Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 11:53 AM
Default Fish Out Of Water (One Generation) Challenge
Getting Started:
  • Make a CAS Mersim, gender irrelevant.
  • Move them into a completely empty lot, then zero out their money.
  • Make sure the lot has the 'off the grid' trait.

The Rules
  • Sim cannot get a job until they have made one human friend. If the friend they make turns out to be a Mersim, they do not count.
  • They cannot leave their home neighborhood without the company of that Sim.
  • The 'off the grid' trait cannot be removed until the main Sim has reached the top of their career.
  • The Sim cannot change aspirations until they've completed the first one.
  • The Sim cannot get married or move another Sim into the lot until they have water and power to their lot.
  • Usual rules apply about mods/cheats. Don't use something just for the sake of making life easier, but quality-of-life and bugfixes are fine.
  • You may use a Potion of Youth ONCE per life-state. Merfolk have magic the likes of which we don't comprehend.

Scoring: Totaled at Sim-death
  • Every aspiration achieved: 5 pts.
  • Every career maxed by Mersim: 5 pts
  • Each kid: 5 pts
  • Money per $5k: 3pts
  • Got married: 5pts each
  • Each toddler bonus trait achieved: 5pts
  • Each child bonus trait achieved: 5pts
  • Each Fame level at time of death: 3pts
  • Each character value maxed: 5pts

Bonus Difficulty
  • Sim's personality is randomized until 'Child of the Ocean appears': +5
  • Remove all human holidays from the calendar (Seasons only): +1
  • Live in unmodified Sulani (no gym/library/museum/etc) for entire playthrough: +5

This is, of course, in development. Give me your feedback! Are the point values weighted too heavily/not heavily enough in certain directions? Are there additional difficulty modifiers I could be adding?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 7:23 AM
Planning to do this, but I have a couple questions- does going to your job count as leaving your neighborhood (I'm guessing no, or possibly yes but only for active careers), and for the "live in unmodified Sulani" bonus are you allowed to leave Sulani temporarily (as some aspirations require going to specific locations)?