Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 524 times.
#1 6th Sep 2018 at 10:19 AM Last edited by MiaAngelina : 13th Sep 2018 at 9:10 PM.
Loser's LegacyLOSER'S LEGACY
"Once upon a time a sim got cursed by 10 generations of misery for him and all his family. Will they be able to prevail in the decades of misfortune to finally break the spell?"
This is a variation of the original Legacy challenge so most of the rules are the same. You can find them here: https://www.simslegacychallenge.com...hallenge-rules/
In a nutshell, you have to create your founder sim, move them onto an empty lot and maintain their bloodline for 10 generations. In this particular game, we will be focusing on an unlucky individual whose character is miserable and twisted, and their future family of similar losers. Whereas in the original challenge you have to randomize all traits, in Loser's Legacy you will choose them yourself. However, only certain traits are allowed:
Can't stand art
Hates the outdoors
Loser (required for all)
No sense of humor
Unstable (must not prevent trait swaps)
In addition to the assortment of awful traits, each of your sims will also suffer from a certain "fatal flaw". There are 20 possible fatal flaws and they are assigned randomly. Some of them only affect the sim to which they apply, while others will have a significant impact on the whole family. There are some funny synergies between them which you will soon find out.
1. Crazy cat lady/man - your family must own as many cats as possible (2-6 according to how many sims live in the house). If at any moment a space for another one appears, you have to adopt a new cat immediately. When this fatal flaw takes effect, the family must get rid of any other animals to make space for the cats. (Re-roll if you don't have Pets EP.)
2. Nymphomaniac - the sim must woohoo at least three times every day. For teens making out will do (unless you have mods that allow teen woohoo).
3. Hoarder - the family may not sell/delete anything except for build mode objects.
4. Glutton - the sim must eat at least 8 full plates of food every day (you can make a family meal and reserve it for that sim for easier tracking). Quick meals count too. Glutton and a sim with Poor appetite will dislike each other and always be enemies.
5. Claustrophobe - this sim will never go inside a building. Or a car. Or a plane. Or generally any closed space.
6. Agoraphobe - this sim will never leave the safety of their house. Ever.
7. Germophobe - this sim must do everything in their power to maintain "Squeaky clean" moodlet at all times. This means as soon as it wears off, they need to hop in a shower to regain it. They will never interact with smelly sims and use dirty objects. They will also never use public bathroom. Germophobe and Stinker will dislike each other and always be enemies.
8. Danger addict - every time this sim's mood gets in the red, they will engage in an activity that has a chance of killing them. Be creative, it can be anything from repairing an electrical object with low handiness skill to standing outside in a thunderstorm, shaking a vending machine, eating magical jelly beans, ranting about death or flying a jet pack. If they survive, they don't have to taunt death again until the next day.
9. Cruel - this sim will feel an overwhelming urge to bully those closest to them. Every day this sim must be mean to each member of the household (teen and older) to the point that their victim will get a negative moodlet from it. They can apologize afterwards and try to mend their relationship, only to succumb to their dark side again the next day...
10. Scrooge - the family can only buy the cheapest available variant of items and services. They will also never buy anything costing over ยง1000. They will never give away any money or items or food for any sims outside of their family. Scrooge will always be enemies with Spendthrift and Gambler.
11. Fickle - this sim will not stay in one job for more than a week. Then they will quit and try something different, never going back to that particular career again. The same goes for relationships - no more than one week after going steady (or marrying) they have to break up and try their luck with someone else next time.
12. Spendthrift - this sim will spend every simoleon they get their hands on. If the family has any money left, you have to have this sim spend it all buying stuff or services. Bills can be paid with priority, but everything else must be spent as fast as you can. Spendthrift and Scrooge will dislike each other and always be enemies.
13. Misanthrope - this sim can never be anyone's friend. In fact, the only interactions they are allowed with other sims are mean. They should try to keep all relationship scores neutral or in negative numbers.
14. Drunkard - this sim has to go to a bar every evening and have at least 10 drinks. When they finally go to bed, they cannot get up before noon.
15. Gambler - this sim needs to spend at least 4 hours in a casino each day engaging in gambling activities for highest possible stakes. If they lose all their money, they can go home early. Gambler and Scrooge will dislike each other and always be enemies. (Re-roll if you don't have any casino items from the Sims store.)
16. Lazy - this sim will never touch any housework (cleaning, repairing, dishes, laundry, taking trash out, gardening etc.), only ever takes part time jobs and slacks off the entire shift. If they need to prepare their own food, they only go for quick meals and microwave-heated ones. They will never do any sports and will not learn skills unless the activity also raises their fun. Teenagers will always slack off at school and never do their homework.
17. Loon - you may not directly control this sim. No commands can be given and no actions can be cancelled. They will just do whatever they please, assuming you have their free will toggled on. Otherwise they will just stand there and drool. This sim may not move out of the house on their own.
18. Stinker - this sim will never ever shower or bathe, nor will they swim or wash their clothes. They just love their smell so other sims will have to deal with it. Germophobe and Stinker will dislike each other and always be enemies.
19. Poor appetite - this sim will not eat unless they are starving (the -80 moodlet). At that point they can have one small meal (yoghurt, green salad, cereals or a piece of fruit or vegetable). A sim with Poor appetite and Glutton will dislike each other and always be enemies.
20. Ghost obsession - each week this sim needs to acquire a new tombstone for their collection. You can visit a mausoleum, steal it from a graveyard or arrange an untimely demise of some unsuspecting sim. All tombstones need to be hidden somewhere on the family lot. Keep it a secret from other family members, unless they also share this trait.
You will start with rolling a 20-sided die (or using random number generator for numbers 1-20, for example Random.org) to see which fatal flaw your founding sim will possess. With that in mind, create your sim. Give the sim "Loser" trait and add another four traits from the list of allowed traits according to your taste. Finally move your sim on your starting lot and start playing! During Week 1 your fatal flaw will NOT take effect, so you can make any necessary preparations if needed.
Whenever a baby is born into your family, you need to roll for their fatal flaw. Do this before choosing traits, so you can choose traits that would not contradict the fatal flaw. (It would be weird to have a slob germophobe or a frugal spendthrift for example.) All fatal flaws will not take effect until the sim reaches their teens. Until then it is dormant and only serves you to choose fitting traits or plan for succession.
When an outsider sim joins the household, they are initially free of the family curse so they don't have any fatal flaw. However, living with your sims for too long will forever twist their character, so every new trait they might gain while living there will have to be chosen from the list of allowed traits (starting with "Loser" if possible), and as soon as they age up under your control, they will need to roll their own fatal flaw.
Sometimes you cannot choose traits for your sim and the game assigns them randomly. Therefore your sim might end up with some disallowed traits. This is fine, but such sims are not eligible for succession. Only pureblood losers with all their traits from the "allowed" list (including the mandatory "Loser" trait) can be heir or spare.
If you can manage to run this family long enough to reach Generation 10, you win and the curse is broken, meaning no more bad traits or fatal flaws for any future sims. Yay!
- To see which sim has what fatal flaw, the best is to write the name of the fatal flaw (or some abbreviation of it) before the sim's first name (like Scrooge Lizzie or Lazy Pete).
- If your sim has the "Unstable" trait from Into the Future EP, you may not have them avoid having trait swap episodes (breathe into a paper bag, treat instability in a hospital). However, they are not excluded from succession for getting disallowed traits this way.
- You may sometimes fail to meet the daily quota for certain fatal flaws (like 8 meals for Glutton or 3 woohoo for Nymphomaniac). It doesn't mean that you lost the challenge, but always make an honest attempt to do it right. If you wish, you can count penalty points for when that happens to compare with other players later.
- If you are uncomfortable with certain fatal flaws (they might touch a subject that is sensitive to you), feel free to re-roll and take something you are comfortable with.
Well, that's it! I hope you will enjoy playing my challenge. Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas and most importantly - share your stories!
#2 13th Sep 2018 at 10:32 AM
Simmer MamaDragon made this awesome roller for fatal flaws and allowed traits and kindly shared it with us, so feel free to use it! :-)