Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2020 at 12:04 AM
Default My First Upload EVER, Recommendations?
Hello MTS, I've been a HUGE fan for about 10 years now and finally got the courage to upload something
This is a reno of the Old Salt House (San Myshuno) and I'm doing my best to upload something of quality.
I've read the guidelines and have all the data required to build a post.. But I'm still not sure so that's why I'm coming here first.

The lot has custom content from, literally, the same creator (Harrie) and a shit ton of packs; I have all the sims packs.
But I don't think it impacts the design much since there's like an object or two from every pack (doors from Strangerville, a couple of Plants from Jungle Advanture, washer & dryer from Laundry Day, etc.) but most of the items are from Harrie's Stuff Packs.

I'll upload some pictures and the lot itself if anyone wants to play-test it, but it's already been playtested by the Fengs and their Butler (they have two daughters in my game, and I've built this lot for them to suit their "character").

Any tips, advice, or recommendations are welcome!

----

- Lot Size: 30x30

- Lot Price: 140,817 Simoleons

- Required Packs:
University
Island Living
Seasons
Cats & Dogs
City Living
Get Together
Strangerville
Jungle Adventure
Parenthood
Vampires
Spa Day
My First Pet Stuff
Laundry Day
Toddler Stuff
Vintage Glamour
Kids Room
Movie Hangout

- Required Custom Content:
The Bafroom Stuff Pack
The Kichen Stuff Pack
Quilted Dreams
Separated Picnic Table & Benches
The Heritage Collection - Part 1 & 2
https://harrie-cc.tumblr.com/tagged/my+cc
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 22nd May 2020 at 4:56 PM
I don't play sims 4 but I think this looks good but you will need a front view shot and an overall floorplan shot of each floor to see how the rooms fit in the house(some additional shots of the outside of house might be good also). The only other optional recommendation I would make is to change the colors of some items to contrast but fit overall theme so they can be seen better and do not blend into the background(example the all black bathroom/the small white bedroom).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2020 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I don't play sims 4 but I think this looks good but you will need a front view shot and an overall floorplan shot of each floor to see how the rooms fit in the house(some additional shots of the outside of house might be good also). The only other optional recommendation I would make is to change the colors of some items to contrast but fit overall theme so they can be seen better and do not blend into the background(example the all black bathroom/the small white bedroom).

Thank you for your feedback I'll work with those tips and probably upload this officially to the site soon!
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th May 2020 at 5:45 AM
These are just little things but I think it would help for the photos to be from higher of angle so that for example in the kitchen we aren't just looking at the counters. I might crop the overhead pictures for the rooms so that they just show the room your showing the overhead view of. I also agree that an overall floor plan shot and more angles of the outside house would be nice. The house looks great!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th May 2020 at 7:25 AM
I don't upload sims 4 but I have uploaded lots.

The important pictures are the front shot and over all floor plan of each level. Downloaders tend to like sim eye-level shots of the rooms more than overheads, but those are extra shots not the required shots. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Lots_and_Houses

With your front shot you want to move up and closer and more directly on. very large lots have to be taken from an angle but not small lots. That looks like your at dog eye level when you want to be at sim eye level or a bit higher but not way up in the air either. See all that extra stuff like the road and foot path,(sidewalk) you don't need that. People also like to see the back if there is anything there worth taking a shot of.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~