Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 8:54 PM
Default Sims 3 mod issue
K im trying to make a mod in my game everything is fine from finding the resources and tuning itun file only part is actually puting the mod in the game i dont see it in there i followed the mts3 mod tuning tutorial but i still dont see it can someone help
I also have pictures of my mods folder to see where i went wrong please help tank u to whoever does
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 10:31 PM Last edited by Anitaka00 : 6th Dec 2019 at 9:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
K im trying to make a mod in my game everything is fine from finding the resources and tuning itun file only part is actually puting the mod in the game i dont see it in there i followed the mts3 mod tuning tutorial but i still dont see it can someone help
I also have pictures of my mods folder to see where i went wrong please help tank u to whoever does

Hey [email protected]

In your Sim3>Mods>Packages folder place only unzipped .package files.
No .rar or .zip, nor Sims3Packs.

Here is a picture of my Mods folder to show you what I mean. Hope it helps
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anitaka00
Hey [email protected]

In you Sim3>Mods>Packages folder place only unzipped .package files. No .rar or .zip, nor Sims3Packs.

Here is a picture of my Mods folder to show you what I mean. Hope it helps

Hi so i took the none packages out of that folder and the mod script says still not found im going to post a screen shot when i can get to it thanks 4 ur help
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 9:36 AM
Hi [email protected]!

Have you got multiple versions of your mod inside your mods folder? I can't tell properly but it looks like you might have? In which case you probably need to narrow that down to only the 'finished' package. The rest, like those tuning files starting with S3.... should really be in a work-in-progress folder outside the mods folder. Does that make sense?

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Hi [email protected]!

Have you got multiple versions of your mod inside your mods folder? I can't tell properly but it looks like you might have? In which case you probably need to narrow that down to only the 'finished' package. The rest, like those tuning files starting with S3.... should really be in a work-in-progress folder outside the mods folder. Does that make sense?
yeah im gonna try that and then try playing the game if it doesnt show ill post more screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 4:57 PM
Hi [email protected]!

K so i played it in game i did see changes as in children were able to listen to the lecture my sim gave. But the actual lecture option is not available to click for my child sim to attend
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 5:00 PM
K so i played it in game i did see changes as in children were able to listen to the lecture my sim gave. But the actual lecture option is not available to click for my child sim to attend

Did not show up for me to click my child sim just sits in the chair and doesnt give the option attend lecture which is what i edited in s3 pe
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 7:06 PM
Did not show up for me to click my child sim just sits in the chair and doesnt give the option attend lecture which is what i edited in s3 pe

I'm afraid you've got me there. I'm no good with modding beyond careers and basic tuning

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 7:36 PM
I'm afraid you've got me there. I'm no good with modding beyond careers and basic tuning

Awman thank for the help anyway
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#10 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 9:43 PM
If you upload your package file here, someone could take a closer look at it and see where something might have gone wrong
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
If you upload your package file here, someone could take a closer look at it and see where something might have gone wrong
this is the package file through sims3pe
Screenshots