Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:49 PM
Default A male African American teen
Hi, I'm working on this guy (doesn't have a name yet). He's an African American teenager, and I need to know if I'm going in the right direction with his facial features. So far I've taken a look at quite a few reference pictures. Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th May 2020 at 12:19 AM
Right direction for what/whom? What look are you going for? Tiger Woods? Magic Johnson? ???

I have never seen a black person with blue eyes. That is very rare.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2020 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Right direction for what/whom? What look are you going for? Tiger Woods? Magic Johnson? ???

I have never seen a black person with blue eyes. That is very rare.

I'm not really going for any specific person, at the moment he has different features from different reference images.
(I'll change the eye colour too)
Screenshots
Scholar
#4 Old 14th May 2020 at 6:46 AM
I suggest widening/enlarging his nose and thickening the lips. And fiddle with the nose mass slider too.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2020 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
I suggest widening/enlarging his nose and thickening the lips. And fiddle with the nose mass slider too.

Thanks, here's the result.
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#6 Old 14th May 2020 at 4:35 PM
I think you have improved the width and general shape of the nose. The eye color change is also an improvement. The reference photos of black males you have shared show in some pics the mouth protruding past the nose as well as the bridge of the nose having a 45 degree angle-those would be the suggestions I would offer.
Scholar
#7 Old 14th May 2020 at 6:27 PM
Also, is the skin you're using make the eyelid fold appear less obvious? I don't know if it's just my eyes or that I'm just viewing from my phone, his eyes look more Asian than African to me. The more seeable eyelid fold may finally nail it, I think .

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2020 at 8:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I have modified the nose, lips, and eyes.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2020 at 11:53 PM
I like your second photos the best and only change I would make is make the nose less flat in profile.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2020 at 6:00 AM
I like your second photos the best and only change I would make is make the nose less flat in profile.

Thanks, here's the nose now
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:29 AM
??? It is still flat compared to almost everyone in real life. But this is your Sim and not supposed to be anyone in particular, so you can make this Sim however you want.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2020 at 9:10 PM
??? It is still flat compared to almost everyone in real life. But this is your Sim and not supposed to be anyone in particular, so you can make this Sim however you want.

Well, I increased the nose depth and length, it looked different in CAS but nothing really changed in live mode.
There's a subtle difference but that's it.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:49 AM
This is your Sim/creation and you should make him however you want to make him.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th May 2020 at 10:16 PM
This is your Sim/creation and you should make him however you want to make him.

I think at the moment he looks genuine while having enough uniqueness in his face.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th May 2020 at 12:29 PM
I really don't think you need to widen the nose at all.... or thicken the lips.... these things come in many different shapes and sizes... he is plenty black already....
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 5:28 PM
I think he looks like Dirk Dreamer from TS2 and I love him! Would love to download him, give him dark blue eyes and play him as Dirk in my Pleasantview save.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
I think he looks like Dirk Dreamer from TS2 and I love him! Would love to download him, give him dark blue eyes and play him as Dirk in my Pleasantview save.

He can be found here
If you want to do that then I recommend you download this hair
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
He can be found here
If you want to do that then I recommend you download this hair

Thank you!!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Hi, I'm working on this guy (doesn't have a name yet). He's an African American teenager, and I need to know if I'm going in the right direction with his facial features. So far I've taken a look at quite a few reference pictures. Thanks

African people, just like other ethnicities, vary in looks even within the same ethnicity. Not all Africans have big and/or wide noses, lips, etc.

In America, African Americans who were born and raised here are most likely multiethnic. In fact, I can relate to the character Miles Morales even more because I also have parents who are two different ethnicities and skin tones. My ancestors are also Native American which may be common for a lot of African Americans because of American history concerning both peoples.

Multiethnic Africans can look mixed, look African or look more like the other parent. They can have light or dark skin or anywhere in between depending on their parents DNA passed down. I knew a kid in school who claimed he was African despite looking Caucasian though he really is multiethnic. America usually has a weird thing about one parent being African and claiming all offspring as African too which isn't entirely accurate. All of us are unique from each other and created as such for a reason.

Previous Game: The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me (Survivors: Charlie, Kate, Mark and the dog/R.I.P: Erin and Jaime)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition