Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 274 times.
Trainee Modertater
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 6:09 PM
Default Little blue beach cottage, need final opinions!
This one I actually will upload and not forget about! (though the only reason why the last two lots I've posted in here didn't, was because of glitchy neighbourhoods}

Anyway, I'd like some opinions on this sweet little beach cottage. It's got one bedroom and 1 bathroom, split into a toilet and sink downstairs and a shower room upstairs. It's on a 1x1 lot and is a more or less fully furnished starter, complete with alarms, telephone, mirror, bookcase and lighting.

Front:

Back:

Floorplans:

Indoor shots:

All suggestions welcome :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 9:20 PM
It's a pretty little house. The back could perhaps use more plants, but of course there's considerations of clipping with the walls and accessing for tending, and nobody wants to spend their vacation doing yardwork.
I always want curtains in finished houses, myself. For a beach house, probably blinds. You certainly want them in the shower room.
A bookcase is blocking a window. Either change the window, or rearrange the furniture. I suggest putting the couch in the bay window and the TV in the middle of the floor, or vice versa (another reason to want blinds, to prevent glare from the window), and shifting the bookcase over one.
Or, you could take out the TV, have the couch in the bay window, and put an aquarium, bird cage, or coffee table in the middle of the floor. That would look more vacationy.
Since you're using the mini-fridge, why not put a counter on top of it? Then you could have a juicer or an espresso machine in the kitchen.
Vacation hoods are burglar free, the Unsavory Charlatan having run off all his competition, so you can save a little money by not having a burglar alarm.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Modertater
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 10:54 PM
Peni, thank you. It's not intended per say to be a vacation hood lot, so furnishing like blinds is missed out to get the lot price under 20,000. It's very close to that now at 19,784! I did add a few to minor windows though, and rearranged the furniture slightly so that the bookcase could be away from the window. I also, on the suggestion of someone on Discord, extended the brick to the lower floor too.