Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simsky's Multi Alarm (+ Burglar Scheduler)

by Dave Luv Posted 22nd Aug 2005 at 1:59 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 6:09 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 2:10 PM
Great, thanks i love it
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 2:55 PM
Wonderful! What a great idea!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 3:53 PM
Yipeee at last a bulgar and fire alarm and to make it better you dont need it in every room with a cooker or fire place of outside door

thanks so much :bump:

If by any chance you wish to use any recolour I have produced in something you are going to upload do feel free.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 9:13 PM
very cool.. is it recolorable with the CEP like the standard one?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 9:27 PM
Perfect for multi-apartment lots! Thanks Dave Luv.
I've got just the place to try it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 11:07 PM
Thanks to all for using my stuff

Corvistic: I guess recoloring with just using CEP will not work in this case, because I did some fixes in GMND of Multi Alarm. But you can try it and let me know There should be no problem when recoloring the Fire Detector item, which uses the same mesh like Multi Alarm and where I haven't changed the trees.
Inventor
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 11:29 PM
Great object, thanks. I just realised that I don't seem to get the burglar anymore in my game, guess I need to see if I have some sort of hack that I didn't know about.
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 11:56 PM
This multi alarm is incredible, I can't wait to try it out. Thank you for creating and sharing it with us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 12:48 AM
Thanks

roxxy: In many cases the burglar visits the lot only once even without using any hack - it depends on many things. The game checks if the actual date is „Burglar Day“, then if some conditions have been met - e.g. if there is nobody outside the house, if the Sims are sleeping etc. The burglar will also no more visit the room he was caught in ;o).

If you are interested, I can finish an item I created for testing Multi Alarm - I call it Burglar Scheduler. When placed on the lot, it makes the burglar coming immediately This item has no graphics at the moment, I could finish it tomorrow in the evening and upload it at Simsky on Wed.

Hehe, I have to get up in about 5 hours, time for me to go to bed
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 1:35 AM
Its not recolourable i tested it.. but its still cool.. thanks
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
Thanks

roxxy: In many cases the burglar visits the lot only once even without using any hack - it depends on many things. The game checks if the actual date is „Burglar Day“, then if some conditions have been met - e.g. if there is nobody outside the house, if the Sims are sleeping etc. The burglar will also no more visit the room he was caught in ;o).

If you are interested, I can finish an item I created for testing Multi Alarm - I call it Burglar Scheduler. When placed on the lot, it makes the burglar coming immediately This item has no graphics at the moment, I could finish it tomorrow in the evening and upload it at Simsky on Wed.

Hehe, I have to get up in about 5 hours, time for me to go to bed

That would be great if you could. Sounds like an awesome item.

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:51 PM
Hi there, I am back from my day off I spent with kids - I am sooooo tired ;o).

Corvistic: Thanks for checking the recolor stuff

Mojo: I will try to finish the Burglar Scheduler during this week - too tired for creating the graphics today

If somebody is interested in creating new items as joint projects (you would create meshes or at least textures for new items and I would do the programming of new interactions), just let me know.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 9:01 PM
Thats OK- Take your time. I don't need it right away.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 11:59 AM
We just released Burglar Scheduler at Simsky.parsimonious.org and at Simsky.wz.cz . We created this object primarily for Multi Alarm testing.

View this picture... and a burglar comes in a moment

Compatibility: EP Ready (works in all game versions).
This object does not require CEP.

Our items do not replace any game files.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 1:40 AM

oh, awesome job on this object... ...when i load up my game, i'll test it out and post if it works on my PC.

Those Who Run From The Darkness Are Those Who Are Swallowed By The Light. Those That Creep In The Shadows, Are The Darkness' Shape-shifters.

- imp

Twitter: @Hypnotikid
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 6:43 PM Last edited by Dave Luv : 24th Nov 2005 at 9:15 AM.
underworld_imp: Thanks I tested all the objects in base game version / University / US version / Europe version, so I don't expect any problems

A note to the future: If somebody could test our items in future EPs (Business+) or in Asia language versions of the game (Japanese etc.), just let me know.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 9:32 PM
I've been waiting for something ike this to come along, thanks alot

USEDRXATI ON THE SIMS 2: http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/my...user_id=1200633
If life Gives you lemons you should run a lemonade shop...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 8:50 AM Last edited by enchantedw0lf : 24th Sep 2005 at 9:04 AM.
Has anyone determined if this works in NightLife or not???

** Edit: okay, I went to the site and it says that this works with "all game versions". Is it safe to assume that means NL? There is not a specific meantion of NL. This could mean that it works with original and original plus Uni. Thanks in advance for the info!
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 7:18 PM
:wave:

Download the Custom Content Manager from Maxis found here The Sims 2 Content Manager. With that tool, it will let you know if the item is compatible with NL by showing up in blue. If the item aint compatible with NL, it shows up in red.

You also get the option to enable or disable an object you dloaded for the game.

I also think MTS2 has a similar program that determines objects that are compatible with NL, and one's that aint.

Dave this obj works in NL, I used it in my custom neighborhood... ...keep those hacks coming :thumb:

:wave:

Those Who Run From The Darkness Are Those Who Are Swallowed By The Light. Those That Creep In The Shadows, Are The Darkness' Shape-shifters.

- imp

Twitter: @Hypnotikid
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 10:22 PM Last edited by Dave Luv : 17th Oct 2005 at 4:03 PM.
enchantedw0lf: Yes, it works in Nightlife too. It is not a global hack, but a new item, so it cannot bring any problems to your game

underworld_imp: Many thanks for testing it in NL I still don't have this EP, but even without it I am just working on See Them 2.2

I expect my remaining hacked objects are compatible with Nightlife and future EPs too (because their bhav code does not use semiglobals). And I am sure in case of the Fireproof cooking mod, because it was already tested in all games.

My other stuff? Final version of See Them 2.2.1 has been just finished - cheat activator / censorship remover for all game versions (including Nightlife - with that Quaxi's mod as a plugin ).

Dave
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 3:42 PM
Thanks a million............

CESTMOI
...................FANFAN

http://teamfriends.jexiste.fr/portal.php
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 5:41 AM
Cool wall spacesaver! Thanks!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:10 AM
awesome object. really helps. ty :bandit:

i did do the paperwork, i just forgot to write it out.
what is it that make people think animals are insignificant. just cos they havnt built weapons to kill thier own kind with doesnt mean they dont feel!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:14 AM
Great job, thanks!
Page 1 of 2