" (just like the school performance). Then I noticed that ALL my sims's skills disappeared from his Skills tab. I know your career is the problem because when I removed it ALL his skills came back. I put your career back in as a test and they ALL disappeared again. I also noticed that when he actually starts work or goes to work, the Job Panel displays the correct info like you intended. I can go to work and finish the day, but as soon as he gets off from work, it goes back to the School tab with Mood and Homework again. Also, my sims is part of a household, and every time I tried to give my sim this career, ALL the family members would get stuck with his portrait. Their original portraits were still on the left on top of each other, but only his would appear on the bottom right when I tried to click on the others. The plumbob would still appear over each of their heads, that was the only way I could tell which family member I was playing (because they all had his portrait). When I had him quit his job, the issue still remained the same. Quitting his job or removing the mod could not fix this particular issue. I had to make copies of the household and move them back in. I also noticed the other day, that my sims's smartphone turned into the old Blackberry phone the Sims 3 used to use. I can't understand why no one else is reporting this to you. I have many Career mods and they all work flawlessly. I have the latest Career mod from Nraas. Everything is up to date. I'm even tried your OBGYN Career, but haven't sent my sims to work yet. I didn't noticed anything so far, but I only had her get the job on the computer. She hasn't went to work yet. Could you PLEASE look into this and update your mod. I really love your mod and would love for my sims to play this career. :lovestruc This would be one of my fave careers mods, but I had to take it out because it wasn't working properly. Thank you for looking into this matter and hopefully you can correct this issue and send an updated version.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:44 PM
I'm having an issue with this career. I have 3 sims in the household, and I had all 3 join the Law & Order career (2 will be detectives, 1 will be attorney, like the show). Until they joined the career I could control each one. But now that they've joined the career, I can only play the 1st sim. When I click on the icon for either of the other 2, it still shows the 1st sim as the active sim, same as partyanimal3 above mentioned.
("Also, my sims is part of a household, and every time I tried to give my sim this career, ALL the family members would get stuck with his portrait. Their original portraits were still on the left on top of each other, but only his would appear on the bottom right when I tried to click on the others.")

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety." -- Psalm 18:2 (New Living Translation)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by partyanimal3
I really needed to get in touch with you about this great career. My fave show btw. I've been trying to use this career, but I noticed a few things happening whenever I gave my sim this job. As soon as he was assigned the job, immediately the Job Panel tab with the all the job info turns into a tab for children/teenagers with school info instead of work info. The tab had "Mood" and "Homework" (just like the school performance). Then I noticed that ALL my sims's skills disappeared from his Skills tab. I know your career is the problem because when I removed it ALL his skills came back. I put your career back in as a test and they ALL disappeared again. I also noticed that when he actually starts work or goes to work, the Job Panel displays the correct info like you intended. I can go to work and finish the day, but as soon as he gets off from work, it goes back to the School tab with Mood and Homework again. Also, my sims is part of a household, and every time I tried to give my sim this career, ALL the family members would get stuck with his portrait. Their original portraits were still on the left on top of each other, but only his would appear on the bottom right when I tried to click on the others. The plumbob would still appear over each of their heads, that was the only way I could tell which family member I was playing (because they all had his portrait). When I had him quit his job, the issue still remained the same. Quitting his job or removing the mod could not fix this particular issue. I had to make copies of the household and move them back in. I also noticed the other day, that my sims's smartphone turned into the old Blackberry phone the Sims 3 used to use. I can't understand why no one else is reporting this to you. I have many Career mods and they all work flawlessly. I have the latest Career mod from Nraas. Everything is up to date. I'm even tried your OBGYN Career, but haven't sent my sims to work yet. I didn't noticed anything so far, but I only had her get the job on the computer. She hasn't went to work yet. Could you PLEASE look into this and update your mod. I really love your mod and would love for my sims to play this career. :lovestruc This would be one of my fave careers mods, but I had to take it out because it wasn't working properly. Thank you for looking into this matter and hopefully you can correct this issue and send an updated version.

Thanks for reporting this problem, I'll look into it. I updates my sims 3 and tried my mod again, and I now also experience this problem with this mod. I've looked at what could be wrong, but I couldn't find the problem. I'm going to contact the person who made the tutorial I use to create my mods in order to try and fix the problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FluffyWonKenobe
I'm having an issue with this career. I have 3 sims in the household, and I had all 3 join the Law & Order career (2 will be detectives, 1 will be attorney, like the show). Until they joined the career I could control each one. But now that they've joined the career, I can only play the 1st sim. When I click on the icon for either of the other 2, it still shows the 1st sim as the active sim, same as partyanimal3 above mentioned.
("Also, my sims is part of a household, and every time I tried to give my sim this career, ALL the family members would get stuck with his portrait. Their original portraits were still on the left on top of each other, but only his would appear on the bottom right when I tried to click on the others.")

Thanks for reporting this problem, I'll look into it. I updates my sims 3 and tried my mod again, and I now also experience this problem with this mod. I've looked at what could be wrong, but I couldn't find the problem. I'm going to contact the person who made the tutorial I use to create my mods in order to try and fix the problem.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:16 AM
i Got 1.69 version do you know if am gonna have any problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexSpartan77
i Got 1.69 version do you know if am gonna have any problem?

I'm not sure if you will have problems. There currently are problems with the career that've only recently been reported to me. I'm currently busy with solving the problems with the career. The career was created with the latest update available in my country, the latest update in my country is version 1.67. I'm sure the versions won't conflict. If you encounter any problems with the career that haven't already been reported, please let me know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by partyanimal3

I've been working on fixinged the problems. I've corrected some errors in the coding of the career file, after test running it in the sims I didn't experience the errors anymore, so the career file should now be working properly. You can download the fixed career under the tab 'file'. Please let me know if any errors occur.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FluffyWonKenobe

I've been working on fixinged the problems. I've corrected some errors in the coding of the career file, after test running it in the sims I didn't experience the errors anymore, so the career file should now be working properly. You can download the fixed career under the tab 'file'. Please let me know if any errors occur.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:48 PM
To all people who downloaded the career file before Sunday June 24th, please re-download the career file if you want a propperly functioning career without errors. I've been working on fixing some problems that the career generated. I've corrected some errors in the coding of the career file, after test running it in the sims I didn't experience the errors anymore, so the career file should now be working properly. You can download the fixed career under the tab 'file'. Please let me know if any errors occur.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:05 PM
Thank you for the time and effort put in to this career. I'm afraid that when I played it through to level six and chose "Officer", all the same problems experienced before the June 24th remake, surfaced again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 6:42 AM
yes...please come back and branch off this career and make big and better...love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!