Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 16040 times. | Locked by: bairy Reason: answered
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 1:17 AM
Default "A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file....
TSData\Res\Sound\SFxK2.package."
"Do you want to retry to copy the file,or cancell the installation?"

This is with Night Life while installing.
This happen earlier,so I uninstalled ALL the games (I made a back up of everything),then reinstalled all,and that's the pop up message I got.

Should I just copy it from the disk,and place it in the file?
I looked in this file and there's one already in there.

Suggestions or help?

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! "
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 4:08 AM
We had this problem when we were installing, and I wrote it up to bad installation media; that is, I think the CDs were damaged prior to us getting them. I took the game back to Gamestop, where we purchased it, got them to replace it with a different copy, and it installed no problem.

I would suggest trying to explore the directories on the CD using Explorer, and if you note that your computer has a seriously hard time doing that -- you know, there are slow downs, it doesn't seem to read all the files on the disk, etc -- that you should take it back.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 9:42 AM
darkrush is right. I have to replace my nightlife tomorrow because of the same thing. I did everything even a complete reinstall. I tried to manually install it and that didn't work and apparently the second disk is damaged because it couldn't access some of its own files!
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 1:11 AM
don't forget to make sure both the disc and the cd-rom drive are clean... if you have had any problems what so ever with the drive, try cleaning it... also make sure there isn't any thing on the disc. I know this sounds like some of the basics for a lot of us that spend a lot of time doing stuff on our computers... but it can make a difference. If you don't have a good cd cleaning disc, goto a music store or Radio Shack might have one... etc... worth having just incase... can save a trip back to the store if it turns out to be that...

Just saying that being I got my Night Life disc in the mail last week and didn't have any problems of any kind... yes it is possible they had some discs that were bad, but 9 times out of 10 the discs are usually ok...

just adding my 2*(inflation)=cents to the topic... thanks...
Banned
#5 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 1:29 PM

Section jump