Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scones with Jam and Cream

by Charity Posted 25th Jan 2019 at 11:38 PM - Updated 18th Feb 2019 at 2:08 AM by Charity

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 3:37 AM
If you used Santa Cookies as a base, shouldn't Holiday Stuff be listed as a required EP? Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 7:27 AM
Thank you for this new yummy food!
Can you tell where you found the default replacement of the plate?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XiaXiang001
If you used Santa Cookies as a base, shouldn't Holiday Stuff be listed as a required EP? Thank you

I have no idea, actually. I'll put it on there to be safe.

Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Thank you for this new yummy food!
Can you tell where you found the default replacement of the plate?

It was on here. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=235959
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 5:16 PM
Thanks, Charity! Your scones will be perfect for my Victorian hood. However I don't have holiday stuff pak, so I'll try this and let you know what happens.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 12:29 AM
you did a great job.. thank you so much... xoxo
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:56 AM
how cute! thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 4:34 PM
Sorry it's taken so long to get back but RL got in the way! I DO NOT have holiday stuff pack in my game but Charity's scones show up and function just fine. Hopefully they will work for others as well and again thanks, Charity!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greywolf3
Sorry it's taken so long to get back but RL got in the way! I DO NOT have holiday stuff pack in my game but Charity's scones show up and function just fine. Hopefully they will work for others as well and again thanks, Charity!

Thanks! I'll take off the HHS requirement.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 9:31 PM
As a Devon native, thanks so much for representing our glorious scone! BUT. The traditional Devonshire method is to spread the cream on first, THEN add the jam on top - this isn't Cornwall! I'll let you off this time, though :D
Instructor
#11 Old 20th May 2020 at 11:22 AM
I love having scones with jam and cream as a rare treat and so did my sims, so thank you. I did run into a problem, though - in my playtesting they replaced the santa cookies. I was stupid enough to test them together with other food cc, so this might of course not be a problem with this particular piece of cc, just thought I'd let you know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2020 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
I love having scones with jam and cream as a rare treat and so did my sims, so thank you. I did run into a problem, though - in my playtesting they replaced the santa cookies. I was stupid enough to test them together with other food cc, so this might of course not be a problem with this particular piece of cc, just thought I'd let you know.

It must be one of your other pieces of CC. I tested the scones with no other CC and they were fine with the santa cookies. Please make sure that it's actually my CC causing the problem before you post claiming that.
Screenshots
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd May 2020 at 11:48 AM
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I should have made sure, I just wanted to give you a heads up. After testing again with no other cc it works just as you show . The ins and outs of cc never fails to surprise me - while I still had the other cc in I had a sim make scones, put in a Christmas tree and the man in red showed up...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 3:04 PM
Thank you, they're great!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiru
As a Devon native, thanks so much for representing our glorious scone! BUT. The traditional Devonshire method is to spread the cream on first, THEN add the jam on top - this isn't Cornwall! I'll let you off this time, though :D

Ha - as an Aussie, cream on top's the way we have them as well, I wasn't even aware cream on the bottom was a thing until Rick Stein or someone mentioned it. But a lot of Cornish miners and the like came out here in the mid 1800s, so it makes sense!