Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 2:10 PM
Default Just curious about "separated" beds
I've seen several mods wherein the geometry for a bed's frame has been physically separated from its mattress/bedding. I'm not criticizing such mods one way or the other, I just don't understand the utility of it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 2:20 PM
I haven't seen it myself, I've heard about it, and it just sounds like LEGO. Put a few pieces together and you have a custom bed, no need for 50 different swatches. If you would have: 5 bed frame parts, 5 mattress parts, and 5 pillow/cover parts, that's 5 * 5 * 5 = 125 different combinations. Sounds pretty sweet.
And if what you're talking about is not what I'm talking about, my idea is doable and probably already has been done.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
I haven't seen it myself, I've heard about it, and it just sounds like LEGO. Put a few pieces together and you have a custom bed, no need for 50 different swatches. If you would have: 5 bed frame parts, 5 mattress parts, and 5 pillow/cover parts, that's 5 * 5 * 5 = 125 different combinations. Sounds pretty sweet.
And if what you're talking about is not what I'm talking about, my idea is doable and probably already has been done.

That pretty much answers it, thanks.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 8:44 PM
I've seen plenty of separated beds before.

I've heard that there's issues related to MOO (MoveObjects On) with them, though. Is this still the case?

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 9:40 PM
They are done to remove the limitations of only having certain bedding patterns available for specific beds.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu