Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:02 PM
Changing the color of in game familiars
I'm quite a greenhorn modder so go easy on me here haha.

I loved the fact we could have a bunny as a familiar and it's absolutely adorable. But I do have one small issue with it. It's not that I particularly hate the colors it was given but I'm more of a bright color girl and not goth or dark colors like what it was given (Black and Red). My goal is recoloring/overriding it to be Pink for the fur and Blue for the wings and eyes.
So far I've been able to do most of that... but with one hiccup. It still has a red aura around it's eyes and wings and I have no idea how to change that. Been looking at the file for it and I just can't see how to change it at all. It's probably looking at me dead in the face but I'm too inexperienced to see it.

I've attached a picture of my progress. Hopefully you guys will be able to see what I mean. (hopefully it's been uploaded correctly)

Also if anyone knows how to change the image or if you even can of the icon for it when summoning that would be awesome.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 9:15 AM
Hey, I'm new on this site, but I hope I can help you. The icon's code you are looking for is 00B2D882-00000000-6B691926D9FBB637. I think if you add an icon to your mod and give it the number above, the game would use it instead of the original one. Hope it works.

I don't know how to add new familiars though, I just figured out a way to make a mod that overrides the originals.

Also, that bunny is adorable!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 11:06 AM Last edited by Bunny8093 : 23rd Sep 2019 at 12:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by coblinking
Hey, I'm new on this site, but I hope I can help you. The icon's code you are looking for is 00B2D882-00000000-6B691926D9FBB637. I think if you add an icon to your mod and give it the number above, the game would use it instead of the original one. Hope it works.

I don't know how to add new familiars though, I just figured out a way to make a mod that overrides the originals.

Also, that bunny is adorable!

EDIT: Okay NOW I know what it's for. You've solved my menu icon issue I think... now it's a matter of finding the original and recoloring it XD.
EDIT2: And GOT IT. Even figured out why it was giving errors. So that's fixed... now I just need to fix my main problem. That darn red aura. Really wanna make that glow blue.

Thank you!

So you do this in warehouse tab right? And this is supposed to fix the red glow it has?

I did try to add something to it using your code but... I have no idea what I'm doing and I got errors thrown at me haha.

And yeah I'm not expecting to make a whole new familiar just change an existing one some. Would be nice though if it were possible.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 4:47 PM Last edited by MAL22 : 30th Sep 2019 at 12:33 AM.
Hi Bunny8093! I am currently working on a script that will enable modders to add new, standalone, familiars to the game very easily. I just figured out yesterday how to remove/edit effects on the familiars and I will include it in my documentation. You can find me on the discord server for MCCC if you wish to keep posted on my progress or discuss with me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MAL22
Hi Bunny8093! I am currently working on a script that will enable modders to add new, standalone, familiars to the game very easily. I just figured out yesterday how to remove/edit effects on the familiars and I will include it in my documentation. You can find me on the discord server for MCCC if you wish to keep posted on my progress or discuss with me.

Ah I see! I just now found you I believe on Discord and I'm loving the progress you've made! I'm excited to see how this goes! We shall continue discussion on Discord I suppose

I do feel though that we should keep this thread open for the sake of others so they can learn how to do this too.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 6:34 PM
It's definitely possible to drop a link to the mod here once I release it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 10:24 AM
Hey Bunny! I love your recolor! How did you you do this? I would like to try it out .