Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hates Children Tweaks

by Zuperbuu Posted 30th Jun 2018 at 4:03 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2022 at 9:55 AM by Zuperbuu : Patched for October 2022

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 4:43 PM
Sounds like the perfect mod to add to my personal soap opera, "All My Sim Children."
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 4:47 PM
Default Bad parent
Alas, I tried to download this mod, and WinRAR tells me that it is a damaged file and will not open it to unzip even if I wanted to chance it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
Alas, I tried to download this mod, and WinRAR tells me that it is a damaged file and will not open it to unzip even if I wanted to chance it.
Same, Im having that problem too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:17 PM
I will try and update the rar right away, thanks for letting me know about this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:27 AM
LOL! I'm going to have some serious fun with this trait when you are finished with it! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:28 AM
Neither of your mods will open with 7zip. Other .rar files open fine, though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 3:13 AM
Thanks so much I've been wanting a trait like this for so long.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:41 AM
Thank you for this! I hate how my sims are happy go lucky all the time. This will definitely bring on the family drama.
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:38 AM
I was just wondering... Do parents get any negative buffs from their grown children (young adults and such) being around?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 6:08 PM
Also unable to open, sadly.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:20 AM
Can we also have a happy moodlet whenever the Horrible Parent be mean to their child?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 7:07 PM
Also can't open file, sad..this is the perfect trait for some of my working girls that would not be happy to be with child..lol
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:14 PM
Hmm. I had no problem opening the file. What are you using to open it?
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:03 PM
I see the issue now, for anyone using 7zip it won't work. It opens perfectly fine with winrar. Just a heads up to people who had the same issue as I and want to use this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I was just wondering... Do parents get any negative buffs from their grown children (young adults and such) being around?

Yes. Any children they have, even when those children become adults, will give them the "Homewrecker" negative buff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gyrobot
Can we also have a happy moodlet whenever the Horrible Parent be mean to their child?

this is on my list of things to add to it, but those won't come until every bug I find is squished!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xothi
I see the issue now, for anyone using 7zip it won't work. It opens perfectly fine with winrar. Just a heads up to people who had the same issue as I and want to use this!

thanks for pointing this out, I don't know why it's doing that. I'll post it on the main page of the mods! Thank you!
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:48 AM
loving this! It hasnt affected my game negatively too much, but I do get a few last exceptions from MCCC if I go to CAS and come back while a sim with this trait is at work (I think thats the situation haha, I havent done extensive tests)

The line that points me towards this trait says "<desyncdata>Exception when applying action &lt;BuffRemovalOp ParticipantType.TargetSim&gt; for loot &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Zuperbuu_HatesChildrenFix_Commodity_E1x'&gt; (ValueError: Trying to use SingleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.TargetSim)" let me know if you want the data about what I was doing!

Also, it would be great (but maybe impossible) if you could change the default relationship from parents with this trait and their children coming straight out of CAS (as opposed to the child being born in game). Currently, parents and children come out of CAS with about a half full friendship bar, regardless of traits, so I dont know if its even something that can be changed!
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zuperbuu
thanks for pointing this out, I don't know why it's doing that. I'll post it on the main page of the mods! Thank you!

No problem~

Hope this helps people~ You could try compressing the file with one or the other to test which works better for both programs, that may help a bit? Not too sure.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:52 PM
I'm having trouble even using WinRAR - for both this and your Hates Children Fix, WinRAR is telling me "No Archives Found."
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpalRose
loving this! It hasnt affected my game negatively too much, but I do get a few last exceptions from MCCC if I go to CAS and come back while a sim with this trait is at work (I think thats the situation haha, I havent done extensive tests)

The line that points me towards this trait says "<desyncdata>Exception when applying action &lt;BuffRemovalOp ParticipantType.TargetSim&gt; for loot &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Zuperbuu_HatesChildrenFix_Commodity_E1x'&gt; (ValueError: Trying to use SingleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.TargetSim)" let me know if you want the data about what I was doing!

Also, it would be great (but maybe impossible) if you could change the default relationship from parents with this trait and their children coming straight out of CAS (as opposed to the child being born in game). Currently, parents and children come out of CAS with about a half full friendship bar, regardless of traits, so I dont know if its even something that can be changed!

https://pastebin.com/7E9aWwXs

some of the whole file is cut out, it was super long as my game had been running for 24hours, and the earlier ones I know were caused by wickedwhims and I adjusted my settings to fix that issue
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:32 PM
https://pastebin.com/7E9aWwXs

some of the whole file is cut out, it was super long as my game had been running for 24hours, and the earlier ones I know were caused by wickedwhims and I adjusted my settings to fix that issue

Thanks for this information though, I am still learning how the code works for SIms 4 so I will look into the LE anyway just to see if something is amiss, but just a guess is that the LE is flagging from my efforts to scrub/block certain positive buffs your sim may be getting from a child. It's still a WIP but each bit of info like this will help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xothi
No problem~

Hope this helps people~ You could try compressing the file with one or the other to test which works better for both programs, that may help a bit? Not too sure.

Thanks, I will try something besides winRAR, too many people are reporting issues extracting the file!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:48 PM

This I am sure can be changed with the same premise as the "relationship at birth" thing, but I am not sure what I need to look for or how to change it yet, I am still trying to fix the LE, but it's becoming a struggle to understand exactly what is causing them. Once the errors stop being generated I can continue working on the other features of the mod, and getting the moodlet scrubber to actually function .
Page 1 of 3