Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 5:20 PM
Wall/Foundation/Roof Prices?
Is there any way of changing these?

Was wondering if there's any way of making building houses more expensive.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Is there any way of changing these?

Was wondering if there's any way of making building houses more expensive.

I might be wrong but maybe you could use S3PE to change the price?

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 4:19 AM
I know I can use S3PE, but I'm not sure where to look in the game files to find the values.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I know I can use S3PE, but I'm not sure where to look in the game files to find the values.

Perhaps look in fullbuild0.package file, or in one of them inside the game files. Be careful though, if you didn't already know you should make a copy of that file to your desktop or somewhere, you don't want to mess up anything in the game

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 10:27 PM
Okay, so a more appropriate reply to your question!

The quickest approach I'd have done, if this is changing the values for in-game wlalpaper, I'd say, go with s3oc. It's way quicker too and you know you've got the right files within S3PE once you're ediitng it. Make sure to use the checkbox "renumber" though! it will make sure to make a default replacement out of this. Then, once S3OC creates this package, just open it up in S3PE and you should be able to edit it in the OBJD bits

Let me know if you need more help regarding this
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Okay, so a more appropriate reply to your question!

The quickest approach I'd have done, if this is changing the values for in-game wlalpaper, I'd say, go with s3oc. It's way quicker too and you know you've got the right files within S3PE once you're ediitng it. Make sure to use the checkbox "renumber" though! it will make sure to make a default replacement out of this. Then, once S3OC creates this package, just open it up in S3PE and you should be able to edit it in the OBJD bits

Let me know if you need more help regarding this

@Lyralei

Thanks- I'm more interested in the actual wall, roof and foundation pieces, more than the wallpaper/flooring prices- I was thinking of making this mod so it can better simulate older lifestyles where even a simple house can't be built at once.

There must be some values that dictate the prices of the actual build items, IMO.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:17 PM
Just so I get what you're saying @jje1000 , you mean like editing the price of the wallpaper, flooring, roofing, whatever. Or specifically how the game calculates the price for houses?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 11:56 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 24th Nov 2018 at 12:08 AM.
@Lyralei I mean the price of the individual unpainted wall segments and foundation platforms, before any wallpaper or flooring is added.
Inventor
#9 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 3:02 AM
I haven't tested this in game yet but here is what I did. S30C > Cloning > Wall Types. Once that loaded clicked Normal Walls > Clone button > Left the renumber box checked and changed the price from 70 to 100 > Clicked Start. After the package generated I opened it and clicked on the CSWT > and viewed the price. Now you should be able to load that in your MODS folder. I'm going to test this out. So this should make walls be 100.00.