Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Autonomous Drinks from Fridge, Espresso and Tea Machine

by Daleko Posted 2nd Nov 2018 at 10:54 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2018 at 1:19 AM by Daleko : Bugs correction

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 4:21 PM
Will be nice to remove, or make less autonomous drinks in the bars, with Basemental mod my unaware inactive sims starts to drink and drink, and so on, the mod has an addiction mechanic and i fear my sims will get addicted, thanks for the mod and cheers!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juliandevast
Will be nice to remove, or make less autonomous drinks in the bars, with Basemental mod my unaware inactive sims starts to drink and drink, and so on, the mod has an addiction mechanic and i fear my sims will get addicted, thanks for the mod and cheers!

I'm afraid it could be a Basemental mod's conflict with (an)other mod(s). You should talk him about it!
Thank you for the suggestion btw.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 11:37 AM
Thanks so much for this! The autonomous drinking has been driving me around the bend, especially when they leave the glasses to spoil somewhere I can't find them right away. And then they have the nerve to complain to me about filthy surroundings. Looking forward to an end to all that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:45 PM
Yes good thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 4:07 PM
I love that I don't have to see them guzzling water nilly willy anymore. Thank you! QwQ
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 12:16 PM
It works, my sims don't get drinks autonomously anymore, but unfortunatly I also can't make my sims make coffee anymore when I tell them to. The action gets cancelled immediately
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EliseP
It works, my sims don't get drinks autonomously anymore, but unfortunatly I also can't make my sims make coffee anymore when I tell them to. The action gets cancelled immediately

Are you sure it doesn't conflict with some other mod? Anyway, I'll test it soon, my sims never have a coffee machine so I never encountered that problem. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 12:42 AM
I tested this with it being the only mod in my game. I have every part of the game except Strangertown. My game version is 1.47.49.1020.
It does break the coffee makers but not the espresso machines (didn't try tea makers). It changes the "Make Moffee" menu selection to "Go Oolong" and clicking it does nothing.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ahmird2
I tested this with it being the only mod in my game. I have every part of the game except Strangertown. My game version is 1.47.49.1020.
It does break the coffee makers but not the espresso machines (didn't try tea makers). It changes the "Make Moffee" menu selection to "Go Oolong" and clicking it does nothing.

Very weird. Are you sure you don't have any other CC or mods? Have you tried to fix the game? The mod shouldn't break it, because it doesn't change anything but the autonomy of the grab-a-drink action. Is like, change a percentage number, not messing with the actions themselves.

Said that, if anyone else has the same problem, please let me know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th May 2019 at 6:50 PM
I have the Run Oolong issue with my coffee makers too (on residential lots and at the Strangerville lab that I've seen). I have food/recipe mods, but I haven't yet checked to see if any of them conflict.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 10:18 AM
Can you make one that stops drinks from fridge only option? Thanks