* A paint program such as Photoshop or PaintShop
* SimPE (version .48 or higher for Nightlife)
1. Select an image for your painting. The higher the quality, the better your painting will look. In this example I'll be using this water lily.
2. Once you have selected your image, run SimPE and open Photo Studio.
3. Which template you use is a matter of personal choice. You'll notice that each one has an image size listed. For best results, try to crop or resize your image to as close to that size as possible - otherwise the finished painting may look stretched or squashed. In this example, I'm using Bella Squared. You can search the site for additional templates if you don't see what you want.
Since there are so many different paint programs available, I won't go into the details of photo editing. Check the help files or seach the web for a tutorial if you need assistance with this part.
4. In Photo Studio, check Preview and uncheck Flip Image. Click Open and select your image from it's stored location.
5. You should now see something similar to this. If you are satisfied with the results, click Create.
6. You can save this package directly to Downloads or the folder of your choice. Give it a unique name. Click Save. Photo Studio will now work for a moment or two.
7. When you see this screen, you're finished. You can now repeat this process to make more paintings or simply close the program if you are done creating.
8. Load up your game and your new painting should be available for you to enjoy.
I was so glad to see this come up because I've just started playing around with customizing objects. I followed the instructions and created the package files, but they don't show up in my game (they are in the downloads folder). Earlier today I created new bedding - that worked... but the paintings aren't working. Any suggestions?
Aha! I finally realized that the thumbnail of the paintings that shows up in the game in Buy mode doesn't change, you have to select the original base painting in order to see your own versions. So I did eventually figure it out! Thanks!
you shouldn't need photoshop to create them just photostudio in the SimPE, any paint program would work so long as you can resize the photos in it to make them the correct size for the template, which I think you can do even in MSpaint.
8th Nov 2005 at 9:04 AM
Where can I find photo studio ?
15th Nov 2005 at 6:49 AM
Making paintings that show as thumbnails
I love this tutorial but have a question?
Is there anyway to make an orignal painting that will show up under the buy mode instead of finding the original painting thumbnail and then clicling on it to find the picture you made?
I find it so hard to remember what picture I have to pick to find the painting I made.
First thank you SO much for the tutorial! I had figured out how to make them in Sim PE by fidgeting with it and I wish I saw this sooner!
Wanted to ask, if all of the pics are showing up in my game beautifully, but someone else is having a problem with them showing up in their game, what is usually the problem if they have all of the EPs and the Color Enabler?