Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Cauldron

by Lethe_s Posted 26th Jun 2005 at 10:20 PM - Updated 23rd May 2006 at 4:44 PM by Lethe_s : forgot to mention stuff

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Firestarter
#2 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 10:27 PM
I love it! I wish we could get it to smoke. I can't do effects right now. You might want to study the resurrection machine and how the smoke works with that. This is something I'd like to hack, if I ever get the time. It's beautiful :D
#3 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 10:31 PM
what does it do??
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 10:31 PM
Absolutely great!! You are genius Lethe!! ) Thanks a lot for sharing!
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 10:32 PM
Carrigon,
I claim no credit for the animation that came with the object I cloned it from, animation scares me

Killerbee,
it doesn't do anything it just sits there, being pretty
like most decorative objects, your sims can 'view' it
Firestarter
#6 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 10:38 PM
I'll probably do something with it, but I can't guarantee I can get any effects to happen. I can get a sim to walk to it and do an animation with a sound, but as far as making smoke or something really kewl, probably not. The effects operands need alot of studying right now. But I know what I'd like to do with this. I'll see what I can do. I might give this one extra time, so I can do more with it :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 10:40 PM
I don't pretend to know anything about object making and all involved, but what if you cloned it from the resurrection machine?
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 10:46 PM
Carrigon, you can always use the animations from the podium and replace the podium with the cauldron, and then make it smoke and bubble a bit better, and then at the end of all that, all the skills and interests and personality things are A) reversed, B) put to max, C) Put to minimum (One tic for every catagory), or put at all random. You can also use the "clean up" option and use the trash and such laying around on the lot as cauldron ingredients, like from Makin' Magic.

I like this object alot. Obviously.

Asia
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 11:52 PM
Thank You
I was hoping someone would make one of these . I love fantasy objects. My witch sims will be very happy! I'll yet you know if there are any problems.

If only my life was as fun as my sims...

----------------------------------
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 12:39 AM
Looks great, Lethe-if Carrigon's impressed, I know it must be good. Now, if somebody could make a pentangle floor as good as the one that Obsidian at SimWitch had for TS1, we'd really be in business!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:13 AM
OH!! THank Yee!
Firestarter
#12 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:13 AM
I'm working on it. I've already set it up so a sim will walk to it and it will play the ghost sound, like when ghosts haunt your house. I have the sim doing a small dance move, but I might change it. I'm having trouble getting other animations to work with this. It seems that if an animation just has a- instead of a2a, the thing won't work. So those podium animations are out for now. That's why I went with a dance move. It also won't play fx sounds, just more of a music type effect. It's very picky. Expect me to release something toward the end of the week, if not sooner. I need to put spells into it.
Instructor
#13 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:32 AM
OOOOOO, looks fantastic. You should make it so people can sturr it around. and put stuff in it. You could be able to make potions, like from the medicine machine (the simsanto inc. biotech station). that would be awsome. yay for my bad ideas :P
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 5:26 AM
Oh this is just perfect for an old witch like me =) Thank you, lovely work as always Lethe =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 8:33 AM
Can't wait to see this with spells, or other actions involved into it!

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 9:13 AM
Is that a Professor Snape skin shown in the bottom pic? If so, where did you get it? :D
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 9:34 AM
Love it! This is going to go great with my other nifty witchy items you have made!!
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 10:03 AM
thanks for the compliments, guys,
I'm glad you like it

Johny, Snape lives here:: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ight=snape+skin :D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 11:59 AM
Lethe_s you rock! Now I can make my potions classroom
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:23 PM
this is so fantastic! thanks so much!
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 5:04 PM
Awesome! Perfect for my potions classroom. I've been looking for someone to make a cauldron for quite some time. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 5:29 PM
Thank you very much for this much needed item! I've been working on one myself, but don't have the method down yet... My hedgewitches and wizards thank you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 5:35 PM
Wah, thanks <3
Instructor
#24 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 10:28 PM
Woohoo!!
#25 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 7:55 AM
IT'S fantatic, I Love it,Thank You
Page 1 of 3