Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2020 at 9:17 PM Last edited by WaffleCone : 22nd May 2020 at 11:45 PM.
Default How Can I Create Default Replacement Hairs?
Hello everyone! beginner modder looking for some advice.

For the sims 2, there are a lot of creators who replace the base hair meshes with completely different meshes - one example of this is keoni-chan. With the Sims 3 looking pretty dated 10 years on, I've been wondering if it would be possible to do that in this game. I want to take some of the hairs from the basegame and have them be replaced by some of my favorite hairs that chazybazzy has retextured, so they will show up in CAS and on premade sims. I was wondering if there is any efficient way to do this, since the hairs are already set up with LODs and textures, if they could simply be converted to an override by changing some numbers around. I've tried to look into it but there are very limited resources on creating default replacements for sims 3.

My experience: I've created a couple mesh replacements, some custom contacts, poses, and an object in my time practicing. I have a ton of experience in blender and I have a general knowledge of s3pe, s3oc, and tsrw.

Thanks in advance!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd May 2020 at 8:18 PM
If I'm not missing anything, you should be able to do it just by cloning the hair you want to replace, copying the instance number of its CASP file, then pasting it to the custom hairs CASP.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2020 at 8:39 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd May 2020 at 9:03 PM
I've just tested it btw. It works but even tho I've cleared my cache, premade sims in bin and in lots show up with messed up hair textures, reselecting the hair in cas fixes it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2020 at 12:31 AM
My test worked too, thanks for letting me know about that issue btw! I was hoping to have it work straight out the box and it might still be useful this way, just more work in-game
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th May 2020 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slamyy
I've just tested it btw. It works but even tho I've cleared my cache, premade sims in bin and in lots show up with messed up hair textures, reselecting the hair in cas fixes it.

I am also planning to make default replacement hairs so if anyone has a solution for that I would be insterested