Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 11:36 PM
Default Employees only doors/More door control options
I'm looking for a mod that lets players control which sims can pass through certain doors. I'm specifically looking for a mod lock doors for anyone but employees on community lots... So that community lots can have "private quarters", so that locations can have a fridge behind the counter/bar, a kitchen or an office without customers take advantage; blocking up the bar, playing games on the office computers, make themselves dinner at a restaurant etc... Does any such mod exist, I can't find any?

I know both Sims 2 and Sims 4 have these kind of mods, I'm surprised Sims 3 does not, and never seems to have had... Seems like something more people would feel a bit frustrated about... Is Sims 3 really that different, when it comes to door possibilities?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 1:00 AM
NRaas GoHere comes with an extensive and almost infinitely customizable door locking feature set.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 3:34 PM
Thank you so much. I've tried it, and it seems to serve my intended purpose. Didn't have the allow employees only option, as far as I could tell, but I made a list of permitted sims... So unless the employees tend to change very often, then this is exactly what I wanted. Would never have found that due to its non-intuitive name...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Can't you use that in combination with the MC's caste system? create employee caste.

MasterController (MC) doesn't have a caste system. You are thinking of Story Progression (SP).

And no, GoHere uses/shares MC filters. I don't think this feature has evolved to the point where caste membership is going to work reliably yet. There are ways around that, but for most situations they become more work to manage than they are efficient.

As for the mod's name, this is a relatively new feature for us as it was in development and testing for years, then fully released in 2018. There was actually some discussion about creating a new mod for it. But our developer settled on adding it all to GoHere because that is the existing mod that deals with routing. Prior to this, there were other mods like Flyby's MoDoor series that had some of this functionality, but they weren't kept up to date during the years of patches and EP releases and are unfortunately considered obsolete now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 6:40 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I would have preferred to have simple standalone mod for this, instead of a really complex one like MC and its add-ons, but I already have MC for other reasons, so I'm pretty much satisfied when the outcome here... There is probably lots of features I haven't discovered with MC yet.

I'll see if I can get Story Progression to work and explore the caste system... But right now it seems to conflict with some other mod I'm using, don't know which yet. Couldn't start the game after adding SP, so I'll have to research that... I've been hesitant to add any of MC's add-ons, simply because I already think MC is way too complex

Really appreciate the help