Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 1761 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2005 at 2:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Sneaking Out
Hmm, i'm a bit confused. How do i make my teen sims sneak out? I know how to make them GO out, but how to sneak?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th May 2005 at 2:57 PM
call on the phone and you will see a sneakout option
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2005 at 3:32 PM
Ahh, what time is this? Does it have to be after 10 pm?
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th May 2005 at 3:42 PM
yes, wait till 10pm or after but before 1am
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th May 2005 at 4:41 PM
Hi.
Would you mind if I ask a question?
What's the consequence of sneaking out?
I know a teen has to ask his parent's permission before going out themselves.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:00 PM
If they sneek out, they can get caught by the police and brought back home
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:19 PM
Please excuse my stupidity, but...

I had no problems sneaking out (pie menu option on the phone - getting picked-up at 1 am or so), but how exactly do I make them "GO" out?

There's been some "ask for permission to go out" item on the pie menu from time to time but...

Could anyone explain the process to me - I'd be very pleased...

Thanx in advance!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:54 PM
Noe the GO out i can do!

You have to go up to a parent after school sometime and it should come up with "Ask for permission to go out". Then if they say yes you go to the phone and it says "Go Out" in exactly the same way it would say "Sneak Out".
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:44 PM
Another question:
- what's the point of sneaking out?
What can we get indeed? It is unwise to risk for being caught. My mum is rational and she wil let me out at request :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:54 PM
:Slap:

AFTER 10 pm but BEFORE 1 am have your teen pick up the phone and select "Sneak Out". They'll call a friend, the friend will come pick them up at 1 am. You do not need to ask your parent for permission to sneak out. Hello, they're sneaking out!

When 1 am rolls around, make sure the parents are in another room than the teen, or the parents will say something like, "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" And the teen will have to stay home.

Now, if you do sneak out, the teen will hop in the car of their friend and they'll drive away. The teen will come sneaking back into the house around 4 am.

If, at 4 am, the teen does not walk home but does in fact get dropped off by a cop in a police car do not worry! It's okay. The cop will just waltz right in, yell at a parent, then leave. No big deal. The teen will mope around for the rest of the night, and part of the next day but it doesn't matter. They'll get over it.

Any other questions?
#11 Old 8th May 2005 at 5:35 AM
Default policeman won't leave!
Yeah I have a problem with this - my teen was brought home by a cop, but I stopped the cop from yelling at the parent by cancelling the 'be lectured' action . . . now the cop won't leave. The police car is permanently outside and the cop just wanders around helping himself to dinner, the toilet, the shower, sleeping in my sims' beds, pacing around the room, and crying occasionally . . . When I click on him it says no actions available, I can't talk to him or ask him to leave or anything . . . He's been there for about a sim week now. I've saved and reloaded and he's still there. Other than evicting the family and moving in again, which I'd rather not do, how can I fix this?

Thanks.
Instructor
#12 Old 8th May 2005 at 5:46 AM
you saved the game and reloaded? thats why hes still when you reloaded the lot...you may need to do boolProp testingCheats Enabled and make the cop selectable and kill him off or add him to the family or something. Never had that happen before.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th May 2005 at 4:15 PM
I had this problem with delivery people just standing by my front door and not moving. I downloaded the Mindcontrol mirror from here and made the sim selectable. I told them to move and then unselected them. After that they just left of their own "free will". Hope this helped in some small way.

Section jump