Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 3:25 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 13th Oct 2022 at 11:44 AM.
Default GUID Database
The intent for this thread was for creators who have existing registered blocks to list them to let new creators know which blocks they had already reserved via the reserve blocks feature in SimPE. Randomly selecting blocks and listing them here is no guarantee that they don't conflict with older, registered blocks. So I'm locking this and highly suggest you randomly generate hex values instead. The odds of conflict with registered blocks is far less.

Quote:
If you do not have registered blocks from before the SimPE site went down, then the best way to generate new GUIDs is to use a random byte generator.

Random Hex Generator - generate 8 digits
Random Byte Generator - generate 4 bytes

How to use generated hex values as GUIDs

A place for creators to post the blocks of GUIDs they used, are using or intend to use.  This is listed in hexadecimal, contains 256 characters, and each GUID is 8 digits.  ie:  0x001E8300. For details about downloading SimPE, see The SimPE Preservation thread.

If you are a casual creator and do not expect the need for 256 GUIDs, then you could just use Random Byte Generator, or hashing via SimPe's Hash Generator.  The odds of a conflict are slim.

Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
...here's a great converter that you can toggle back and forth. So on my spread sheet I counted out my block of 256 GUIDs in decimal and then in the column next to it I log the hexadecimal value--makes it much easier to keep track for me and make sure I don't accidentally miscount and start reusing numbers. **see attached image
Any existing blocks, from any time, can be listed. Full, empty, in progress.

I've found the table feature in the forum to be a bit unwieldy, so I've moved the database to a Google Spreadsheet.

If you have registered GUIDs and are not in the spreadsheet and would like to be, then pm me.
GUID Database
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 10:54 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 1st Nov 2020 at 7:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you know what your first used GUID is (or thereabouts), you should be able to calculate 256 GUIDs.

For those who need a crash course in Hex for GUID blocks:

0x12345678

0x is the prefix, and these don't change. The bolded numbers (shown as 1 through 6 here) are the GUID block and should be the same for all 256 GUIDs in a block. The last two (7 and 8 here, just to show their position) are the changeable numbers. They'll be 00 through FF.

Examples:
0x12345600 (first)
0x1234564A (random in the middle)
0x123456B1 (random in the middle)
0x123456FF (last)

GUIDs are in Hex, which means there are 16 numbers, so you can think of it as all the decimal numbers from 0 to 9 first, then A to F, then the decimal numbers, then A to F, etc.

01 to 09, then 0A to 0F
10 to 19, then 1A to 1F
...[skipped 20 to 8F, they follow the same pattern]
90 to 99, then 9A to 9F
A0 to A9, then AA to AF
...[Skipped B0 to EF, they follow the same pattern]
F0 to F9, then FA to FF
And you're done with the GUID block.

The numbers do continue from 100-FFF all the way up to 10000000-FFFFFFFF but those aren't need-to-know for the GUID block. They do follow the same pattern, though. Ca be useful to know for other things.

EDIT: Added a handy notepad document with a full 00-FF GUID block that you can use to make a list of used GUIDs (with instructions on how to use).
Attached files:
File Type: txt  GUIDfullblock.txt (4.3 KB, 358 downloads)
Locked thread