Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SUD Housing Project ~ low rent apartments for 1 - 4 sims. Minimal CC.

by CatherineTCJD Posted 20th Aug 2018 at 7:01 PM

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:29 PM
Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:33 AM
That looks like a fun lot to play!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:14 PM
Thank YOU - for commenting!
I'm really glad you like it; and thrilled that you took the time to leave a comment. :lovestruc

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:28 PM
What a great lot! I've never played apartments -- the idea just never appealed to me for some reason -- but you've made it look so fun! I love the colours and themes, and there's so much to do in the common areas. Lots of entertainment and skilling choices, and I like the parking lot too. Thank you! ^_^
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:52 PM
Having a few issues with this lot. Firstly I noticed the stairs to get on top of the common building(one with a laundry area) will blink black and blue wild on the neighborhood screen, and in game they aren't the same color as in your screenshots. They're also missing the railing that connects the two levels of stairs. Secondly, I noticed that while the apartments look fine when viewed after placing the lot, to add in the washer/dryer, when I move in a family to the lot, all the apartment's furniture goes missing, except for rugs/bathrooms/kitchen areas. Not sure what is causing these issues, but other than that the lot seems to work fine.

Edit:On further testing, where I actually moved my sims into one of the apartments, it causes the game to crash.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodravenD
Having a few issues with this lot. Firstly I noticed the stairs to get on top of the common building(one with a laundry area) will blink black and blue wild on the neighborhood screen, and in game they aren't the same color as in your screenshots. They're also missing the railing that connects the two levels of stairs. Secondly, I noticed that while the apartments look fine when viewed after placing the lot, to add in the washer/dryer, when I move in a family to the lot, all the apartment's furniture goes missing, except for rugs/bathrooms/kitchen areas. Not sure what is causing these issues, but other than that the lot seems to work fine.

Edit:On further testing, where I actually moved my sims into one of the apartments, it causes the game to crash.

Are you using the UC? Or, do you have all EPs/SPs installed? That should be the only reason for crashing... I think?

For the stairs - it sound like you're missing the mesh. Do you have Numenor's glass stairs and their recolors? The stairs were packaged with lot, and should've installed with the lot. If you've never had them in your game before, you may also need the basic recolor pack he made. The flashing blue is because you either don't have the mesh or the texture. You may have to manually recolor the stairs - use the design tool and click each stair to change it's color. If the rail still isn't there - use the rail tool and add another one.

Are you renting the apartment furnished? Here's how.

Don't forget - if you want the use of a car, you must place those while placing the laundry machines - before a sim moves in.
Good luck! Let me know how it goes

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:53 PM Last edited by BloodravenD : 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Are you using the UC? Or, do you have all EPs/SPs installed? That should be the only reason for crashing... I think?

For the stairs - it sound like you're missing the mesh. Do you have Numenor's glass stairs and their recolors? The stairs were packaged with lot, and should've installed with the lot. If you've never had them in your game before, you may also need the basic recolor pack he made. The flashing blue is because you either don't have the mesh or the texture. You may have to manually recolor the stairs - use the design tool and click each stair to change it's color. If the rail still isn't there - use the rail tool and add another one.

Are you renting the apartment furnished? Here's how.

Don't forget - if you want the use of a car, you must place those while placing the laundry machines - before a sim moves in.
Good luck! Let me know how it goes

I have the Ultimate Collection, which shouldn't matter as it's the same as having all the expansions and stuff packs.

I picked up whatever custom content you linked as required and not included with the lot, so I should have them. I grabbed the main file, plus both the recolors and the metal+glass transparent files. It's not a mesh issue because both the ladders inside as well as the little planter closest to the basketball set up are also flashing black and blue on the neighborhood screen, yet they appear fine when I was setting up the laundry stuff on the lot. they also appeared fine when my sims were on the lot as well.

I place the lot, entered it to add the laundry stuff, and can clearly see the furnished apartments. I went back to the neighborhood to add my family to the lot and after the little intro of entering the lot, I can see inside each apartment as it's pretty well lit up, and I can see most of the furniture is missing except for what I previously mentioned. I even tried the boolprop cheat to shift+click the door to rent it furnished, with nothing changed. The lot is definitely an apartment one, as the landlord, the doors are rentable, and there is the apartment mailbox on the lot. So I don't understand why it would behave that way.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:39 AM
Huh!??? Have you ever had a problem like this on another lot?
All I can think to do now - is re-DL a fresh copy and try again from the start.

I'm going to see if any of the Apartment Mania contenders have an idea what might be wrong...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#10 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 4:14 AM
@BloodravenD, I'm not sure about the flashing blue in the neighborhood--all I can say is to try and place a new copy and make sure that the stairs are downloaded correctly, in the right folders (proper files are in the Downloads folder or in the game's program files, etc.). Otherwise, if the stairs shows up correctly when you load, I wouldn't worry about it, as the neighborhood view of lots can get wonky sometimes.

As for the missing furniture, that all sounds normal. When you enter the lot, some furniture will be missing and not show until you rent the furnished apartment. If your sim is just checking out apartments and hasn't moved in, then they won't be able to see everything. After you hit "Rent Furnished Apartment," however, everything should show up. BUT, make sure to select "Rent Furnished Apartment" only. If you accidentally select "Rent" first and the landlord starts to move your sims in, furniture won't show up if you select "Rent Furnished Apartment" later on. You'll have to exit without saving and try again (or move out and move back in if you already saved). Hope that helps!

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Huh!??? Have you ever had a problem like this on another lot?
All I can think to do now - is re-DL a fresh copy and try again from the start.

I'm going to see if any of the Apartment Mania contenders have an idea what might be wrong...

I've downloaded plenty of other lots, even some apartment lots, and not had this issue before, although most of the lots tend to either be custom content free or using very little. I've tried clearing all the required content and lot, and redownloading it all over again just in case it was somehow corrupted. Still having the issues.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@BloodravenD, I'm not sure about the flashing blue in the neighborhood--all I can say is to try and place a new copy and make sure that the stairs are downloaded correctly, in the right folders (proper files are in the Downloads folder or in the game's program files, etc.). Otherwise, if the stairs shows up correctly when you load, I wouldn't worry about it, as the neighborhood view of lots can get wonky sometimes.

As for the missing furniture, that all sounds normal. When you enter the lot, some furniture will be missing and not show until you rent the furnished apartment. If your sim is just checking out apartments and hasn't moved in, then they won't be able to see everything. After you hit "Rent Furnished Apartment," however, everything should show up. BUT, make sure to select "Rent Furnished Apartment" only. If you accidentally select "Rent" first and the landlord starts to move your sims in, furniture won't show up if you select "Rent Furnished Apartment" later on. You'll have to exit without saving and try again (or move out and move back in if you already saved). Hope that helps!

As I stated I've removed and redownloaded all the content needed for the lot, as well as the lot itself, just in case it was a corrupted download causing the issue. I know neighborhood view can get a little wonky, but this is definitely the first time I've had this sort of issue with it.

As for the missing furniture, even after choosing rent furnished it still removes everything except what I have stated. I did notice that they washer and dryer I had added were removed as well after I had placed the family on the lot. I've used apartments before so I know that normally the rooms just show up being completely dark, except for where walls would be, and having your sim look at the apartment, would show what's currently in them. I've never had furniture not show up that wasn't on the lot, from having a sim check out the apartment.
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:10 PM
Hmm, then I have no idea @BloodravenD. I only know that happens when you edit an apartment lot with cheats. I guess the last option is to try and install it in a clean hood to know if it's your game or the download.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:58 PM
Thank you for trying to help PhantomKnight, I don't know what else to suggest? I hope you get it sorted

and Vintage Stuffeths