Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#26 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:00 PM
Ahh, this contest is awesome! But it sucks so bad that I'm on vacation, I won't be coming back until a week and a few days, I so hope I can participate in this contest and submit a picture when I get back, but otherwise, all these pictures are super cute!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 1:57 AM
@STS3388 your picture is too small, and is mentioned to be indoors during summer, so both wrong season AND way too small! Please change it, in the next 2 days or I cannot enter it into the contest.
Alchemist
#28 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 6:31 AM
Never done this before; hopefully people agree that elaborate games of toddler make believe is cute...

TS2

“Nothing good ever happens in a clearing in the woods.” -Freya Mikaelson
Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:17 AM
@k.ahearn11 Your image doesn't meet the minimum size requirement of 960 by 720 and you need to pick just one picture.

To anyone having issues with picture size on Sims 2, you can't use the in-game camera, you need to use a screenshot program or your print screen key on your keyboard.

Fraps is a free screenshot program http://www.fraps.com/ (it may or may not work if you are on win 10, but there are other free screenshot capture programs) If you do use Fraps or some other program that gives you pictures with a BMP file extension you will need to change that to jpg. FastStone is free and fast. http://faststone.org/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:47 AM
@joandsarah77
Hi, for some reason my game does not take up the whole of my screen when I play, so even if I printscreen that is the largest the picture can get. If I was to stretch the photo, it would just become super blurry and bad...
What can I do? Or am I just unable to participate in the contest?
Thanks...
Scholar
#31 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Ahh, this contest is awesome! But it sucks so bad that I'm on vacation, I won't be coming back until a week and a few days, I so hope I can participate in this contest and submit a picture when I get back, but otherwise, all these pictures are super cute!

@TheSweetToddler I hope you have a nice vacation, I would be looking forward to your pictures. I should have my new charger to my i5 laptop by then so I could start submitting pictures for this contest.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 12:20 PM
@k.ahearn11 Are you playing in Window mode? Right click on your game loading shortcut and check properties. If it ends in -W it's in window mode. Also make sure you have on the 4 GB patch and have the graphics rules done. The help board is best to post to if you need more help, but check out the stickies in there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 12:35 PM Last edited by k.ahearn11 : 4th Oct 2018 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@k.ahearn11 Are you playing in Window mode? Right click on your game loading shortcut and check properties. If it ends in -W it's in window mode. Also make sure you have on the 4 GB patch and have the graphics rules done. The help board is best to post to if you need more help, but check out the stickies in there.

I play Ultimate Collection through Origin... if that means anything??

Edit: Also, do I want my game to be in window mode or not?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#34 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
@TheSweetToddler I hope you have a nice vacation, I would be looking forward to your pictures. I should have my new charger to my i5 laptop by then so I could start submitting pictures for this contest.
Thank you, I am enjoying being here on vacation, but I sometimes am eager to come back lol, but well, I'll need to make the most of it while I'm here. And that's great you're getting a new charger

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Space Pony
#35 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:38 PM Last edited by kadience : 5th Oct 2018 at 4:37 AM.
Default Sims 3 - Hay Maze (Autumn)
Screenshots

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Space Pony
#36 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:38 PM
@k.ahearn11 I believe you do need to be in windowed mode. In case it helps, this is the guide that saved me when I was having trouble taking big enough screenshots.
Scholar
#37 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Thank you, I am enjoying being here on vacation, but I sometimes am eager to come back lol, but well, I'll need to make the most of it while I'm here. And that's great you're getting a new charger

Yeah the sooner I get it the sooner that I don't have to deal with this cheap and overheating thing. I would finally be able to play Sims 2 and 3 at the highest performance without the compensation of speed.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:41 PM
@kadience your picture is a wee bit small (920 by 720) just make it a bit bigger I changed the rules to compensate because 1000 by 750 is a weird size, to 960 by 720 but I really don't want to make it any smaller
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:14 PM
Also for those entering, it's best to leave the small attached photo as Phantomknight did above because when you click on that it will bring up a larger picture than what shows in the body of the post.

~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#40 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 3:58 AM Last edited by kadience : 5th Oct 2018 at 4:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
@kadience your picture is a wee bit small (920 by 720) just make it a bit bigger I changed the rules to compensate because 1000 by 750 is a weird size, to 960 by 720 but I really don't want to make it any smaller

Ah man, that's what I get for trying to multitask. lol. And I think I saved over the original screenshot, so I'll have to go back ingame and retake it. >< I will have that replaced shortly.
ETA: Okay, not exactly the same, since I don't use poses. But redone. Not sure how I managed last time to crop to 920 instead, I'll blame my son, but it's at 960 this time. xD

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin
@k.ahearn11 I believe you do need to be in windowed mode. In case it helps, this is the guide that saved me when I was having trouble taking big enough screenshots.

Thank you so much! It's worked!
Test Subject
#42 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:22 AM
~ Meet little Autumn Harris ~

Autumn loves singing and playing under the willow trees by the lake...

~ Sims 2 ~
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:25 PM
The deadline for autumn pics is October, 8, right?
Can I join second round if I didn't participate in first?
Can I submit picture which took part in other MTS contest if there is a toddler?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:35 PM
@N_Fluen$e if you need it, I will extend it to morning of October 9 (only because I posted at a really weird time) but I really can't schedule it past then, because my judges work etc. As for a picture for another contest, as long as it is YOUR picture, and it fits the requirements, yes you may.
Scholar
Mad Poster
#46 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:37 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Oct 2018 at 9:48 AM.
Fall entry (TS2)

~Twins Avery and Ellie, with their little brother Jamie, finding wonders in the most ordinary things~

I attached a slightly smaller picture under. I've occasionally had troubles with the image host, so it's just a backup, really. My laptop possibly overheated in the middle of the photoshoot (probably didn't like having the game and PS open at the same time - that thing is getting old), but it was just a blip in the system, so hopefully I'll be able to do the pics for the rest of the contest. Just need to go on a downloading spree first...
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:15 AM
@simmer22 It's actually better to leave the small attached picture because when clicked on it normally comes up larger than the main picture, which is helpful for the judges. Super cute by the way. I'm wondering where you got your pumpkins from? I had a difficult time finding enough and ended up growing two varieties just for my picture!

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#48 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:26 AM
I think those are the ones from here. No picture in the post, but I found them via Lesyasun's WCIF answer at Tumblr, and thought they looked nice (plus there's plenty of other autumn-themed goodies for those of you who may struggle finding CC for the pics).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#49 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:50 AM
Right here on MTS. In all my hunting around that never showed up ugh.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:46 AM
Damn you Simmer22! Yours is too cute <3

Page 2 of 14