Replies: 1506 (Who?), Viewed: 53329 times.
Page 1 of 61
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 11:36 AM
Default How Are You Today?
Last thread was deleted, so here's a new one.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:22 PM
4:30 am and drinking my problems away.....

- Sent from my iHell
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:53 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 8th Jun 2018 at 2:06 PM.
Awaiting the dread of a dermatology appointment.

I only know that my hunger will significantly go up after the ordeal. Exposure of any sort of underbelly is exhausting.

Well, 2 important things down, 1 in progress and 3 remaining.

Also learned the regional plurals in American English for you. Funny how in China in Mandarin-speaking regions "ni" becomes "ni men" and in Japan, "anata" or "kimi" become "anata-tachi" or "kimi-tachi" (anata is polite and kimi is informal). English is weird, even if I have a mastery that puts me on par with my grandfather, a pun-fu master.

I remembered taking a quiz on what my hippie name would be and I ended up with Flower. Flower? I know I can smell skunky if I work too hard, but I refuse to have such a simple hippie name.

So, today is a big day and I have much to do.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:25 PM
I'm bringing back the stealthy owl because I dig stealthy and owls.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I'm bringing back the stealthy owl because I dig stealthy and owls.

Yay for stealthy owl! He can really sneak!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Yay for stealthy owl! He can really sneak!

I've been thinking about you all day. Did you get your doctor issue straightened out?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:56 PM
Mayyyyyybe.

I probably don't need to say I didn't get a phone call by "the end of the business day" yesterday. So, this morning I got up and called the main office as soon as the clock struck 8:15 (I gave them time to put their purses down, grab coffee, and talk about last night's tv and other goings on). Got the phone tree (I loathe those). So, I left a message. I was nice, but allowed my frustration to show through. I think that's appropriate. You're only allowed to leave one message a day, but that didn't stop me from calling every hour on the hour.

I also tried the satellite office where I see the doctor in hopes I could get the receptionist to put me through to the appointment desk at the main office. Kept getting voice mail which wouldn't let me leave a message.

Then it occurred to me. Today is doctor day, and it's MY doctor's day. So, I called a cab, got dressed, and packed a bag with food, drink, phone, and kindle, along with my power bank and cords. I decided to go just sit until SOMEONE helped me.

As I was waiting for the cab, I decided to try one more time. I called the satellite office, and someone accidentally picked up the phone. I told her my name and she immediately put me hold. When she came back, she said the reason no one called was that my appointment was made at 5:35 yesterday afternoon. It's a well-known fact that all phones quit working after 5 p.m. My appointment is for the 20th at 3:15. That is, indeed, MY doctor's day in the office - I'd already gotten someone to tell me how the doctors rotate their days. She said she would put the appointment card in the mail so I can see for myself that it's been made.

We'll see......

Dear Dr. Mine: I think you are great. Thank you so much for saving my life and giving me years and years to spend with my children, my kitties, and my sims. If I could, I would build you a statue in the town square (if we had one), and make your birthday a national holiday.

But, dude, your office staff has to go.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:21 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM.
Well, although my skin is not much to worry about, just in need of medical grade cornstarch with antifungal for a rash living on my skin and to keep tabs on my skin for any growths, including the risk of melanoma (I don't really go outside because of the risk of burning without SPF 100)...

...lunch was a total disaster because my father irked me by mistaking me for my extremely clumsy mother. It turned into a shouting match bad enough that I'm saving my money for a side-by-side type of fridge\freezer combo. However, any appliance purchase has to be reviewed by my grandfather, but right now, I have about $5 in change under the bed in one of many change jars.

Mistake me for my mother or sister and I become aggressively defensive. (I am known for having no distinct identity between my parents. My father keeps thinking that I am as clumsy as my mother (I am not. I had time in my day to fix the behaviors) and between them, they keep reminiscing about my older half-sister's childhood in front of me, which irritates the hell out of me. (my sister and I share a mom and my father was in my sister's life when she was a toddler. My sister was born in January 1981, and I was born October 1987, a good 6½ years or so AFTERWARDS!).

So far, the afternoon went downhill well before 3:00.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jun 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Feeling like crap, as usual the past couple of months (having one of my bad "down" times again). My brain is running on fumes, my body wonders why I get up from bed, let alone why I even bother going to work (50% sick leave atm). Basically in a bad place right now. Thought I was slowly getting better, but after a too long day at work yesterday I barely functioned today (in a "tell me what to do because my brain hurts and I can't think" way). Sunshine and loud noises also don't help (when I have very bad days, light and noise almost feel like physical pain). Only times I can think properly is when it's relatively cool indoors, it's silent around me, and I'm not moving around.

The heat isn't helping, either. We've not had a drop of rain the past month, with temperatures mostly above my tolerance level (which is extremely unusual in this part of the country during summer, usually we get at most a couple of weeks with sunshine).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 10:50 PM
It has been a day.

My office no longer looks like somebody threw up in it, figuratively speaking. It is the second smallest room in the house. When things don't get picked up or dealt with, the mess piles up fast. It isn't like I can blame anybody else as I'm the only that uses this room. I share my space with the rabbit, one of the tortoises, the fish and of course my loyal canine companion who is sleeping on her pillow, but they don't make that much of a mess. Other than that, nothing exciting is going on. Not that cleaning my office is exciting, but I did enjoy shredding Discover credit card applications. I had 8 of those bad boys to deal with.

Before I go, I cannot forget about the chameleon . I don't know why I found this so funny this morning, but I did and still do. The only difference between now and then is I can actually laugh about it unlike really early this morning when giggling my fool head would have got me snarled at.
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Last thread was deleted, so here's a new one.

i agree i noticed that too, i'm glad you bring that up
i don't even know why that thread was deleted, i just like wrote anything last night (or atleast when it was close to night)

but then i couldn't found anything to my own disscussions anymore and then i couldn't help but noticed the thread was gone so i'm glad you noticed that too

but other then that i'm fine, i had a good talk to my quidance about my quilt to my ex boyfriend what i found out on my own and she understood me very well
so i guess i'm fine as ever after talking to my quidance about my quilt i had since friday
Alchemist
#12 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 2:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorleontine6
i don't even know why that thread was deleted

I don't owe you or anyone an explanation for anything I've done. This asshole knows. I'll leave it there.

With their tanks and their bombs, and their bombs and their guns
In your head
Field Researcher
#13 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:25 AM
Well I had a kidney scan today. Tomorrow I have a physical medicine appt for my back, been rehabbing for 3 years from a nasty car crash that almost took my life, next week is my physical and my psychologist appt. My birthday is saturday but I am really not feeling it anymore. I just don't care anymore. Gonna keep pushing, cause I am stubborn af by nature.

- Sent from my iHell
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 5:15 PM
I've had my forked tongue rolled up in the back of my throat for a few hours. I may as well become fluent in another language other than English as listening isn't a thing.

Anyway, I found Gunther gargoyle a couple new friends. One looks just like him ( the big one) and the mini one is for my desk.

Anybody want to help me name the new additions? I'm still looking for the gargoyle that is my avatar, but for now, I'm happy with these two.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 5:40 PM
Just got through the intake interview and I was in a position of learning to become more vulnerable with a possible guarantee my work training with help me grow as a person.

I recently saw a clip of Steve Carell, talking in babbling and gibberish and this sort of summed up all this information I'm processing. Heavy implications on processing.

I will be working in very small assembly lines, one for packaging goods that are sent elsewhere in the country, like dice and poker chips, which stood out in the assembly line and the other for kitchen work. I don't need to worry about my bento box being stolen. I eat a salad of sushi prepped rice and diced vegetables mixed in. It's not really worth stealing.

I still have two more appointments today. Wish me luck. It's Therapy Thursday.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:34 PM
I think I know the avi gargoyle. I used to have one very similar. His name was Cedric. He was a cat kept by a group of monks in Britain during the plague years. The plague was especially hard on the regular clergy, but the monks were cloistered so they didn't have a lot of contact with the outside world.

What they did have was rats, and the rats were lethal because the fleas were the source of the plague in that area. Cedric was such a great mouser that not one of the monks became ill. Upon his death they commissioned a stone gargoyle of him and installed it on their monastery.

I used to have a small one of him, and he looked similar to yours. I think he may have had his wings folded back, though.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I think I know the avi gargoyle. I used to have one very similar. His name was Cedric. He was a cat kept by a group of monks in Britain during the plague years. The plague was especially hard on the regular clergy, but the monks were cloistered so they didn't have a lot of contact with the outside world.

What they did have was rats, and the rats were lethal because the fleas were the source of the plague in that area. Cedric was such a great mouser that not one of the monks became ill. Upon his death they commissioned a stone gargoyle of him and installed it on their monastery.

I used to have a small one of him, and he looked similar to yours. I think he may have had his wings folded back, though.

The woman at the store thought I was nuts. I explained to her that I've been looking for another big gargoyle for the past few years and was excited that they had one. She kept wrinkling her nose at me as if to say "Why do you want more gargoyles for?" She then went on to defend them by telling me that people often confuse them for something evil when actually, gargoyles were used to ward off evil.

It was a weird conversation. I don't spend money on anything else, so if gargoyles make me happy, who cares. And if they put me in the 'crazy' category, I'm okay with that too. There far worse things I could be doing.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:53 PM
After the 6 important things I did this week, please don't ask me for any favors on Friday because I am burnt out. The podiatrist chided me. It was another type of doctor I hate (I can't stand either dentists and now podiatrists because I hate their bedside manner as doctors. Dentists are my worst enemy. I bit one and chokeheld another. My teeth are a lost cause in their eyes and they're right, I'm wrong and I have to deal with British teeth for the rest of my life.)

Otherwise, today was just another day for appointments.

No seriously, I'm crispy...I need to start my weekend early because of the drain I went through being a grown-up.

Don't want to adult
Not even human
I wanna cat.

Instructor
#19 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:09 AM
I'm okay. I've been feeling weird about my relationship recently. We're getting used to not seeing each other every day and we're both in job transitions right now.
I can't lie, I'm also a lot jealous of the fact that both him and his sister will be making more than me this summer. My new job said they wouldn't pay me less than $9/hr, and here I am making $8.75 (I think??) while his sister makes $12/hr and Sam's making like $15/hr. I know it's silly, but I've always been jealous of Sam and all his research and internships. I switched majors in January, so I'm starting from square one with everything. It's really frustrating.

But, otherwise, my day was fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:56 PM
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:30 PM
Okay, I guess. I have to make some phone calls, which scare me. I made a deal with myself that if I make an appointment for the dentist next week and *maybe* call the driving school to set that up, I could buy the Cats and Dogs expansion for TS4 lol. The adult in me is trying to parent the child part, I guess.

I realllly want to stay up, but I'm starting to get tired again since I'v been up for 4 hours (given, I'm on broken sleep). Yes, I'm tired after 4 hours. I have a consultation for a sleep study later this month to see if I have narcolepsy or something. I'm kind of scared, because if I don't, that just means I'm really, really lazy.
Alchemist
#22 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:13 PM
Sweaty and dying.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#23 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:55 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Jun 2018 at 4:17 AM.
Having a fine afternoon recuperating from the 4 day week I had of obligations and appointments, so yes, I am doing much better.

Been watching Arrested Development and The Office (US). I have a bit of a penchant for dry humor. Besides, I laugh off the fact my family and work environments are blander than steamed rice and less toxic and self-destructive than a bad relationship where klutz behavior reigns supreme.

P.S. As I was ran ragged, I think the only consolation I had in the back of my mind was a bit with Steve Carell making nonsensical blubbering noises as if he was getting a form of stage fright. Weird as the bit was, it was a good way to best illustrate the weekly degeneration employees in 9-to-5, 5-day work weeks go through between weekends.

I made a decision to save my work training compensation money for something important. Right now, I have more phone calls to make.

Forum Resident
#24 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:12 AM
1st a question
What happened to the previous thread?

I feel good. Got to honor my grandfather well at his funeral and Iknow that he is now at home with God.
Looking forward to spending the remainer of the weekend with family and wifi. I feel kind of optimistic as well hearing what one of my relatives went though at my age and where they have gotten to.

Also feeling a desire to play sims, thats partally why I'm digitally here. Feels like home even when away from home.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:26 PM
Clashing of the worlds.

One world is well meaning, means no harm. Advice is taken to heart and while Rome wasn't built in day, change is good. I embrace it. This change can only make me a better person.

Then there is the other world. It thrives on punching me in the head, metaphorically speaking. I've been battling with this world for awhile. It needs to be overturned, but truth be told, I have no idea how to do it. If I roll with it, the punches get harder. If I ignore it, the punches continue and the layers of shit get deeper.

I'm not looking for a superhero to come save me, but it would be great to have some direction. All my attempts in trying to deal with the ugly world have been epic failures. Clearly I'm doing something wrong if the problem persists.

On a lighter note, I've named the new gargoyles. The little one that sits to my right is named Crow. Gunther's twin is named Sunshine as he sits in the sunshine most of the day. Resident chipmunks like to sit on his head.
Page 1 of 61