Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 270 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 5:29 AM
Default tutorial on how to add career events to custom careers
looking to add custom career events to my custom careers- but i cannot find any info on this at all. is it even possible. can someone explain how to do this. is it possible to do it using the files provided when you export your career on neias career creator

https://discord.gg/THARpZp my new discord for my career mods.
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 4:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunechan'w'
looking to add custom career events to my custom careers- but i cannot find any info on this at all. is it even possible. can someone explain how to do this. is it possible to do it using the files provided when you export your career on neias career creator


Hello!

I believe you're asking about Chance Cards. They can be altered, but there is no tutorial yet, that I know of. It is quite involved, but it can be done with patience and perseverance. Once your career is exported and you've gone through the process of creating your career.package, you would then need to open it in either s4pe or Sims4Studio, and alter the XML related to chance cards. You can do a search in S4S for "chancecard" (without the quotes) using the Extract Tuning function in the Tools tab at the top left, and all the relevant files will come up, depending on what packs you own.

I can't say which of these needs to be altered because I haven't delved too far into it myself, but this will get you started!

Best of luck!

Simmiller
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
14th Apr 2019 at 6:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Kitsunechan'w'.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 6:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmiller
Hello!

I believe you're asking about Chance Cards. They can be altered, but there is no tutorial yet, that I know of. It is quite involved, but it can be done with patience and perseverance. Once your career is exported and you've gone through the process of creating your career.package, you would then need to open it in either s4pe or Sims4Studio, and alter the XML related to chance cards. You can do a search in S4S for "chancecard" (without the quotes) using the Extract Tuning function in the Tools tab at the top left, and all the relevant files will come up, depending on what packs you own.

I can't say which of these needs to be altered because I haven't delved too far into it myself, but this will get you started!

Best of luck!

Simmiller

yes i see where to do it. now the question lingers what do i type in there. and how do i type it show up in game correctly lol

https://discord.gg/THARpZp my new discord for my career mods.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 9:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunechan'w'
yes i see where to do it. now the question lingers what do i type in there. and how do i type it show up in game correctly lol


This is where it gets involved. The number associated with each chance card can be looked up in S4S as well, then to change them you add them to your .package, export and type in whatever you want, then replace the originals with your new versions in the .package. The thing to remember is to make sure the new instance id for each one replaces each one in the associated chance card xml file.

There's a lot of referencing back and forth between the many XML files!

That's about as far as I've looked into it. There may be more involved, but the creators who've successfully made chance cards (there are 2 that I know of) are not super forthcoming with their methods, probably simply because they're busy because they seem like nice people, or they're just not into writing tutorials.

Here's one you can muddle through if you want, and see how they've worked it out: BrittPinkieSims Fashion Career Mod

There's no real easy way, but it's mostly time consuming with the tools we have at the moment.
Back to top