Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Driveway & Extensions

by roddyaleixo Posted 19th Sep 2005 at 9:58 AM - Updated 10th May 2006 at 4:19 AM by roddyaleixo

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 233 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 11
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 10:04 AM
Going to test this out now.. Thank you for this. I was actually hoping for something like this!
#3 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 10:39 AM
Sweet deal, nice job :D

Thanks!
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 1:56 PM
Superfantastic!

Just what we all need,
Thanks!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 4:06 PM
WOW! Thank you so much! I actually requested this on the sims bbs!
Perfect, brilliant, thanks!!

One question though, how do you recolour things for nightlife, as SimPE doesn't work with it yet?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 4:53 PM
SimPE has been updated within the last day.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 7:02 PM
Wonderful! Thank you very much. :D

Melissa
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 7:39 PM
wow,thanx so much,Happy Siming.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 10:13 PM
Thank you for this wonderful mod..I just love it!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 10:46 PM
This will come in very handy. I haven't made many driveways yet, but already I am fed-up of the unbelievably limited choices (ditto the garages). Those concrete ones are hideous, but I've had to use them for my white houses. I did try putting tiles on top, but it didn't work. Never thought of invisible driveways! Makes you wonder why Maxis didn't just provide those in the first place and leave it to the players to choose their own surfaces.

Incidentally, what exactly is the "locktiles" cheat for and how does it relate to this object? Is it something we need to type in before we place the tiles or what?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 2:02 AM
wow, so cool, thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 2:13 AM
Thanks for this, definitely, but I'm also curious about this "locktile" cheat. I've not heard of it.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 2:30 AM
Thanks so much for this. did some research on the locktile cheat. Turning this to off will make it so you can place tiles outside of your lot....as in - cover the sidewalk and grass trim. I believe you could even place them on the road.

I've gone out in search of myself.
If I should return before I get back,
please keep me here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 4:35 AM
that is exactly what it is Orlando, thanks for describing it I will put up the explanation on the first post so that everyone can read... I was in a hurry to upload this yesterday and that is why there's not much info there...

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 5:00 AM
Thank you sooo much!! This was my BIGGEST gripe with this expansion. Now I can make REAL driveways.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 12:20 PM
i am so glad for you, this is exactly what i woz after. DOWNLOADING NOW
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 12:23 PM
"moveobjects on" does the same thing to, but you cant place the drive way while its on
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 12:23 PM
"moveobjects on" does the same thing to, but you cant place the drive way while its on
but it also lets you move almost any object
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 12:25 PM
I Have Nightlife Yeah!!
but it also lets you move almost any object too!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 3:52 AM
Wow! The modders here are fantastic. Used the invisible driveway last night and it worked perfectly. Thank you Rodrigo for the mod. And thanks Inge for the info on SimPE. Going over to the site now to upgrade my version.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 7:13 AM
Thanks SO much! Just what I've been looking for. A stealth driveway! Makes altering my Pre-EP2 houses a little less painful!

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 7:20 PM Last edited by roddyaleixo : 22nd Sep 2005 at 5:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JOSH
but it also lets you move almost any object too!

No, "move_objects on" is a much more dangerous cheat, and it has not the same purposes as the cheat i mentioned... boolprop locktiles is a cheat that allows you to place floor tiles on the street, just that... it doesnt risk you to mess up your family allowing you to delete important objects...

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 1:18 AM
This is a great mod, roddyaleixo! You should advertise it as one of the must-have custom objects for Nightlife.

I have one suggestion... Is it be possible to make the invisible driveway work with the moveobjects code active? This would allow builders to place driveways with more creativity. For instance, I would like to have my driveway go through a 3-tile wide door arch (like the one that comes with the Uni XP) but the current implementation doesn't allow for this. Once again, thanks for a great mod.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 9:53 AM
The Boolprop locktiles cheat doesn't work for me. What should I do exactly. I use boolprop a lot so am familiar with the terms.
Instructor
#25 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:04 AM
Great idea, thank you for making this!
Page 1 of 11