Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2005 at 2:34 PM
Default Help Needed: Using Change material on a recolourable item
I've created an item that uses change material in a bhav that is called from a pie menu. The pie menu allows the item to switch between two textures. Each texture has a different area that is transparent, basically to hide/reveal sections. This works, BUT when I recolour the item, and then change material, the item APPEARS with the default texture. The item and sims thinks it's showing the correct recolour choice though. If I save and exit to neighborhood and then go back in to that lot, the object shows the correct recolour. Basically it looks like when the change material happens it doesn't redraw with the correct texture. Does anybody know away around this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th May 2005 at 9:45 PM
I'm not sure get what you mean exactly, without any screen shot or your package file...
Any way, not every object do handle animation MMAT, it depends on BEHV I guess. For instance, you can using MMATs recolor a counter in both "top" and "finish" subsets, and both "clean" and "dirty" animation, but it is not work with the lamp's "blub" with "lit" and "unlit"...

Welcome to SunairSims

Recommended browser for the sims2 section of my site: IE (came with Windows XP), AOL 9.0 Optimized SE, last version of FireFox vs Flash and SunJava plugin.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 11:10 AM
I know what you mean, I get the same problem Did you ever find a solution?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 8:49 PM
No I decided to approach it a different way and never went back to see if I could get it to work.