Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

808 Budget Lane: Family Starter Home (under §20K)

by tkdjunkie Posted 15th Jun 2005 at 11:29 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2005 at 12:08 AM by tkdjunkie : Forgot to mention that the house is EP ready :P

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 11:31 PM
Hi,
Looks nice, thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 11:58 PM
I love these. Most starter homes are just boxes.
These are all so different.
Thank you !
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:02 AM
is it EP ok?
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheerleader_diva
is it EP ok?

Yup! I forgot to mention that it was made with University. But it should still work for people without the EP.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:21 AM
I don't have the EP, and when I try and move someone in it costs over 1 billion simoleons. There's no way I'm going to motherlode for that long.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Latyon
I don't have the EP, and when I try and move someone in it costs over 1 billion simoleons. There's no way I'm going to motherlode for that long.

That's a known issue with some houses made with Uni. Just enter the house from the neighborhood screen (without moving a family in), save the game, then exit back to the neighborhood. The price will be reset.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

Blog
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 1:21 AM
Thanks, I'll try that.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 1:34 AM
i love the stairs. Thank You!
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:24 AM
How do you do those kinds of stairs?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 6:18 AM
This one looks great also. Thank you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 8:09 AM
So much better than the usual starters. Lovely
Scholar
#13 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 8:16 AM
This house looks awesome, I just love your Budget Lane homes. Thank you for making and sharing your houses with us.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:16 PM
WOW! Looks like a loft! Very nice starter home.

Like someone said, starter homes are usually like a boring box. Low budget doesn't mean lack of creativity.
#15 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:54 PM
Wow, this is really awesome for a starter house! I love your Budget Lane houses, thanks so much.
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 6:05 PM
This is Awsome. madmravyn: Check out mikeinsides tutes. They will tell you how. Great house anyway.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 4:02 AM
how can there be 1.5 bathrooms??*confused* but other than that I love it! *downloading*
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:30 AM
1/2 means no tub!
Scholar
#19 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 5:13 PM
This is the best yet! Love the open stairway and the loft!

Thank you (yet) again! :clap:
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 4:21 AM
i really enjoy all of your homes except one kept making my game crash i think it was number 5 not sure though
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauceman11
i really enjoy all of your homes except one kept making my game crash i think it was number 5 not sure though

Thanks -- I'm glad you like what I made But I'm sorry about number 5. It caused crashes for alot of people who don't have the EP, but it is fixed now. There's a new version of it that is compatible for gamers who don't have University. One gamer replied back in the thread and confirmed that it is working for him now.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=67531

Blog
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 7:40 PM
I love all your budget home!
I have all of them
#23 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 10:39 PM
how did you do those amazing stairs...is there any chance you coud make this in to a zip nor rar...i dont have rar thingy
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 2:53 AM
YES!

To the split level stairs that look so awesome, and that I still can't seem to master! :thumb:

This looks great.

Suzanne

Vista is a problem that needs a solution -- preferably one with a pH of 0.
#25 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 8:31 PM
WOW!!! This house is just awesome!! I LOVE the open-plan stairs
Page 1 of 2