Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2020 at 9:58 PM
Default Help a CFE Novice
Hello MTS community.

I am a complete novice at using the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat but I think it is necessary to use for what I am trying to do.

I would like to create a 2-in-1 sort of building where two buildings are attached to each other but for separate use. So the building on the left will be an office, and the building on the right will be a restaurant. I would like the office building to have a flat frieze roof, and the restaurant to be two stories high with a mansard roof on the third.

When I enter the CFE true cheat, this happens.

What are the next steps for the frieze to stay foundation height and for the wall next to it to be normal height? As I said, I don't know how to use CFE so looking for baby steps here.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 22nd May 2020 at 12:32 AM
Hey there,
I'm not super experienced with CFE so there might be another way, but I think you might have to level the whole building so the second floor matches the height of the frieze. Then add a real second floor on the side you want, and add a roof to that.
So the restaurant will basically be 2 stories + little bit in the middle. You could then either do split levelling in the restaurant to have two sets of stairs, one going to the frieze floor level, and one going to the second storey level, or you could just have the second storey with talker walls.
Hope this helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2020 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Hey there,
I'm not super experienced with CFE so there might be another way, but I think you might have to level the whole building so the second floor matches the height of the frieze. Then add a real second floor on the side you want, and add a roof to that.
So the restaurant will basically be 2 stories + little bit in the middle. You could then either do split levelling in the restaurant to have two sets of stairs, one going to the frieze floor level, and one going to the second storey level, or you could just have the second storey with talker walls.
Hope this helps

That's an ingenious solution, thank you! I guess I was overthinking the whole thing; I probably won't even use the second floor anyway!
I feel kind of silly for over complicating things. Thanks for your reply! :P
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2020 at 9:17 PM

Thank you! I will take a look at these.