Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 42
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 2:47 AM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Apr 2008 at 12:21 AM.
Default Licence Agreement and Disclaimer
DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and LIMITATION OF USE

The CEP (Color Enable Package) is FREEWARE. You can't sell it in any way, nor alone, nor included in packages and archives. If you have paid for it, please report to [email protected]

The CEP files, the CEP installer and the CEP documentation (or part of them) can be hosted only on ModTheSims2; any other site willing to offer the CEP to their users must link to this very thread: http://cep.modthesims2.com .
SimPE site was granted a special permission to host the CEP files and installer, but it *can't be linked from other sites*.
All the sites that currently host (legally or illegally) *any* version of the CEP are requested to remove them immediately, and post a link to this very thread at ModTheSims2.
If you have downloaded the CEP from any other site that ModTheSims2 or SimPE site, please report to [email protected].

Recolour packages created for CEP objects can be posted on any site (including paysites); in any case, the creator must advertise *each* download as a "CEP Recolour" and add a *link* to this thread; you can also use an official CEP icon, containing a link to this CEP page. Alternatively, the provided link can point to a local CEP Info Page that must contain a link to this thread. Credits for each download are optional if there is a local CEP Info Page that contains proper credits to Numenor, RGiles and Quaxi.

Objects created by cloning CEP objects can be posted on any site (including paysites); No link to this thread, nor credits are required, though they would be greatly appreciated.

The Official CEP icons can be freely used and reposted anywhere.

----------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT
Since v. 1.0, the CEP contains copyright lines, stating that the CEP files have been created by RGiles and myself.
When a creator recolours or clones a CEP object, some files (namely, Material Overrides and Geometry Nodes, and occasionally other files) are copied from the CEP to the recolour or clone package; as a result, the new packages will contain some files created and copyrighted by RGiles and/or me.
Therefore, BE WARNED that every recolour or clone you create using the CEP will contain one or more files created and copyrighted by us.
If having in your packages files created by other users (and copyrighted by them) is a problem for you, please don't use the CEP.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Numenor : 11th Oct 2008 at 11:37 PM.
Default CEP Frequently Asked Questions
F.A.Q. - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is the CEP? What's its purpose?
The CEP enables colour options for many objects that Maxis shipped in only one colour (e.g. the potty chair, the exercise machines, the photo boot); the CEP also enables colour options for a second part of the object, when Maxis offered only one recolourable part (e.g. the books of the bookcases, the ampli for the guitar, the marble base and the exterior of the coffin). Once installed the CEP, you'll be able to create additional recolours for those objects, and use recolours created by other users.
THE CEP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLOTHINGS, SKINS, HAIR,
ACCESSORIES AND SUCH. IT AFFECTS ONLY *MAXIS OBJECTS*

I can't download the CEP! The archive is corrupted! It asks for a password! The EXE doesn't work!
The file servers are very busy, and probably your download has been interrupted before completion. REDOWNLOAD THE CEP.

Once installed, I don't know how to start or use the CEP.
The CEP is NOT a tool: it's an addition to your game that works without any intervention by the user. You can't "start" or "use" the CEP: once installed, just forget about it. If you want to create recolours, you need (in addition to the CEP) SimPE and this tutorial.

How can I be sure that the CEP is correctly installed?
Start the game, open the "Buy Mode" catalog and select the Potty Chair. Compare what you see on the screen with these screenshots:

Another test the you can run, is to check if the CEP files are in the proper locations; you should find:
- a file named "_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" in the Downloads;
- a file named "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package" in [gamedir]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D (regardless of the EP that you may have installed, the location of this file is always this one).
- a folder named "zCEP-EXTRA" in [Documents]\EA Games\The Sims 2.
- a folder named "zCEP-EXTRA" in [Program Files]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog.

I use a MacOS x system: how do I install the CEP?
Only manual installation is available for Mac user.
Download the file "CEP_Windows+MAC_Manual-Installation". Unzip the archive using the StuffIt Expander, or ZipIt, or any other Mac utility that manages zip archives.
Inside the archives, you will find - along with the CEP files - detailed instructions for Mac users, that clearly explain how to install and uninstall the CEP.
Thanks to Amjoie, Flameflash and WhiteSiren for their great help.

How do I use the support for custom lights? What is the Radiance, and which connections are there between the CEP and the Radiance?
The support for custom lights and the "Radiance" mod are no longer included in the CEP; both are now provided by the Scriptorium.
Please download the Scriptorium and also update your CEP to the newest version.

Exactly, what operations are performed by the CEP Installer on my PC?
The installer performs the very same operations explained in the instructions provided in the "CEP_Windows+MAC_Manual-Installation.zip"; plus, it searches and deletes any older and useless CEP-related file and creates the icons in the Start menu.

Can I use the CEP without Open for Business / Nightlife / University / etc...?
You can safely use the CEP in any game environment, unregarding the Expansion Packs that you may have installed: obviously, if you don't have the Nightlife, don't expect to find a Coffin in the catalog!

What is a CEP CLONE? And a CEP RECOLOUR?
A CEP Clone is an object that was cloned either from a Maxis object colour-enabled by the CEP, or from another CEP Clone.
A CEP Recolour is a recolour package created for a Maxis object colour-enabled by the CEP, and need the CEP to work.
NOTE: Only CEP recolours need the CEP in order to work: cloned objects and recolours for cloned objects work fine even without the CEP.

How can I know if a package that I've made (or downloaded) is a "CEP Recolour" or "CEP Clone"?
There's a very easy way: open the package with SimPE and look at the Material Overrides; if one or more of them contain a copyright note related to the CEP, than it is a CEP object (recolour or clone). Needless to say, the copyright notes CANNOT be deleted or edited in any way.

I want to post on my site a CEP RECOLOUR: what should I do?
You should alert the downloaders that they need the CEP in order to use that recolour, and provide a link in the same page as the download to this thread (http://cep.modthesims2.com) or to your local CEP Info Page.
Moreover, credits are due to Numenor, RGiles and Quaxi.

I want to post on my site a CEP CLONE: what should I do?
You don't need to do anything particular. But if you are a fair person, you may give credits to the CEP creators for having enabled the colour options in your object.

I have created a new object cloning a Maxis object. Why should I give credits to you? I made everything by myself!
Again, you don't need to. But please consider that if the Maxis object that you cloned is a CEP one (and you can check it using the simple method explained above), it's not true that you have done everything by yourself: your object is recolourable thanks to the CEP, i.e. thanks to our work. If it's important for you to state officially that an object was created exclusively by yourself, you may remove the CEP, or deactivate it in SimPE before cloning the Maxis object.

I find the CEP very useful. How can I thank you?
You can click the link in the "Thanks" box, near the post #1.
Or you can consider making a donation to Numenor Moddings or MTS2. In particular, if you usually upload your CEP creations to paysites, or you post CEP creations on your own paysite, well... a donation is definitely appropriated!

=====================================================
Screenshots

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Numenor : 15th May 2009 at 11:37 PM.
Default CEP News and Details
NEWS and UPDATES to the CEP packages

15 MAY 2009 - CEP v.9.2.0 (Final update for AL + more 'stuff pack' objects)
This is the last major update of the CEP; of course, if users will find bugs, or will ask to include some objects that I may have left out, I will release a minor update.

Compared to previous v. 9.1, this update contains:
  • the latest version of the CEP Extra related to the Bohemian Architecture set by Havelock: now it includes the diagonals, and the ability to shift vertically all the straight and diagonal pieces (upper and lower ones);
  • 23 new objects from Apartment Life (including the spell ingredients, the TV's, the trash chute and many others);
  • an update to the 4 skating rinks from Seasons (now the ground is recolourable, too);
  • the requested Judging Table from FreeTime; before you ask, NO, the ribbon can't be recoloured...;
  • 5 new objects from Kitchen & Bathroom (requested by the users);
  • 19 objects from the IKEA stuff pack, including the Expedit TV requested by Lord Darcy;
  • 13 objects from Mansion & Garden (including a 'lost' recolour for the 'Freezer Bunny' sculpture);
  • fully updated documentation (both the CEP Object List and the CEP-Extra Documentation).
Plus, the installer now can check online for updates, and redirect the user to the official CEP thread (this one) if needed; this online check is optional and can deactivated.

I hope not to have forgotten any of the requests and suggestions people posted on the CEP thread; if I've left out something, please let me know

------------------------------------------------------------------

09 NOV 2008 - CEP v.9.1 (More FIXES and EXTRAS)
NOTE: this is an early update that contains only few objects from AL: a new update, containing all the remaining objects from AL and IKEA, and with the updated documentation, will be posted in the near future.

[Click on the thumbnails to enlarge]
  • EXTRA - Bohemian Architectural Set - Fixed and improved (by Havelock): the bug affecting CEP 9.0, that messed up the textures of the Bohemian set, has been fixed; the diagonals for the belt and corniche have been extracted and added to the set (automatic placement on diagonal walls).
  • EXTRA - Club counters - Improved (by Havelock): the same problem affecting the corner of the commercial 'Club' counter (top border of the wrong colour, fixed in CEP 9.0) affected also the residential counters and islands; now the entire 'Club' set can have the top border matching the finish.
  • EXTRA - Bohemian double bed - 'Lost' drapes: this CEP-Extra restores the ability to recolour the upper and lower drapes of the Bohemian bed along with the frame (Maxis originally meant the drapes to be recolourable, but then decided to give them a fixed colour); the Extra provides matching drapes for all the 3 Maxis frame colours.
  • EXTRA - Witches lamps - Fixed + 'lost' colours: This Extra fixes the lit/unlit state for several Witches lamps; for the evil floor lamp, 2 'lost' colours have been restored.
  • FIX - Good Witch Throne - 'Lost' colours: the Throne has been made recolourable, and 2 'lost' recolours have been restored.
  • FIX - 'Security' gates and 2-tile Closets - Fixed wallmasks (by Havelock): fixed the 1-tile Security gate, the 2-tile diagonal Security gate and the 2-tile dressing closets that didn't cut the right hole in the wall.
  • FIX - Witch Cauldron - Recolourable: the witch cauldron is now recolourable (only the metal pot, NOT the boiling liquid).
IMPORTANT - All the Witches objects can only be recoloured in game using the Design tool (because these objects don't appear in catalog.

23 SEPT 2008 - CEP v.9.0 (FIXES, EXTRAS and few AL objects)
  • Improved installer and BUGFIX: now the installer checks the expansions installed in the game, and hides the Extras that are unneeded or anyway should not be installed without the required EPs; from now on, for example, the infamous "Garden Rocks" extra can't be installed any more without the proper EP configuration (no more crashes!)
  • Updated the Phones extra to work correctly with AL: now the phones will create the right handset (and not the one from the base game).
  • Updated the Teddy Bear extra to work with AL: now the Teddy Bears are recolourable again, will wear out, and won't cause error messages any more.
  • CEP-EXTRA: fix for the OFB windows: The 'International' windows set, originally shipped with OFB was broken down by AL; with this Extra, all the old recolours will still work in AL. IMPORTANT: after installing this CEP-EXTRA, you will not need any more the Window Fix by Fat D (LINK). The installer should automatically search for it in your Downloads and delete the related files; however, please check yourself and delete any file named "fatd-windowfix-...package" found in your Downloads.
    Thanks to Fat D for pointing me out the problem, and for... not being angry with me for including the same fix in the CEP
  • CEP-EXTRA: fix for the 'Club' Commercial Corner Counter (base-game): I've included in the CEP the fix created by Havelock that restores the correct colour for the internal border of the corner.
  • FIX for the Dynasty Dresser (base game): after AL added some slots to it, it became not recolourable; this fix re-enables the colours without breaking the new slots. Thanks to Lord Darcy for reporting.
  • FIX for the Outdoor Trashcan (base game): when playing with graphic settings to low, the trashcan became not recolourable; problem solved.
  • FIX for the 'Gearhead' Pool Table (AL): the smart people at EAxis tried to enable the colour options for three subsets, resulting in a loss of recolourablility on one of them, at random. Now, the "leather" subset is slave of the "wood", and problem is solved.
  • FIX for the 'Bohemian' Architectural set: the entire set was supposed to borrow the recolours fromo a non-existing object, thus resulting entirely not recolourable. Now the whole set (9 pieces) grab the colour from the right piece, which re-enabled the recolours and restored 2 'lost' Maxis recolours.
  • Moreover, 7 object from AL have been colour-enabled: Aquarium (base and fishes), Heart bed (frame), Tech bookcase (objects on shelves), 'Secret Door' large and small bookcases (books), Wall Shelf 1x1 (supports) and Bohemian door (metal designs). More objects will be added in the next CEP v. 9.1.
  • Last but not least, there's a new icon set: this time I decided to create it by myself, so blame ME if you don't like it!

18 MAY 2008 - CEP v.8.1 (Kitchen & Bath + more EXTRAS and additions)
  • Added 7 new objects from Kitchen&Bath, the "gothic chair" from TeenStyle, the Nectar Bar and the Violin from FreeTime.
  • FIXED (via a CEP Extra) the conflict related to the Toy Oven: all the old recolours will work again, even after installing K&B; moreover, the 4 new colours that come with K&B are now available for all games.
  • FIXED the bug that caused the TalkTime Phones to disappear.
  • FIXED (hopefully! ) the bug that caused some lot containing pool lights to crash when loading.
  • FIXED (via a CEP Extra) a Maxis bug that caused the Garden Rocks from FreeTime to override the ones from Season: now all the 4 rocks are available in catalog.
  • FIXED the problem of the default Maxis colour being deletable because marked with the CC asterisk.
  • FIXED a recolourability problem related to the Food Processor from FreeTime.
  • New EXTRA released to restore the 2-story Concrete Column (OFB) wiped off by FreeTime.
  • New EXTRA released to make recolourable the plumbing in the Cheap Shower-Tub (BaseGame).
  • REMOVED the Koi Pond (career prize from FT) due to incompatibility with the snow.
  • UPDATED the Documentation, that now includes all the FreeTime objects and selected K&B objects.

03 APR 2008 - CEP v.8.0 (FreeTime)
  • Added 50 new objects from FreeTime.
  • Many "fixes" and special improvements have been regrouped in the 15 CEP EXTRA components: the user can freely choose which ones to install; the CEP EXTRA included in CEP v.8.0 affect 23 objects in total, and include the long-awaited recolourable Videogame Console. Read the details in the included "CEP EXTRA Documentation" (installed along with the CEP).
  • The CEP Documentation has been updated and improved. It includes the Special Recolour Instructions and the CEP EXTRA Documentation (recommended for everyone), a full list of all the Maxis objects (recommended for creators), and the CEP FAQ (read them before asking... )
  • Official Icon Set by MaryLou updated to v.8.

31 DEC 2007 - CEP v.7.0d (Bugfix)
  • Chessboard (BaseGame) - Fixed a bug that caused lots containing chessboards to crash while loading.

26 DEC 2007 - CEP v.7.0c (More Holiday objects + Fixes)
  • Table Lamp "Whodunnit" (BaseGame) [Now in CEP Extra]
  • 9 more objects from the Holiday 05/06 Add-ons - These objects were originally part of the "HolidayCEP" by Heather Castillo at SimFreaks2.com. NOTE: the HolidayCEP is now useless, and should be removed; if you use the CEP installer, it will remove the unneeded files automatically.
  • Included 5 more FIXES for Maxis objects:
    • "Club" table lamp (BaseGame) [Now in CEP Extra]
    • "Groovy" dresser (University) [Now in CEP Extra]
    • "Milano Royale" table (BaseGame) [Now in CEP Extra]
    • Chessboard (BaseGame) [Now in CEP Extra]
    • "CounterLocker" counter (University): Fixed a bug that made the counter revert to the default colour when dirty. This counter was seriously messed up: it contained 48 MMATs, 24 of which so badly made that the recolours couldn't work, and 12 more completely useless; now the bad/useless MMATs have been removed and the counter should work fine.
  • Updated the "BaseGame" and "Other SP and Add-Ons" pages of the Documentation.

06 OCT 2007 (after few hours) - CEP v.7.0b (More SP objects!)
  • Due to the requests, I've added 14 more objects from the Xmas/Festive Packs and 2 more from Celebration; counting these last additions, all the possible objects from CEL, H&M, Xmas05 e Fest06 have been included in the CEP. Unless I've forgotten something, the remaining objects are not recolourable. Read the CEP Documentation to know which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP.
    ClickMe ClickMe
  • Updated the "Other SP and Add-Ons" page of the Documentation.

06 OCT 2007 - CEP v.7.0 (Bon Voyage + SP + Fixes)
  • Added 26 new objects from Bon Voyage and - by request - 8 objects from the minor stuff packs (Celebration, H&M, Xmas 2005 and Festive 2006); for some of these objects, the CEP adds a second recolourable part to the one originally made recolourable by Maxis. Read the CEP Documentation to know in details which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP. My favourites? The Pirates Ship and the Oriental Food Stand (with recolourable stools: see Recolour Instructions) And the objects from the Stuff Packs aren't bad, either, especially the Christmas pine
    ClickMe ClickMe ClickMe
  • The installer now takes care of all the existing games created with the AnyGameStarter and BaseGameStarter.
  • FIX for the "OpenME Wide Window"[/b](from NL), created by by MaryLou to restore the missing light [Now in CEP Extra]
  • FIX for the "Atomic" Ceiling Lamp (from Pets) [Now in CEP Extra]
  • FIX for the "Night Club" counter, island and bar [Now in CEP Extra]
  • The installer will also search in all your Downloads (including the ones that you copied in the mini-game) for outdated/erroneous CEP files, and for the older stand-alone fixes that are now included in the CEP; and will delete them all, so to prevent conflicts.
  • Lastly, the Toilet Stall (from the base game) has been fixed again [Now in CEP Extra]
  • The CEP Documentation has been updated: I've added all the objects from BV (including the Maxis-recolourable ones) and the selected objects from the SP that were included in the CEP; plus, all the pages now show in yellow the objects that have been fixed with the CEP (since the beginning), with a brief description of the fixed problem.

23 MAR 2007 - CEP v.6.0b (Bugfix + BGS integration)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the default "Neutatlantic" colour for the Seasons' coat rack to appear in catalog.
  • Improved integration with older BaseGameStarter installations: until now, if you installed the BGS while the CEP was not installed, the subsequent CEP installation would not copy the CEP files in the mini-games; now the CEP installer can detect if the mini-games exist, and copy the CEP files even if they are not already existing in the mini-games.

10 MAR 2007 - CEP v.6.0 (Seasons and all previous games) released
  • 41 new objects from the Seasons EP have been colour enabled; for some of these objects, the CEP adds a second recolourable part to the one originally made recolourable by Maxis. Read the CEP Documentation to know in details which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP.
  • The FIX for the "Fat City" counter (from Nightlife) has been included in the CEP [Now in CEP Extra]
  • Included in this CEP also a FIX for the Hot Chocolate Maker: now it's recolourable and also includes a "Lost&Found" snowy white recolour abandoned by Maxis.
  • Better integration with the BaseGameStarter: if the CEP installer detects multiple mini-game created by the BaseGameStarter v. 1.3 (or newer), it will update the CEP in all of them.
  • The official icon set has been updated to v.6 by MaryLou.
  • The CEP documentation has been updated to reflect the new additions and fixes.

11 NOV 2006 - CEP v.5.0b (Minor update)
Included working fix for the "flashing purple" Glamour stereo [Now in CEP Extra]

01 NOV 2006 - CEP v.5.0 (Pets and all previous games) released
  • 22 new objects from the Pets EP have been colour enabled; for some of these objects, the CEP adds a second recolourable part to the one originally made recolourable by Maxis. Read the CEP Documentation to know in details which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP.
  • The FIX for the "Way Coolinary" counter island (from University EP) has been included in the CEP [Now in CEP Extra]
  • The FIX for the "Pampered Sounds Stereo" (from Glamour) has been included in the CEP [Now in CEP Extra]
  • Added FIX for the "Atomic" table lamp (from Pets) [Now in CEP Extra]
  • A completely new and more complete icon set has been created by MaryLou and myself.
  • The CEP documentation has been updated to reflect the new additions and fixes.

26 SEPT 2006 - The support from the custom lights and the Radiance mod have been stripped from the CEP installer. Now the CEP is again the CEP only - The stripped functions are now part of the new SCRIPTORIUM.
No change have been made to the CEP itself, in this release.

18 SEPT 2006 - From now on, MAC users will have their CEP version updated at the same time as the Windows users! No more waiting!

14 SEPT 2006 - CEP v. 4.2 (Glamour) released
This update contains several interesting features:
  • New recolourable items - Four paintings from Glamour Life have been colour-enabled; moreover, the two dishwashers from the base game have a new recolourable part: the interior (that includes dishes, buttons and dials).
  • FIX for the Luxury Table Lamp that cames with Glamour - Just like the old Tulip Lamp from the base game, the Luxury lamp suffers for a bug that prevents the catalog to correctly show all the colour options; sometimes the base is not recolourable, sometimes the shade, sometimes the decoration around the base (at random). With the CEP 4.2 the Luxury lamp works fine: the decoration of the base changes colour according to the base itself, and the shade has its own colour options.
  • OUTDATED NEWS (Was: Built-in Radiance Lighting Mod (by GunMod)
  • CEP Documentation updated - Now the documentation includes a full list of the Glamour objects.

17 APR 2006 - CEP v. 4.1 (Family Fun Stuff) released
This time, Maxis made an excellent work with the recolours: almost ALL the objects in the FFS were already recolourable at full extent.
Therefore, I could only add ONE object to the CEP (the jelly-fish table lamp) :p
Not much of an update, then; but it would have been a pity to leave out that lamp....

17 MAR 2006 - Added zip and instructions for Manual Installation (Windows Users)

14 MAR 2006
- The CEP for MacOS X users are now available
- The new CEP4 icon set by SimplyStella is ready
- The official URL for the CEP page is: cep.modthesims2.com

14 MAR 2006 - CEP v. 4.0 (Open for Business) released
Many not-recolourable OFB objects have been colour-enabled, and a lot of objects that originally had only 1 recolourable part, now have 2.

29 JAN 2006 - CEP v. 3.3b released.
Just some fixes in this release, but there is an important one: now the CEP is fully compatible with other "Lighting" mods, like GunMod's "Radiance Lighting". In order to ensure compatibility, YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE CEP *AFTER* HAVING INSTALLED GUNMOD'S RADIANCE LIGHTING MOD; AND EACH TIME YOU UPDATE/REINSTALL THE RADIANCE MOD, YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL THE CEP (otherwise you'll lose the CEP's Custom Light support).

Other fixes in v. 3.3b: the "Boxy Lady" and the "A-maze-ing Hedge" shrubs have been removed from the CEP and are not recolourable any more (too buggy: they reverted to original colour every time they "overgrew"...).
The "Stewart Mourning Café Curtains" now has a diagonal that uses the same recolours as the straight curtain (only the fabric: the recolours for the metal bar aren't usable by the diagonal).

Last but not least, thanks to the valuable help provided by IgnorantBliss, the CEP List has been greatly improved and updated: now it correctly lists all the recolourable parts (both the Maxis and the CEP ones), and outlines the linkage between different objects that share the same textures.

01 DEC 2005 - CEP v. 3.3 released.
Starting from this version, the CEP provide support for custom lights: creators can now add a custom light definition to their objects, and the game will be able to read and use it. Creators and simple users: read the FAQ in order to know how to use this new feature.
Also included in this release the Fix for the "PrevenTek Tri-Luminlight Streetlamp" (read details in this thread).

10 OCT 2005 - CEP v. 3.2 released.
Recolour support was added for the base-game objects "Plainlee Palm" and "Pointy Things Pencil Pine Tree", thanks to Sup@tramp.
Moreover, the UNI object "Daniel the Lionhearted Door" now has a recolourable door, too (without the CEP, only the frame can be recoloured).
Lastly, the CEP 3.2 includes a fix for a Maxis issue that caused unstable recolours for the "counterfinish" of the Cafeteria Counter & Island.
Note: all the "CEP Object Lists" have been updated, as well.

02 OCT 2005 - SimplyStella, winner of the Official CEP3 Icons Contest, has gifted us with a wonderful set of icons for the CEP3. Excellent work! Thank you!

01 Oct 2005 - CEP v. 3.1 released. CEP support has been added for the "Rackmaster 850 Bowling Ball Rack": the "Sides" are now recolourable, and are provided 8 (eight!) additional colours for them; also, the "Top" has 1 more colour. All these additional colours were created by Maxis, but they got lost (probably by mistake).
The CEP3_Object_List (all formats) has been updated to include the new addition. Thanks to Techster for the heads up.

30 Sept 2005 - A very easy-to-read list of CEP objects (in TXT format) has been added, in order to ease creators' work. Please continue referring to the previous complete lists for more detailed information and to read the special recolouring instructions.

29 Sept 2005 - Updated the License Agreement: now the CEP3 Clones, too, and can be uploaded to pay sites.

28 Sept 2005 - Added link to MacOS X conversion of the CEP files.
28 Sept 2005 - All the archives can be now downloaded in zip format.

27 Sept 2005 - Fixed the CEP3 installer: the older version didn't install the CEP files in the right folders in localized versions of the game.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 5:38 PM
Default Update
NEWS and UPDATES to the CEP packages

23 SEPT 2008 - CEP v.9.0 (FIXES, EXTRAS and few AL objects)
NOTE: this is an early update, needed to fix some recolouring problems that AL introduced in the game. This release contains only few objects from AL: a new update, containing all the objects from AL and IKEA, and with the updated documentation, will be posted in the near future.

• Improved installer and BUGFIX: now the installer checks the expansions installed in the game, and hides the Extras that are unneeded or anyway should not be installed without the required EPs; from now on, for example, the infamous "Garden Rocks" extra can't be installed any more without the proper EP configuration (no more crashes!)
  • Updated the Phones extra to work correctly with AL: now the phones will create the right handset (and not the one from the base game).
  • Updated the Teddy Bear extra to work with AL: now the Teddy Bears are recolourable again, will wear out, and won't cause error messages any more.
  • CEP-EXTRA: fix for the OFB windows: The 'International' windows set, originally shipped with OFB was broken down by AL; with this Extra, all the old recolours will still work in AL. IMPORTANT: after installing this CEP-EXTRA, you will not need any more the Window Fix by Fat D (LINK). The installer should automatically search for it in your Downloads and delete the related files; however, please check yourself and delete any file named "fatd-windowfix-...package" found in your Downloads.
    Thanks to Fat D for pointing me out the problem, and for... not being angry with me for including the same fix in the CEP
  • CEP-EXTRA: fix for the 'Club' Commercial Corner Counter (base-game): I've included in the CEP the fix created by Havelock that restores the correct colour for the internal border of the corner.
  • FIX for the Dynasty Dresser (base game): after AL added some slots to it, it became not recolourable; this fix re-enables the colours without breaking the new slots. Thanks to Lord Darcy for reporting.
  • FIX for the Outdoor Trashcan (base game): when playing with graphic settings to low, the trashcan became not recolourable; problem solved.
  • FIX for the 'Gearhead' Pool Table (AL): the smart people at EAxis tried to enable the colour options for three subsets, resulting in a loss of recolourablility on one of them, at random. Now, the "leather" subset is slave of the "wood", and problem is solved.
  • FIX for the 'Bohemian' Architectural set: the entire set was supposed to borrow the recolours fromo a non-existing object, thus resulting entirely not recolourable. Now the whole set (9 pieces) grab the colour from the right piece, which re-enabled the recolours and restored 2 'lost' Maxis recolours.
  • Moreover, 7 object from AL have been colour-enabled: Aquarium (base and fishes), Heart bed (frame), Tech bookcase (objects on shelves), 'Secret Door' large and small bookcases (books), Wall Shelf 1x1 (supports) and Bohemian door (metal designs). More objects will be added in the next CEP v. 9.1.
  • Last but not least, there's a new icon set: this time I decided to create it by myself, so blame ME if you don't like it!

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Numenor : 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:42 PM.
A big 'Thank You!' to Lord Darcy, Havelock, Fat D, TabbyLou, XTS and all the other CEP users (too many to mention everyone ) that reported problems with the CEP or with the Maxis "features" and helped finding a solution I always need and appreciate your input!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> THREAD CLEAN-UP! <<<
The old thread, related to CEP v.8, has been archived HERE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 5:59 PM Last edited by anglesims2 : 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:14 PM.
Wow you have been busy Numenor I thank you for this fix so far so good! I will let you know if any thing else is wrong! Now I go surf the internet and play my Sims 2 Games! lol! And yes I love the new icon as well! That is the best icon made now!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:09 PM
Love The New Icon - thanks, it is so Cool!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:14 PM
Thank you, Numenor!

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:27 PM
Smooches!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:31 PM
Yay new version!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 7:39 PM
Thank you so much! So happy to see the fresh new icon, too!

It's a neighborhood legacy
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 7:40 PM Last edited by GeneralOperationsDirector : 23rd Sep 2008 at 7:40 PM. Reason: Fixed the [/Quote] tag.
Quote: Originally posted by The ModFather
Improved installer and BUGFIX: now the installer checks the expansions installed in the game, and hides the Extras that are unneeded or anyway should not be installed without the required EPs; from now on, for example, the infamous "Garden Rocks" extra can't be installed any more without the proper EP configuration (no more crashes!)
I have DoubleDeluxe[=BaseGame+NightLife+CelebrationStuff]+IKEAHomeStuff installed, and the [previous] CEP installed all of those extras, and my game runs without crashing. Thank you for the CEP. You are [currently] the only Favorite Creator listed on my profile page here, and several of the few downloads listed in my Favorite Downloads are yours, too. Should I get this CEP, or wait for the next one? Oh, and I`ll be installing H&MFashionStuff at the end of the month.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 8:22 PM
Definitely GET this one, and when the new one is out, get that one too :D

Theorist
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 8:33 PM
Thank you for this and I like the new CEP icon , at least I think its new lol anyway thanks again!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:10 PM
thank you, Numenor. beautiful icon
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
FIX for the 'Bohemian' Architectural set: the entire set was supposed to borrow the recolours fromo a non-existing object, thus resulting entirely not recolourable. Now the whole set (9 pieces) grab the colour from the right piece, which re-enabled the recolours and restored 2 'lost' Maxis recolours.

Sorry this is not working the Bracket has a different Texture.
The sculptureWallArchitectureBohemianCorniceOutsideCorner is either missing or the sculptureWallArchitectureBohemianCorniceOutsideCornerA and sculptureWallArchitectureBohemianCorniceOutsideCornerB where not meant to be named in this way.
But because there is a diagonal mesh for the corniches its possible they got the matching corner between diagonal and straight mesh not done in time and this was the sculptureWallArchitectureBohemianCorniceOutsideCorner who is missing now.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:34 PM
Thank you. :-)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:49 PM
Thank you! Now I can recolor anything till I faint.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:54 PM
@ Havelock - Damn, I was sure to have tested them throughly... I thought the Repository object was the Bracket because it was the only one with MMATs, not enslaved to any other object. Thanks for the heads up, I'll update this part of the CEP.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 10:17 PM
Once again, I wish I could thank you ten thousand times.
Without your work, these games would not be the same.
Thank you, thank you & thank you.

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 11:44 PM Last edited by Numenor : 9th Nov 2008 at 1:20 AM. Reason: Fix now included in CEP 9.1
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
@ Havelock - Damn, I was sure to have tested them throughly... I thought the Repository object was the Bracket because it was the only one with MMATs, not enslaved to any other object. Thanks for the heads up, I'll update this part of the CEP.

Got it to work. Here is the fix. Included is also unlocked diagonal Corniche. This piece is tricky to place needs a Floortile under it and Moveobjects_on like the corner pieces.
Inventor
#23 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 12:08 AM Last edited by XTS : 24th Sep 2008 at 12:38 AM.
Wow, you cleaned up the thread. Looks nice. Hope the link is the same. I'd better check it.

Does the current release include the bohemian fix? I noticed the time of the update on the thread is after the fix upload.. So I'm thinking maybe yes. I just got the update. Was thinking maybe the teddy MESH issue was associated with me having the april download to begin with.. an older version.

Thanks again!!
Xts

EDIT: Link works perfectly. Awesome I don't have to change it each time a new EP comes out. You rock!

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 10:07 AM
thank you very much, great job as allways.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 12:44 PM
I have a question! First off I would like to say a HUGE "Thank You" to Numenor for updating the CEP!! You are the greatest!! Now, do I need to un-install the old CEP before I install the new one, or does this one just update the one I already have? Thanks in advance for you're help!!
Page 1 of 42