Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2020 at 10:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Houses keep changing to apartment lots
Hi there,

This is on a custom world I downloaded. Every time I load it, no matter how they were set before I saved, a specific group of residential lots will change into apartment lots.

First time it happened I just set them as houses again. Saved, opened it up the next day, apartment lots again. At first it was like maybe 3 lots I think, then at least one more (the one I liked the most) got changed too and it's now stayed with those 4 or 5. These are all lots that were already houses when I downloaded the world and I never changed them to something else. It happens every time I load the world, and it's lots that came with the world and lots that I downloaded and put in it too.

Here's what I've tried and didn't change a thing:

* Deleting cache files (I do it every other day more or less).
* Deleting the lot and placing it again.
* Saving it as apartment, loading the game, changing it to house, saving it, and loading again.
* Checked for apartment markers from buydebug. There are none, and if there are any that I didn't find, they were there before when this didn't happen. Also, other houses in the world have a few markers and don't get turned into apartment lots.
* I'd previously repackaged my NRaas mods into one file (Master Controller+Progression+Cheats, Story Progression, Traffic, Overwatch, and Error Trap), so I tried putting them again as single files again.

Things I haven't tried:

* Running the game without mods, because it loaded fine before and I had the same mods I have now. The only change was mentioned above.
* Opening the world as a new save (I'm hoping it doesn't get to that tbh, I've edited a ton of lots in it already and I don't know if copying them there won't carry the problem with them).
* Loading another already saved world to see if it happens there. I have technically loaded my other save, Isla Paradiso, but I didn't check if this had happened there. So I still count it as not trying it.
* Turning one of the lots into community lot, saving, loading, changing it to house, saving, loading again. It says some objects will disappear when I set community and I decided to avoid that if possible.

I'll add anything I remember to these lists if it comes up.

I haven't lived in the world yet. I've only edited lots but haven't lived in it with a family or anything.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2020 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
1) make sure roommate services is turned off
2) change the lot to "community" first then change it to residential

Hey, thanks again for helping me with my issues lol

I hadn't checked 1, so I'll check, and 2, do you know specifically which objects it will remove? I did get a prompt saying that some objects would be removed and I'd like to know beforehand to check where they are and stuff
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2020 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
https://www.modthesims.info/d/450059/builder-stuff.html

Beautiful, thanks :D