Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 11:34 PM Last edited by MIKYA : 20th Apr 2020 at 1:13 AM.
Default PyCharm failed to decompile some game files?
Hey all, I'm very new to the world of modding, and I only just broke out of the basic Sims 4 Studio mod-making process and started branching out. I followed a tutorial from the S4S website about getting started with python scripting, but upon running the decompile_all just as directed, I noticed that while a majority of files appear to have been successfully decompiled, there are some that appear as failed in the log. These are the last few lines of the log to show what I mean:
Code:
EA\generated\protocolbuffers\Vehicles_pb2.pyc
EA\generated\protocolbuffers\Venue_pb2.pyc
FAILED to decompile EA\generated\protocolbuffers\VFX_pb2.pyc
FAILED to decompile EA\generated\protocolbuffers\WeatherSeasons_pb2.pyc
EA\generated\protocolbuffers\__init__.pyc

And lastly, the process finished with exit code 0.

The exit code 0 indicates that there were no errors as far as I know, but since I'm still not fully sure what I'm doing, I figured I'd ask if everything will still work correctly. If not, what should I do?

I've searched for this topic on both MTS and S4S, but found only one relevant post on S4S from someone asking for help with this issue who never received it. I have yet to find any solutions on Google either.

I apologize if I've made any mistakes, I'm still new to the language haha.

TIA.

EDIT: Got an answer. I no longer need any help with this particular problem.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th May 2020 at 2:43 PM
I'm having the same issue, I wonder how you fixed it?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 25th May 2020 at 12:17 PM
Here's all of the decompiled protobuffer files.  I used uncompyle6 for these.
Code:
for i in $( ls compiled/*_pb2.pyc | sed 's/.pyc//' | xargs ); do uncompyle6 $i.pyc > protocolbuffers/$i.py; done   
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  pb.7z (223.2 KB, 16 downloads)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2020 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Here's all of the decompiled protobuffer files.  I used uncompyle6 for these.
Code:
for i in $( ls compiled/*_pb2.pyc | sed 's/.pyc//' | xargs ); do uncompyle6 $i.pyc > protocolbuffers/$i.py; done   

Thanks so much! I really appreciate this