Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 12:34 AM
Instrument Music Mods?
First, let me say I know nothing about modding for Sims 4 but I'm a mod junkie! Installing them is no problem. That being said, there are mods that I wish for that no one is doing (at least as far as I know?). The idea came to me when when Necrodog released his mod for the playable music box with music. I thought, how cool! But I really want more music for my instruments, especially the pipe organ (I'm a vampire), so is there a tool that can convert an MP3 file, that doesn't play on the stereo, but instead mods it to play on the pipe organ, guitar, etc.? I would like to put custom music choices for my Sims to actually play instead of just listen? I have the mp3 music for the Phantom of the Opera Theme (instrumental only) coming out of my stereo, but I want to play it on the pipe organ! Is that possible?
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
First, let me say I know nothing about modding for Sims 4 but I'm a mod junkie! Installing them is no problem. That being said, there are mods that I wish for that no one is doing (at least as far as I know?). The idea came to me when when Necrodog released his mod for the playable music box with music. I thought, how cool! But I really want more music for my instruments, especially the pipe organ (I'm a vampire), so is there a tool that can convert an MP3 file, that doesn't play on the stereo, but instead mods it to play on the pipe organ, guitar, etc.? I would like to put custom music choices for my Sims to actually play instead of just listen? I have the mp3 music for the Phantom of the Opera Theme (instrumental only) coming out of my stereo, but I want to play it on the pipe organ! Is that possible?

This is what I've found to extract all the audio files from the game: http://simscommunity.info/2016/01/0...rom-the-sims-4/
Also Sims4Studio has a tuning extractor in the tool menu which may be much easier and more localized. You can type in "piano" and all the associated files will come up. You can work through them from there to see the different songs you can play on the piano. Then, you would replace the appropriate audio files with your own.

I really don't know how to convert music files into the correct format, though, sorry, and I think that will be your biggest challenge, unless someone else can advise you on that, but I hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Good luck!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
This is what I've found to extract all the audio files from the game: http://simscommunity.info/2016/01/0...rom-the-sims-4/
Also Sims4Studio has a tuning extractor in the tool menu which may be much easier and more localized. You can type in "piano" and all the associated files will come up. You can work through them from there to see the different songs you can play on the piano. Then, you would replace the appropriate audio files with your own.

I really don't know how to convert music files into the correct format, though, sorry, and I think that will be your biggest challenge, unless someone else can advise you on that, but I hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

That's a good start though. Thank you!! I just downloaded sim4studio and am trying to learn how to use it. This could be fun!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
That's a good start though. Thank you!! I just downloaded sim4studio and am trying to learn how to use it. This could be fun!

Hey just wondering if you figured this out yet, I'm also looking into changing the music files, thx