Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:46 AM Last edited by SeptemberSimsForum : 1st Apr 2020 at 4:53 PM.
Default Titanic - WIP *Grand Staircase Completed 12/12/18*
Grand Staircase

December 12th 2018

Hi everyone! This month I started to work on recreating RMS Titanic in The Sims 2. I will first build all interiors needed for the movie and then the exterior of the ship. I will try to post updates once a week. This is a free time consuming process and I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible so it may take a while! All comments and suggestions are welcome!

I started with first class grand staircase and here are pics how it looks at the moment!

D Deck

C Deck

B Deck

A Deck

Boat Deck

That's all for now!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:22 PM
I managed to create a new staircase with detailed texture and boat deck wooden railing frame.

Staircase.

Details.

Boat deck.

That's all!
Alchemist
#3 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:04 PM
This seems like a lot of work and a very CC heavy project. Be sure to check out the other Sims Titanics which are out there, that might help if you're confronted with a complicated part, and may contribute to a CC-free solution.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:36 PM
Thanks for your advice! I have a plenty of useful objects already, planning to do just some recoloring, but these iconic pieces I'm trying to make as accurate as possible. Also cloning objects from game itself such as columns and furniture and modifying them a bit will hopefully speed up the process!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 1:24 PM
Look forward to seeing this take shape! The staircase looks great.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 2:24 PM
Thank you! Working on a wrought iron fence which will replace this png based one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:40 PM
I'm pleased with progress I managed to make this week: new wrought iron fence which I actually made fully 3d, but it was unfortunately far too complex for Milkshape to handle so I made it 2d png based, 5 new columns after having constant problem of getting "not responding" message from Milkshape and 12 different textures for flooring based on OFB EP (I think).

Updated A Deck with new columns and iron fence.

Updated Boat Deck also with new columns and iron fencing.

New linoleum flooring. The old one had just sentimental value, was made in paint!

Decorative wall column which was finished yesterday and will be used on 6 decks, from E up to Boat Deck.

That's all!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:39 AM
This looks fantastic! You should check out Titantic: Honour & Glory, as far as I know it's a free download, you get to explore the ship as they made it in 3D, and it's very detailed, perfect for what you're doing as a reference in 3D.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:11 PM
Thanks! I heard about the game and it's a pure perfection! I'm using as a reference various photos of Titanic's sister ship Olympic as well as online deck plans, but I will sure have in mind all new discoveries that Honour & Glory team discovered with their experts and try to apply them in previously wrong realized design.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:16 PM
Weekly update no. 3.

New window with matching wall for Boat, A and B deck.

New ceilings and beams recolors fully applied on Boat deck.

A little bit modified door from Nightlife for Boat and A deck.

Baized doors for first class corridors.

First class entrance doors on B deck.

Updated elevator foyer on A deck.

That's all!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 12:19 AM
Wow. Is gorgeous keep the good work!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 10:51 AM
Gorgeous, looks great! Love your attention to detail.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:27 AM
^^^Thanks so much!

Weekly update no. 4.

I didn't have much time this week, but some important elements are completed.

First class elevator gates.

A Deck cherub torchiere.

B Deck cherubs.

C Deck two pairs of cherubs.

That's all!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 2:02 PM
Weekly update no. 5.

New lighting fixtures for grand staircase.

Testing Scriptorium and light mod that comes with it.

A Deck promenade windows with working wall mask finally!

Ever wanted to travel aboard Titanic or becoming an extra in the movie? Well, your Sim can! Make yourself as a Sim in Sims 2 Body Shop or if you're feeling brave or creative you can make yourself as Edwardian era Sim and upload it where ever you wish or send the file as email to [email protected] and your Sim will appear in upcoming movie. Before sending just don't forget to share few pics with us!

Simple terms:

-it would be nice to make your Sim matching real age: if you're 12 or under - child; 13-19 - teenager; 20-65 adult; 65 or more - elder.

-if you're planning to make your Sim as Edwardian one, please consider historical accuracies.

-please select a class you wish to travel.

*Please notice that details like clothes and hair style may be changed to fit the era; skin tones may be changed to universal skin tone style to match all Sims.

That's all!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 3:22 PM
Weekly update no. 6.

New furniture for grand staircase.

That's all for this week!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 11:20 AM
Weekly update no. 7.

New sofas for first class elevators.

Prometheus heaters for grand staircase as seen on Boat Deck.

Illuminated sign for ship's interior.

That's all!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 9:12 AM
Weekly update no. 8.

Paintings for grand staircase.

Clock for "Honour And Glory Crowning Time" carving.

Steinway Piano Model R for Boat Deck.

Everything needed for grand staircase is completed so it should be finished soon!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:09 PM
Wow I love these rooms! Amazing work :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 9:09 AM
Thanks! Grand staircase is completed and now I'm working on a presentation video.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 10:23 AM
Weekly update no. 9.

C Deck

A Deck

Boat Deck

Grand staircase is officially finished! Click HERE to see the video. Hope you'll like it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 1:37 PM
Weekly update no. 10.

Continuing this massive project with reception room! There's not much to show for now, but I hope more will be in a week.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 3:36 PM
Weekly update no. 11.

I worked on reception room entire week and even though there's still a lot to be done, I'm quite satisfied with current progress:

New 38 walls and carpet.

New double doors for D Deck entrance and dining saloon.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 10:02 PM
Weekly update no. 12.

I was busy this week, but managed to complete new mesh for dividing windows as well as new 12 walls.