PDA

View Full Version : Change database?

Mallamun
14th Dec 2006, 8:40 AM
How do I set Body Shop to access the same database of content as the game? That is, full default options AND all the content in my downloads folder?

Inge Jones
14th Dec 2006, 8:55 AM
It usually does, in my experience. Check that your Downloads folder begins with a capital 'D' and change it if it doesn't. I seem to remember, before a particular EP, bodyshop could not find clothes in subfolders of Downloads, too.

Mallamun
14th Dec 2006, 9:17 AM
My downloads folder does start with a capital D. So Body Shop IS supposed to be able to access this folder by default? Hmm... I wonder why mine isn't?

Edit: I see now that my Sims 2 Body Shop folder also has a Downloads folder. However, I OBVIOUSLY don't want to copy the entire contents of my normal Downloads folder into ths one. I am nearly crashing my comptuer as is!

HystericalParoxysm
14th Dec 2006, 9:44 AM
Make sure you are using the Body Shop that comes with the game. You'll start it from Start - Programs - EA Games - The Sims 2 - The Sims 2 (or newest expansion) - The Sims 2 Body Shop. If you're using the downloaded Body Shop then it won't see all the default options and your Downloads folder.

There is no separate Downloads folder for the Body Shop that comes with the game - it will read the files from My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads, same as the game.

Mallamun
14th Dec 2006, 9:52 AM
I did not know that there was a version that came with the game. I thought that Body Shop was only something you could download from the official website? How do I get the one that came with the game? Was it supposed to install automatically when I installed the game?

HystericalParoxysm
14th Dec 2006, 10:01 AM
It did install with your game, yes. Use the shortcut I told you to start it. Your profile says you have Original and University, so you would use Start - Program Files - EA Games - The Sims 2 - The Sims 2 University - The Sims 2 Body Shop.

If you get further EPs then you'll use the shortcut under the newest (most recently released) EP to start Body Shop after that.

I had the downloaded Body Shop installed when I had that game configuration (TS2O + Uni) due to a conflict my graphics card had with Body Shop (that it didn't have with the downloaded version) and it made my game itself stop working. If you get that due to having installed the downloaded Body Shop, first uninstall the downloaded Body Shop, then back up your user files and uninstall/reinstall University. Your game still may work fine, but mine didn't after installing the downloaded BS so I thought I'd mention it.

Mallamun
14th Dec 2006, 10:22 AM
Oooooooh!

I love you! Hahaha. Thank you so much. Lightbulb on. : )