Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Long-Term Relationship Building

by Wiggler Posted 18th Feb 2019 at 7:48 PM - Updated 25th Jan 2020 at 10:17 PM by Wiggler : Notice about lack of future support.

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 9:54 PM
I loved it, crazy to test.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 12:26 AM
already have mod making building relations slower but thx for making new version
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:55 PM
perfect! I was mulling over making a mod like this myself, but you know... time and all that is hard to come by. Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 3:07 AM
Thank you so much for making this! I play with the three mods described in your post and ran into the same issues. I've sorely needed this mod!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 4:01 AM
Love it! I have been finding a mod stop reducing relationship points rapidly! Would you consider making a alternative version with slower yet not that slow relationship change? Like one suitable for normal lifespan? (Or just slightly faster than the original one is appreciated.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Love it! I have been finding a mod stop reducing relationship points rapidly! Would you consider making a alternative version with slower yet not that slow relationship change? Like one suitable for normal lifespan? (Or just slightly faster than the original one is appreciated.)

Thanks! Yeah, I could make a version that's less extreme-- maybe closer to the original Slower Relationship Progression mod. I'll try to get it done within the next few days (no guarantees though).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 4:32 AM
I finally got around to trying this mod. At first I was really skeptical and felt it would be much to severe. However, after a good testing I think you've got the settings correct. Relationships really start off slow but pick up the pace once you get to know the NPC. Your settings just feel more real than vanilla. Even the other "slower relationship" mod that no longer works didn't feel as real as your settings.

The only possible issue is that while flirting and romancing, I sometimes saw red negative icons on the screen that seemed kinda random and left me not knowing why that happened. I may have not been paying close enough attention. If I can find a concrete example I'll let you know. Otherwise, for me this mod feels just about perfect in how it slows the friendship/romance growth.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nt95
I finally got around to trying this mod. At first I was really skeptical and felt it would be much to severe. However, after a good testing I think you've got the settings correct. Relationships really start off slow but pick up the pace once you get to know the NPC. Your settings just feel more real than vanilla. Even the other "slower relationship" mod that no longer works didn't feel as real as your settings.

The only possible issue is that while flirting and romancing, I sometimes saw red negative icons on the screen that seemed kinda random and left me not knowing why that happened. I may have not been paying close enough attention. If I can find a concrete example I'll let you know. Otherwise, for me this mod feels just about perfect in how it slows the friendship/romance growth.

Hey, thanks for the kind words!
As for the random relationship loss icons, I have experienced to some extent as well. The only explanation that I could come up with is maybe a failed interaction with the delayed relationship icons (due to simulation lag maybe?). I'll still keep an eye out though in case it's somehow my fault, but I don't think that it is.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wiggler
Thanks! Yeah, I could make a version that's less extreme-- maybe closer to the original Slower Relationship Progression mod. I'll try to get it done within the next few days (no guarantees though).

Thanks! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nt95

That's great, dude! Can you make it tweekable? So everybody could set the gain and loss individually?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 4:52 AM
@wiggler Whenever my sims make "oba-oba" red icons rise and their relationship plummets completely. Maybe it's caused by the mod?
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 7:28 PM
Hi, I want to use this mod with KS - Slice of Life Remake. Are they compatible? The conflict detector mod shows the conflict.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by texsss
Hi, I want to use this mod with KS - Slice of Life Remake. Are they compatible? The conflict detector mod shows the conflict.

It looks like the SoL file "Preference Relationship Building" pretty much nullifies any effect this mod would have. I chose to remove that specific SoL file since even once my sim's preferences were chosen relationships were built way too fast.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 12:52 AM
Thank you for this wonderful mod! Makes my game much more realistic <3
Something I explored (and I dont know if its intended or not) is that actions like "talk about nature" from the love outdoors trait and "talk about favourite author" from the bookworm trait are gaining too much boost on relationship bar compared to other "trait-related" actions like the ones from foodie or geek for example which feel more "naturally" /how they should work with this mod installed. Is this intended or caused by my game only?
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th May 2019 at 9:50 PM Last edited by teaRichard : 27th May 2019 at 11:22 PM.
I do not know why, but this mod has slowed the growth of romance so much that its scale has ceased to appear at all.
------------------------
I read the warning and decided to check the level of romance with a code. Strange, but I got 0 points
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 2:38 PM
How would you go about removing the SoL File Preference Relationship Building so this mod is compatibly with KL Slice Of Life mod?
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teaRichard
I do not know why, but this mod has slowed the growth of romance so much that its scale has ceased to appear at all.
------------------------
I read the warning and decided to check the level of romance with a code. Strange, but I got 0 points

I can confirm romance growth is completely bugged currently. Seemingly, you should download the separate one and only install the friendship modifiers.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarolina
I can confirm romance growth is completely bugged currently. Seemingly, you should download the separate one and only install the friendship modifiers.

Thank you very much! It really works. I did not notice the separate version before. When I installed the files separately, it all worked. You really helped me out a lot!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 6:19 PM
I've been waiting for this loooooooooooooooooooong time! Thank you and thank you for keeping this wonderful mod updated <3 !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 10:14 PM
Hey, glad to see some people are still using this.

For anybody wondering, I have no idea about its compatibility with later Sims 4 updates or other mods, as I don't play TS4 anymore. However, I believe in open modding so if anybody doesn't like the values I used in this mod or wants to try to make it compatible with other mods / update it for later game versions, by all means go ahead!
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 3:01 PM Last edited by ibdemented : 1st Feb 2020 at 2:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wiggler
Hey, glad to see some people are still using this.

For anybody wondering, I have no idea about its compatibility with later Sims 4 updates or other mods, as I don't play TS4 anymore. However, I believe in open modding so if anybody doesn't like the values I used in this mod or wants to try to make it compatible with other mods / update it for later game versions, by all means go ahead!

Another modder has taken up the torch for this mod.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/33592238
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ibdemented
Another modder has taken up the torch for this mod.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/33592238

Does this patreon Version work with the october patch?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 7:05 PM
Is this still working?