Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Fall entry (TS2)

~Twins Avery and Ellie, with their little brother Jamie, finding wonders in the most ordinary things~

I attached a slightly smaller picture under. I've occasionally had troubles with the image host, so it's just a backup, really. My laptop possibly overheated in the middle of the photoshoot (probably didn't like having the game and PS open at the same time - that thing is getting old), but it was just a blip in the system, so hopefully I'll be able to do the pics for the rest of the contest. Just need to go on a downloading spree first...

I love your picture. Where did you find the cc for the toddlers?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:33 AM
Thanks
Most of it is actually here on MTS plus a few items from some Tumblr/LJs (search for Autumn, Fall, Pumpkin, Winter or Halloween on MTS, and add "Sims 2 Download" to the search word on Google, plus I downloaded everything in the link I posted earlier - I thnk you'll be able to find most of it without too much effort - I only did a quick search on each word, though I did look through all the MTS results). I think the hairs are Peggy and Raon (very old ones - I've had them for 10 years or so). I also made a few things (poses, infant clothes, and the leaf props).
Scholar
#53 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Thanks
Most of it is actually here on MTS plus a few items from some Tumblr/LJs (search for Autumn, Fall, Pumpkin, Winter or Halloween on MTS, and add "Sims 2 Download" to the search word on Google, plus I downloaded everything in the link I posted earlier - I thnk you'll be able to find most of it without too much effort). I think the hairs are Peggy and Raon (very old ones - I've had them for 10 years or so). I also made a few things (poses, infant clothes, and the leaf props).

Are those sites still around? Sims 2 websites are starting to go kaput along with the Sims 1 cc websites.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:44 AM
I think both are down, but most of the hairs have been reuploaded (Booty and Simscave comes to mind - I found a huge Peggy upload with free hairs not long ago, possibly at Simscave).
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:48 AM
Default Autumn (TS2)
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:01 AM
@Phantomknight
@simmer22
Glad I waited, no way I can compete with that! You guys are doing great, rooting for you!

Lowkey hoping there will be a picture contest with adults... maybe fashion pictures, I think that'd be more my thing.

And @N_Fluen$e Photoshop much?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
@N_Fluen$e Photoshop much?

What do you mean by that? Doesn't look like its been used much.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hannahsim201999
What do you mean by that? Doesn't look like its been used much.

Much is the key word. Due to the leaves and lighting it looks like Photoshop, and that wasn't allowed.

Maybe I'm wrong but in that case I'd like to know how they achieved that because it definitely doesn't look like something in-game. :P
Mad Poster
#59 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:53 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Oct 2018 at 1:12 PM.
@Pideli,
You can do a lot with the right set and lights ingame. The toddlers in my picture turned out a little dark, so I just put a lamp in front of them to brighten up their faces. If you play at night, the lights are much brighter but you get a blue tone. If you have the Radiance mod, the distance from the lights also play in, and the various lights give different effects (I like some of the candles - they often give a warm, strong light). There's also the sunset mod, which gives a warm light a few hours in the morning and evening. Outdor light is a bit meh sometimes, and it's difficult to get much use out of lights in daytime, but you can manipulate indoor lights much more. Windows can also add some effects. Even seasonal lights can add some color when outside (the lot I used was set to spring, but then I switched to autumn, and got a slightly warmer light). Play around and have fun with it to see what you can do. The picture above is probably a very dark wall, and some lights in front of the toddler indoors, possibly at night but I'm not sure. Walls don't always take on as much light as the surroundings. I think the leaves are a conversion by Sadepaiva (so they're not photoshopped - I actually downloaded those leaves but ended up not using them). Should be fully possible to do ingame without having to use photoshop.

For most of my pictures, unless I add effects or cut/paste between pictures, I do 99% of the work ingame, just doing some quick brightening and add a frame. I prefer not having to do a lot of editing outside the game. (The picture I posted in the entry is just cropped because I play windowed, though I did make a more edited version just for fun).

Also, why not enter for fun? You can learn a lot from the judges' comments, and you can get a lot of inspiration from the other contestants, and who knows, maybe you have a chance at winning . I started out with contests I had no chance of winning (the other contestants were too good), and gradually got better, learning some tricks along the way.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:00 PM
simmer22 Good points!
Though my issue is also that toddler pictures isn't really for me. I love taking pictures though! I'll think about it. I'll see if there are spots left as the deadline is approaching because I need to prioritize some other things first.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:15 PM
@gdayars, just wondering, but is the next picture for winter, and will there be any special requirements for the remaining seasons? I have a very full next week/weekend, so I thought I'd get a head start now when I have a few days off (will wait with posting, though).
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Much is the key word. Due to the leaves and lighting it looks like Photoshop, and that wasn't allowed.

Maybe I'm wrong but in that case I'd like to know how they achieved that because it definitely doesn't look like something in-game. :P

Leaves are not Photoshop but objects from here. Also I have lighting mod (Gunmod + this addon ) so the lights are different from Maxis ones.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:22 PM
{ taken in sims 3 }
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#64 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:54 PM
Some great shots here - I'm beginning to wish I'd volunteered to judge now. I can feel my assessment antennae twitching. I'm loving the colours and compositions.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:10 PM
@simmer22

yes the seasons will go in order so you can count on it being winter, then spring, then summer

@maxon

we can always use an emergency judge... :P

btw seasonal photoshopping was allowed anyway, at least for those without seasons and I recognize the one picture! it was from a calendar contest I believe... :P

wanted to add.... I believe I have caught up all entries for the contest now so if I missed you, please @ me!
Instructor
#66 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:37 AM
wow..these are sooo cute..I haven't been on for a while and just now seeing this..

Good luck everyone..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#67 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 1:08 PM
If you need an emergency Judge Gina, I can certainly stand up for that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 5:33 PM
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by N_Fluen$e

Lovely picture! If I remember right it was part of the calendar contest last year, wasn't it? Good luck to the little one!

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Mad Poster
#70 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:49 PM
So when is the judging? Just curious...
(also @Freya5, maybe consider using a smaller avatar picture? Yours takes up half the screen and shrinks the text window).
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:06 AM
Sorry guys was going to post last night. Was just downloading the LAST judge's scores last night... About the time the breaker flipped. The computer crashed. The secondary hard drive got damaged. So I got a new one today, will attempt to put them up tonight on my daughter's but if not for sure after I get computer up and running tomorrow!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:18 AM
So not just me having computer troubles today, then (though yours sound a lot worse than mine - my laptop has been gradually failing for the past half year or so). I was doing the winter picture (because I'm busy the next week or so), managed to take one picture ingame after decorating the lot, was just going to do a few minor changes to the composition, then the screen went black and my laptop restarted. I'm so glad I decided to take a picture before I changed anything, because otherwise I'd been really pissed off right now. I also saved most of the setup on the lot, so if I decide to do it over again I haven't lost everything. I really liked that setup...

I've been doing backups more frequently ever since my laptop started weirding out, so if it does die a horrible death sometime in the future, at least the losses won't be too hard. But I think it's about time I get a new one, since my first laptop had a similar blackout thing for a while too (eventually it wouldn't work even with the power cord). It's the second time in two play sessions this happens (possibly one or two times non-game related as well).
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:46 AM
Am I too late? Blast it! stupid work...

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Link Ninja
#74 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 4:39 AM
Aww @Freelala, I would have loved to see what you came up with for this contest. Your pics are always so stellar!

@gdayars - When can we start posting Round 2? Immediately after scoring is posted?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Freya5 : 19th Oct 2018 at 8:30 AM.
Default TS3 Fall
I guess I'm too late, got a bit confused about when it begun and then I just got my computer back from service, but that's not an excuse I guess. Can I participate with pics for the other seasons?
Here is the picture I would like to submit for TS3 - if it's not too late:

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!

Page 3 of 14