Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Leave the phone alone! (No autonomous gaming or browsing the web on their cellphones)

by Anonymouse85 Posted 16th Jan 2019 at 3:12 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2020 at 5:03 PM by Anonymouse85

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:26 PM
I was just looking for a (current, functional) mod like this yesterday! Glad you posted it today, now I can get started playing a save that's set in the late 1950s...
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 10:22 PM
what happened too the file? it does not show up gives a error
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
what happened too the file? it does not show up gives a error

404 File coudnt be found or somethng like that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 8:04 AM
Oh that happened a lot yesterday, it's fixed now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 1:46 AM
it;s help a lot !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:50 PM
I would love to use this mod, but do you really need all expansions/stuff packs for this to work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shirokitsune
I would love to use this mod, but do you really need all expansions/stuff packs for this to work?

No, this was the very first mod I ever made so I kinda hadn't yet figured out how the whole upload-process actually works. It should actually work with just the base game.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 6:43 PM
Thank you for this as the phone play drives me nuts! Currently I don't have any MODS in my game, but I am going to give this one and a few others a try. Maybe my SIms won't be as annoying now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 8:22 PM
Thank you! At last my Sims will get things done! Now could you extend this to the real world :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by P. Keefma
Thank you! At last my Sims will get things done! Now could you extend this to the real world

I really, really wish I could.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 12:29 PM
Thanks for this,now to see if there is a mod to stop raiding the fridge when someone else is cooking a meal lol.
Take care
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 9:13 PM
Is there a way to disabled the phone entirely?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celoptra
Is there a way to disabled the phone entirely?

Not to my knowledge. If you put the "off grid"-lot trait on a lot, it disables most of the phone's functions but not all. I am currently looking for a way to turn off the picture-popup when the phone is set to silent but I'm not gonna make any promises.
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 9:04 AM
Hiya can you disable afew more phone settings . As I still get sim using phone all time . Thx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TOMCAT101
Hiya can you disable afew more phone settings . As I still get sim using phone all time . Thx

Which ones and what is your Sim still doing with their phone?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:05 AM
Thank you!!! I really hated it that my sims EVERYTIME plays with their god damned phones!! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 7:06 AM
I would suggest also disable the animation of selfie? I found there're a lot of animations of it and takes up lots of time. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
I would suggest also disable the animation of selfie? I found there're a lot of animations of it and takes up lots of time. Thanks!

My sims never did that on their own; that option is already set to non-autonomous. Do you mean the interactions with Celebrities?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymouse85
My sims never did that on their own; that option is already set to non-autonomous. Do you mean the interactions with Celebrities?

I always play Runaway Teen to start the game. In the early stage, there are very few interactions for my single sims. There're quite a few moment he will take out the phone and does the selfie. That takes up a little bit of time and I think meaningless. Anyway, except for that, your mod is great.
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 2:49 PM
This mod is not working for me, about leave the phone alone. it actually does nothing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:50 PM
ooh I need this so much, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 11:53 AM
Omg thankyou so much!!! I'm gonna download this soon as I get home! I'm trying to play a lost mermaid in a zombie apocalypse and the cell phone use is about to drive me up a wall!! Do they have to do this every gosh darn sec?! What is EA thinking?!!! Okay rant over. Lol thankyou ^.^
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 6:28 PM
Does this still work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 11:42 AM
Default It should
Quote: Originally posted by piratejenny31
Does this still work?

It should still work, to my knowledge the latest update didn't include changes for the phone. In any case tho, I'm not going to update my mods just yet, I'm gonna wait until all the updates + the new gamepack are out.

I'm already using a 64bit OS so it won't affect me at all but my mods are (so far) still compatible with the 32bit version but they won't be much longer and after the update, I can't provide 32bit-OS-compatible mods anymore.
Page 1 of 2