Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 11:23 AM
Default Custom loading screens
I have been working on altering the loading screens for Sims 2. I cannot edit the centre part of the main splash menu for the loading, is it possible to transfer the loading menu with the bar on a custom background? The hood background will not go full screen.

Thank you in advice for any help

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 3:09 AM
The centre image in the loading screen is a movie which doesn't look good with any custom background. I don't think we can't change it and I have really tried to but if we remove it the game runs fine without it.
That and the background image display while the game is loading everything else so changes can't work from the downloads folder, you would have to make changes to core game files. In the first image below the loading movie is removed so without the movie to contain it the scrolling text runs along the bottom of the screen.
For the second image we have to edit a couple of UI Data files to define the top, left and size of the image for full screen so that would need to be whatever your screen size is.
If you are willing to backup and edit a couple of your core game files I can advise and lead you through it.

When I was experimenting with this I saved the altered files so I could easily put them back, which I did for these screen shots but what I did discover is just what a good, professional job Maxis did of the loading screens and came to the conclusion that the default loading screens look better than anything I came up with.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:03 AM
I see, shame we cant the center but how did you get the background of the neighborhood select to be full screen, mine just refuses to do so

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:13 PM
From your highest EP/SP (Mansion & Garden according to the scrolling text in your image) \TSData\Res\UI\ui.package extract the UI Data with the instance value of 0x49001017
Open the extracted file with notepad (never edit them with SimPE as it messes up all of the carriage returns).
A couple of lines down you'll see a line that begins "<LEGACY clsid=GZWinBMP iid=IGZWinBMP id=0x0da36c7d area=(0,0,1044,788) fillcolor=".
The "area=(0,0,1044,788)" defines the size and location of the image, just change the "1044,788" to suit the size of your image, save and import it into a package, preferably the same one with your image because if you have the modified UI Data installed then the image must also be.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:16 PM
Thank you so much Chris

Nocturnal Dawn