Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:55 PM
Default The immortal kleptomaniac legacy challenge
DESCRIPTION
Your founder will build a dynasty — and live to see it flourish. Starting out life poor, our founder developed the kleptomaniac trait and built his legacy on ill gotten goods. Becoming immortal meant the opportunity to follow their offspring through generations to come.
In this challenge, the basic rules are:

- Start with a toddler founder and one parent
- Steal or work your way up in life - you’re only allowed to buy items from the buy catalogue with severe restrictions
- The founder strives to become immortal to enjoy his or her hard earned possessions
- Mastery of many professions and aspirations throughout the generations builds the family heirlooms

This is the way I typically play — with focus on maximizing one sim through an entire (long) life time.

SETUP
- Set aging to normal and turn aging on for inactive families. I play with long lifespan but you can choose as you please. If you find a mod that adjusts lifestage lengths, you can use it.

- I use the MCC and tweak the aspects for better story progression. Use your judgement — no cheating allowed.

- Start with your founder as a toddler — any traits, gender, looks are fine. Create one parent to care for them, choose any traits you want but one has to be the legacy trait — kleptomaniac. Use whatever you can to keep the founder alive. The founder only may use anti-ageing and may freeze or lengthen their life span. The others may not.

- Start with an empty lot or the cheapest apartment, unfurnished. You may get the cheapest versions of each of these: single bed, toddler bed, WC, shower, fridge, stove or grill, 2 x counters, trash can. You can choose the camping gear if you wish. Purchase the legacy Knight of the Octagon table (décor — statues) and (optional) 2 points of enmity and 1 von Windenburgs trap. These must never be sold as they are family heirlooms.

- Start a club with the family members added. There are no restrictions on what activities you choose, but you must have at least one “forbidden” action. You may change them once a week. The club can gather as much as you want but the members must actively perform club activities together — i.e. don’t leave the club running on “sleeping” through the night etc. You can join or create other clubs as well. You may use the “rally troopes” only once per day.
- The first club perks you buy must be the handshake, after that the family club banner, flag, seal, rug and banner. You are allowed to buy these items from the buy mode catalogue. After that, you’re free to purchase any club perks you wish.

BUY MODE RESTRICTIONS
- You may NOT purchase items from the buy mode catalogue (exception see below) — but you may purchase anything from the build catalogue. You must obtain items through stealing, buying from vendors, or through career advancement. The flea market is your friend in this challenge, and if you have a workbench on a nearby lot you can make furniture there.

- You may not sell reward objects from careers or events, or things you’ve stolen. If you’ve obtained a better version of an object, you may sell your old one on the condition that you’ve used it for at least a week. Once you’ve made a bathtub on the workbench, for example, you’re allowed to sell the cheap shower. If you steal a lamp and use it for a week, you may sell it and exchange it from the buy catalogue for one of equal value. Two cheap used lamps can be used to buy a new, better one, for example.

- You can make money selling art, produce, gems, write books and so on. You may operate a retail store to sell these goods (nothing from buy mode buy mode). You may use careers from GTW and run a restaurant etc. Once you own a venue it’s in the family!

SUCCESSION LAWS
- Bloodline: strict traditional. Any child must be naturally born from the previous generation.
- Heir: living will. The offspring with the highest relationship with previous heir will be named successor, but with the option strength, i.e. any spares might challenge them to a fight. Species: all life forms must be represented in heirs at least once during the challenge. Alien, vampire, ghost.
- Read more about the succession laws here: http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/...uccession-laws/

- Use the random trait generator for children. https://www.simslegacychallenge.com...nerator-traits/

- The heir must have the kleptomaniac treat (with cheat if needed). Spares are to move out upon reaching YA but can be moved back in if the heir dies. The heir cannot move out.

OTHER RULES
- Aspirations should be different from each generation.

- Career: you may choose any career that’s in line with your aspiration. You may switch careers once you reach the top. Your offspring should choose a career you haven’t tried yet.

- You are free to move as long as you’ve made money to afford it. In fact, you’re encouraged to try living in different places (and decorate them all). The lots must be unfurnished. You may pick one lot trait but the other two must be randomized. Should you prefer a legacy lot, that’s fine too.

- You may move in sims as long as they don’t add money to the household. Use the "testingcheats on" and "money x", where x is the amount you want to set household funds to, to remove any unwanted money that comes along with sims.

- You may bring sims back from the dead. Sims may not be aged up earlier than two weeks from their birthday — that’s when the game calendar allows you to plan a birthday party for them.

- No cheating. Mods are allowed as long as they are not too OP.

- No restarting bad events.

- No playing other families.

Have fun!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 2:12 PM
I got a question why the lines of succession if the founder is immortal. I like to max out skills for one sim, but I also like to play with what I get on his/her offspring. Hence why the founder is immortal - he/she gets to live to see all the screw-ups and random successes of the children.
The thing I like the most is the restriction on buy mode - it's easy to make tons of money and it gets boring fast when you can have anything you want. This way, I have to reallly plan out what I need and find ways to get it.
Hope you got some ideas for your gameplay, too.