PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Ideas & Speculation!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

HystericalParoxysm
5th Jul 2009, 8:56 PM
Post all your ideas and thoughts on expansion packs for TS3 here!

HystericalParoxysm
5th Jul 2009, 9:01 PM
Previous threads on this subject (now closed due to sticky):

Sims 3: University (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352665)
Expansion idea: Do-It-Yourself (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352675)
What EP remakes do you want to see? (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352038)
Possible Vacation/BV remake? Do it right this time! (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352486)
Who would you like to make the TS3 Expansions? (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352653)
Expansion idea: Past-present-future (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352682)
Possible Expansion Foreshadowing. (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352448)
The Sims 3 "Downtown" (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350847)
A feature which should be in the new expansions (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350966)

starved4pizza
5th Jul 2009, 9:34 PM
Idea: Urban neighborhoods. I get bored playing in the suburbs all the time.

mikekearn
5th Jul 2009, 9:40 PM
Counter-point: Urban areas are much more populated; can the game handle it? If it could, I agree, somewhere more urban and less suburban would be a nice change of pace. It's so Norman Rockwell (despite the apparent technology level) that I sometimes get a weird vibe when downtown.

Petchy
5th Jul 2009, 10:00 PM
And an Expansion of the ideas above: Far-off areas - Humble little villages and Sparse Desert Locations.. mmm... I'd love it!

(Snow Villas, and maybe even floating islands! *kafoo* :lol: )

aeval99
5th Jul 2009, 10:15 PM
Oooooh! Shiny new thread for EP discussion. :p

HP, could we have a poll for which remake people would prefer that also contains an option for something completely new?

Angstrom
5th Jul 2009, 11:02 PM
I have also thought about The Sims 3: Extreme, focused on adventure and extreme sports.

Daredevils, Athletes, Outdoor-lovers and Brave Sims would love this patch.

Included features could be:
* New vehicles - Motorbikes, Roller skates, Skateboards, Kickbikes, Unicycles, Helicopters
* Parachuting
* Swimming and Wave surfing
* Climbing
* Pool slides and springboards
* A fire-station, where you can pursue a Rescue career, or try the firepole
* A garage, where you can pursue a Motor career
* Tattoos and piercings
* Adventure TV Channel
* Skate punk and surf rock

whoachica5
5th Jul 2009, 11:23 PM
I think that it would be cool if they made an OFB like EP. I love the idea of having a home business. It would be really fun if you were able to sell your bugs, fish, and space rocks and gems at your home business or one downtown. I really would like more utilization of the collecting theme. I absolutely love looking for stuff for my sim to collect.

simtastic2
6th Jul 2009, 12:55 AM
I really want
boats/cruises
I want to go to the island whre the lighthouse is. Expand the town, becuase there are places you can see ,but your sim cannot go.
I would klike a shopping district whre you can see in the stores
Maybe seperate downtown area, where there are nightclubs and bars

mdossantos047
6th Jul 2009, 2:06 AM
I already posted this before, but whatever. I'll post it again.

An "Arts" EP. Sims could play various musical instruments, form a band, do modeling, acting, and sculpturing. It would kind of be like an advanced version of Superstar. This would be a good EP to add nightclubs and bars.

That would probably be the best for me.

Sookielee
6th Jul 2009, 3:05 AM
I hope EA keeps adding a mixture of the previous EP's instead of one theme at a time. I do miss some of my TS2 EP's, but I have enjoyed the fact that TS3 has several features from different EP's past.

Syera
6th Jul 2009, 3:19 AM
The Sims 3: Hero Adventures!

Let's face it; TS3 already has so many RPG-like features, why not go the extra mile?

-A new rabbit hole will become available: the Adventurer's Guild! Become a full-time hero, or just take a quest now and then.
-Smelted metals and gemstones will be used to make weapons and armor.
-Sims can slay monsters in the wilderness.
-New stuff to gather, including herbs that can be used to make potions - some will help your Sim in combat; others will effect their day-to-day lives.
-Increase your Strength stat by increasing your Body skill!
-New skills, such as Aim for gunners/archers!
-Shiny new fantasy buy/build stuff, clothing, and hair, including CHAINMAIL BIKINIS!

...Just kidding. Mostly. :P

catnip834
6th Jul 2009, 3:20 AM
I want want see in expansion packs: Taits:shy,greedy,collector,animal lover,dislikes animals,dislikes plants,prideful, Pets:panda,pig,wolf,dogs,cats,japaness fighting fish,cows,sheep,meerkats,goats,mice,rats,bears,raccoon,turtle,boar,penguin,bunny,rabbit,squirrel,monkey,weasels,horses,ostriches,chickens,duck,crows,dragons,silkworms,bat,vampire bat, new things pets do:Get eggs form chickens,ducks and ostriches,milk form cows and gaots,get to ride on horses,if evil get monkey to steal money form sims,get silk form silkworms,wool form sheep, Building:shoping mall,clothing shop,pet shop, Be able to make own town Hair:very long hair male and female,curly hair male and female,inuyasha hair male and famale,inuyasha's brother hair male,anime hair male and famale,sailor moon hair female,japaness hair,gothic hair male and famale, Monsters:vampires,werewolves,sea monster,mummies,zombies,mermaids,big foot,dragons, New ways to Die:animal atttacks,monsters eat you,sharks attacks,fell out windows,die form deing too cold or hot,food poisioning, Be able to marry all monsters and monsters feed on sims for food,turn them or kill them Jobs:vampires jobs,werewolves jobs,Monster hunthers,harry potter jobs,School jobs,fasion jobs,fast food,zoo keeper,Movie Star, genetics:fangs,better elf ears,claws,fox ears,cat ears,fox tails,bunny ears,wolf tail,cat tails,animal fur skins for make animal sims,bat wing ears,angle wings,dragon wings,bat wings,bird wings,dog tails, monsters can kill monster hunther and monster hunther can monster Stuff Pack I want See harry potter,gothic,anime,pets,good and evil,animal sims,vampires,werewolves,king and queen,Movie Stars,nightlife,holidays,farm and city life,aliens,zoo,shoping,Dating,

Legendary Bard
6th Jul 2009, 3:34 AM
I still say I want more business themed things. I never played Sims 2, so I don't know anything about the Open For Business expansion it had besides common knowledge.

Furthermore, I'd like any kind of expansion that would make more variations and challenges.

Syera
6th Jul 2009, 3:55 AM
*reads Catnip's post; head asplodes*

Paragraphs are your friends. And so is the space bar after the comma.

Part of the stuff you want is already in the game. The Shy, Greedy, and Prideful traits are already there - they're just called Loner, Ambitious, and Snob.

Good and Evil is already in the game as... well, the Good and Evil traits.

As far as "gothic hair" goes, it's not hard to make your sims' hair black and add red tips or something.

Part of the stuff you're asking for are things that you're definitely not going to get in any EP, period. If you want stuff related to a specific fansnatch of yours, then you need to look to third-party sources.

fell out windows
Why would a Sim fall out of a window in the first place?

Be able to marry all monsters and monsters feed on sims for food,turn them or kill them
Are you saying you want your Sim to be able to marry a monster that will eat him/her after the wedding? o_0

Jobs:vampires jobs,werewolves jobs,Monster hunthers,harry potter jobs,School jobs,fasion jobs,fast food,zoo keeper,Movie Star,
We already have school and fast food jobs.

What do you figure is a "werewolf job," anyway?

Rikachu
6th Jul 2009, 3:57 AM
I want to be able to have a zoo! ^_^ With actual animals, not fake ones. T_T

DeLoure
6th Jul 2009, 4:13 AM
- A children-focused EP. In both TS2 and TS3, there isn't much to do with babies, toddlers, children and teenagers. Personally, I don't like having children in-game because there isn't nothing to do with them. That EP would include school vacations, daycare centers, nannies, private schools, a possible homeschool option, FIELD TRIPS filled with endless opportunities, extracurricular activities like ballet, football, girl/boy scouts, NEW and BETTER looking clothes, more hairstyles, more children's toys, school socials, graduation, flunking a grade, summer school -- the list could go on.

- A celebrity/superstar/fame EP. I know this has been said all over the TS3 community but it is an EP that's needed. They could add more "fame-seeking" jobs like actors/actresses, reality TV star, supermodel, talk-show host, famed blogger, fashion designer, directors and producers. And add famous elements to the game like paparazzi, scandals, award shows, music videos, movie sets or even add a prized award like The Golden Llama Awards that focuses on the excellence in all jobs.

- A party/holiday/celebration EP. Expand the party ideas, make weddings more memorable, add baby showers, graduation parties, block parties.

- A pets/animal EP. I like the aspect of having a cat or dog or even a snake around the house. TS2's pet expansion pack was BORING. You couldn't even do much with your pets not to mention, they were limited on the kind of pets you have. They should add snakes, ants, spiders, birds, pigs. Add zoos, farms, aquariums; add pet shows, a pet park.

- A makin' magic EP. Even though I'm not big on weirdness in The Sims series, I think TS3 is too real for me. It's a little storybookish and idyllic -- not really my style. I mean, there are some bitchy Sims and I know I'd love to turn them into a llama instead of implying their mother is one.

*sigh* I could go on but I think the ideas may get repetitive. I think you get the idea, HOPEFULLY stupidcompanythatlikestocheatpeopleoutofmoney EA gets the idea and LISTENS to us.

DeLoure
6th Jul 2009, 4:15 AM
*reads Catnip's post; head asplodes*

Paragraphs are your friends. And so is the space bar after the comma.

I was gonna mention that as well. It's kind of painful to read because all the squinting beings to hurt your eyes. I didn't even bother to read it. But, to each his own. *shrugs shoulders and walks away*

Grub
6th Jul 2009, 4:25 AM
I would like...

Weather. Hot, cold, clear and cloudy, rain and snow, sleet and hail. And keep this away from being frustrating. Don't have people who jog get worn out in cold or hot weather - just give them an aesthetic change in clothing. But do add traits for "enjoys hot weather", "enjoys cold weather", "enjoys rain", "enjoys snow". Would also mean increasing # of traits per sim, but TBH this was kinda small to begin with.

Build mode. Yeah, it's Sims 3 and we still have pretty much the same dang build mode as in Sims 1. The only stairs in your house are gigantic staircases that go only straight? How many houses actually have staircases like this? Most real stairs have a landing of some kind that allows the staircase to change directions and take up less space. Also, let us build our own new towns, please! And I wouldn't mind an easier way to make basements, either. Perhaps also allow increased freedom for vertical and horizontal placement of things such as windows.

Travel - Have it so your sims can leave the neighborhood and go to other neighborhoods or perhaps even vacation areas.

Misc - I would like to swim in the sea or go fishing from a sailboat. I want to check out the lighthouse island in Sunset Valley!

More careers - They don't have to be terribly complicated, just make them more plentiful. The current choices are a bit lacking.

Ranissa
6th Jul 2009, 4:58 AM
- A children-focused EP.

I like this idea very much. My Sims always attempt to repopulate Simland, so this would make my game a lot more fun.

- A celebrity/superstar/fame EP.

If they make this one like Superstar for Sims 1, count me out. It was boring as heck to me and required more micromanagement than I even liked and I play with no free will!

I hope EA keeps adding a mixture of the previous EP's instead of one theme at a time. I do miss some of my TS2 EP's, but I have enjoyed the fact that TS3 has several features from different EP's past.

This, most definitely this. To be honest, I almost always pick up a new expansion because there's always something in it I like. I wouldn't pick up a "monster" expansion (mummies and vampires and zombies, oh my) but if it came with some cool stuff...I'm a sucker.

-StarrY-
6th Jul 2009, 5:21 AM
- A party/holiday/celebration EP. Expand the party ideas, make weddings more memorable, add baby showers, graduation parties, block parties.
I would love this! It would be great if there are more party activities like the bubble blower and stuff in TS2, and I would love to give/receive presents on birthday/wedding parties.

stygia2002
6th Jul 2009, 6:01 AM
I would love this! It would be great if there are more party activities like the bubble blower and stuff in TS2, and I would love to give/receive presents on birthday/wedding parties.

I love this idea...I actually enjoyed "planning" weddings and parties for my sims (I'd actually have my brides go shopping for a wedding dress and plan which hairstyle they'd have, etc.)...and birthday parties were really fun. If they do anything for birthday parties, I think they should do something like give you the option to hire "characters" like a clown (I'm terrified of clowns so I wouldn't be using that one), a dinosaur/Godzilla, cheesy magician or something like that. Maybe they could do it like they did in Sims 1 with the exotic dancer that popped out of the cake...buy the object and hire the various characters by clicking on their object.

happycowlover
6th Jul 2009, 8:44 AM
Here’s an idea for a Nightlife + House Party remake. The Sims 3: After Hours. New features:

-EP style- Dressed to Impress: very trendy clothes, simplistic clothes, modern furniture, futuristic clothing and furniture, romantic clothes & furniture
-New skills: Dance, Singing, Magic Trick, Bartender
-New careers: Dance, Entertainment, (from Free Time), and Extreme careers. Top of Dance Career- World-Renowned Ballet Dancer or Legendary Choreographer. Top of Entertainment- Mystic or Clown Expertise. Top of Extreme-Knievel’s Protégé
-New dances. Clumsy sims often fall down or step on their dancers’ toes. School dances at school (occur like stadium games) and dance competitions at dance studio
-New buildings: nightclub (visible building), dance studio (rabbit hole for Dance career unfortunately), cyber-café (visible building), community center (rabbit hole for Extreme career)
-New objects and interactions: hot tubs, pool tables, poker table, cards (kids too), spin the bottle, blender machine (sims get ‘Winded Down’ moodlet LOL), deep fryer (sims get ‘Finger Lickin’ Good!’ moodlet), magic tricks, juggling, family kiss, nursery rhymes, more instruments including microphone, piano, and keyboard, blog on computer, prank call, more electronics, Request Day Off From Work, gve gifts, table interactions, bring back the dating system and outings!
New foods: Candy, comfort foods: brownies, fried chicken, loaded baked potato, sweet tea, soda (although I hate soda, it seems weird for my sims not to have it available to them), donuts. Take-out from restaurants.
-Romantic interactions: Cuddle under the stars, hot tub options, slow dance, shy flirt (with the chance of sim hit on feeling awkward), kiss hand, rub noses, write love letter, goose, woohoo in hot tub, woohoo at spa.
-Kids should be allowed crushes called Puppy Love where they could hold hands, hug, compliment, write a love note, rub noses, give pecks on the cheek, tease and go on ‘kiddie dates’. All would be totally innocent interactions. Kids do these things in real life, so why not in the game?
-Parties: Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, baby showers, sleepovers, ACTUAL WEDDING OBJECTS (champagne, wedding arch, wedding cake, throwing the bouquet, ect.)
-Toddler-to-toddler interactions: Huggle needs to come back! Give Toy (gives any toy in toddler’s inventory to another toddler), babble, grab at (like how toddlers IRL like to touch each others’ faces and basically get to know each other), Meaniehead interaction (Evil toddlers will tease and make other toddlers cry), Playdates for toddlers
-Child-to-toddler interactions: Seriously, kids can’t do anything with their younger siblings? Tease, tickle, talk, family kiss, nursery rhyme, give toy, give bottle (IRL older children can be responsible to give bottles to toddlers under parent supervison)
-Absent-Minded sims: Daydream option
-Child-to-Child interactions: Horseplay, Mary Mack, cops and robbers, foot fighting at table

After typing this, I got inspired to do one for a Superstar and Free Time remake. :bunny:

cybergrrl
6th Jul 2009, 9:48 AM
I would love to see an extra-terrestrial expansion! I was so disappointed when I found out there are no alien abductions. That is my favourite feature in the Sims 2 and I always wished for more stuff like this in the Sims 2. This could include different alien species, travelling to other planets, a new neighbourhood that looks like it is on the moon, alien animal and plants, sims growing tails or antennas and the like. I did not think that through completely yet, i might come up with some new ideas soon...

Also, I loooove the idea of the "kid expansion" with field trips and more school activity and so on :-)

aurian
6th Jul 2009, 10:19 AM
Definitely would love to see a child/teen oriented expansion (since children are the future! :P), as well as something season/weather related... I miss this in Sims 3 - as do many of you, by the sound of it!)

However, I think the first expansion will give players the capability to create neighbours (and/or go inside existing community lots). Probably a 'Nightlife' sort of one, which revolutionised Sims 2 for me. ;)

icu2richelo
6th Jul 2009, 10:58 AM
Some things I think are NECESSARY in the game to keep me happy:

- Sim-Owned Businesses: I want an Open For Business-like expansion but it should have differences, like different kinds of businesses. Have malls that a sim can own one shop in... Not the whole mall! This made malls pointless to me in The Sims 2...

- Add more challenges to the game. Right now, the game's only goals are to get a job... And once you've gotten promoted to a higher position (no matter what job you've got) you're making 5x what you need to live off of. Jobs that barely pay the bills would be preferable. I want my sims to have something to work hard for. Maybe make special items that can only be acquired by difficult means... Like massive amounts of a new currency (Like magicoins, or vacation tickets from TS1). Or some point-based scale with rewards (Like aspirations rewards)

- Please give me an actually interesting sim creature... Ghosts are so lame. Once you've seen what they all look like, they're instantly pointless. I want a creature with special abilities that actual make a significant impact on gameplay. Like witches and magic spells, only they don't have to make witches first.

- My God! Give us memories! Or some kind of system so we can look back on what a sim has done with their life if we're playing them for the first time.

- If they can't modify the Simolean distribution system, then at least make some more luxurious furniture priced insanely high so my sims with $100,000 in their household funds after going to work for two weeks can have something to spend it on!

crocobaura
6th Jul 2009, 11:12 AM
- If they can't modify the Simolean distribution system, then at least make some more luxurious furniture priced insanely high so my sims with $100,000 in their household funds after going to work for two weeks can have something to spend it on!

Maybe they should just add a function on the mailbox that lets you donate to your favourite charity whatever amount you want. Or maybe donate to another sim.

starved4pizza
6th Jul 2009, 3:17 PM
Medieval stuffs!!! I want some fantasy stuff, namely, well... Final Fantasy stuff. XD I've been on a serious FF6 binge lately (the 2nd best game evar, after Sims stuff), and I've had an urge to wanna make neighorhoods and Sims in the game's honor. That said, I reeeeeeaaaaally hope Enala's skins can make a Sims 3 comeback... Or at least something similar. *nod*

Syera
6th Jul 2009, 4:43 PM
Medieval stuffs!!! I want some fantasy stuff, namely, well... Final Fantasy stuff.
Why do you people keep asking for stuff you want from 3rd party creators in an EP speculation thread?

It's also already possible to create reasonable FF6 Sims. (http://images.springhole.net/sims/ts3_terra.jpg)

One thing I seriously want to see is elf ears. You'd have thought EA could at least add a pointiness slider, but oh, no...

Chazemataz
6th Jul 2009, 4:44 PM
If the expansion pack is a vacation remake, then I'll end up uninstalling and re-installing TS2. What the heck, thats proabbly the EASIEST one to make, just add an extra location in a seperate neighborhood format to go to and thats vacation.

There are SO much more interesting ideas to use, but they pick the easiest. The best by far would be a magical EP, or the like because i miss the creatures and stuff from TS2. EAxis of evil sucks.

Angstrom
6th Jul 2009, 5:49 PM
If the expansion pack is a vacation remake, then I'll end up uninstalling and re-installing TS2. What the heck, thats proabbly the EASIEST one to make, just add an extra location in a seperate neighborhood format to go to and thats vacation.

That is probably why they make it the first expansion.

The first expansion pack will sell, regardless of content.

Late expansion packs must deliver more value to be marketable.

AmalijaDig
6th Jul 2009, 6:52 PM
I want want see in expansion packs: Taits:shy,greedy,collector,animal lover,dislikes animals,dislikes plants,prideful, Pets:panda,pig,wolf,dogs,cats,japaness fighting fish,cows,sheep,meerkats,goats,mice,rats,bears,raccoon,turtle,boar,penguin,bunny,rabbit,squirrel,monkey,weasels,horses,ostriches,chickens,duck,crows,dragons,silkworms,bat,vampire bat, new things pets do:Get eggs form chickens,ducks and ostriches,milk form cows and gaots,get to ride on horses,if evil get monkey to steal money form sims,get silk form silkworms,wool form sheep, Building:shoping mall,clothing shop,pet shop, Be able to make own town Hair:very long hair male and female,curly hair male and female,inuyasha hair male and famale,inuyasha's brother hair male,anime hair male and famale,sailor moon hair female,japaness hair,gothic hair male and famale..
God, I dont even want to try to read that XD

I would like to see (much like others have suggested) buisness EPs. I loved opening my own little bakery in The Sims2! :] Maybe we could have art shoppes and plant shoppes too.

6th Jul 2009, 7:22 PM
I want the sims 2:bon voyage remake!!!!I want them to actually go cruising and on airplanes with airports of course.I want to make my own destinations like China or Germany where they can fly to in the airplane.

catnip834
6th Jul 2009, 8:05 PM
Werewolf or Vampire job can be how high they are in a clan.Fell out window death is done by spouse that is a golddigger.Shy is differect form loner they want be around sim but are they don't have courage to.loner can be around but don't want to be around sim.they don't have fast food jobs where cars drive around building to get food.You can't get marry to big foot in sims2 without a heck.I want my all my town full of monsters.New lifetime wishes raise 10 animals,(vampire,werewolf,zombie,)kill 15 sims or monster hunthers,monster hunther kill 15 monsters.More sims on house lot then 8 like 12.

Wizaerd
6th Jul 2009, 8:25 PM
I'd like something for my Evil Genius sim to do, other than steal candy from a baby... Seriously, that's the extent of the evil interactions? I want to build an evil lair, build evil robotos to do my bidding, I want to build a mind control device to control other NPC sims and make them do my bidding. I want to blow up the police station, I want to be on the criminal path and do some actual crimes...

raindrops84
6th Jul 2009, 8:27 PM
Build mode. Yeah, it's Sims 3 and we still have pretty much the same dang build mode as in Sims 1. The only stairs in your house are gigantic staircases that go only straight? How many houses actually have staircases like this? Most real stairs have a landing of some kind that allows the staircase to change directions and take up less space. Also, let us build our own new towns, please! And I wouldn't mind an easier way to make basements, either. Perhaps also allow increased freedom for vertical and horizontal placement of things such as windows.

I think you have hit some very good points there and I agree!! Especially the stairs and basement.

The fact that they removed the option to make your own town is ridiculous and I fully expect that it will be restored in the near future (I hope... :blink: ).

As far as EP's.... I want to see pets+farm animals EP (I miss having a sim cat), and a magic EP (one that was actually NOT and afterthought like apartment life witches) and a downtown/nightlife/superstar type of EP. As for the rest, surprise me ;)

kennyinbmore
6th Jul 2009, 8:27 PM
anything except Magic and Superstar crap

Syanoko
6th Jul 2009, 8:31 PM
Maybe they should just add a function on the mailbox that lets you donate to your favourite charity whatever amount you want. Or maybe donate to another sim.
-
Your sim has to have the good trait to donate to charities, I think.
But, there's several you can donate to.

Wizaerd
6th Jul 2009, 8:37 PM
Your sim has to have the good trait to donate to charities, I think.
But, there's several you can donate to.

An Evil Sim can also donate, to undermine the charity

Lunarsea
6th Jul 2009, 8:57 PM
The Sims 3: Hero Adventures!

Let's face it; TS3 already has so many RPG-like features, why not go the extra mile?

-A new rabbit hole will become available: the Adventurer's Guild! Become a full-time hero, or just take a quest now and then.
-Smelted metals and gemstones will be used to make weapons and armor.
-Sims can slay monsters in the wilderness.
-New stuff to gather, including herbs that can be used to make potions - some will help your Sim in combat; others will effect their day-to-day lives.
-Increase your Strength stat by increasing your Body skill!
-New skills, such as Aim for gunners/archers!
-Shiny new fantasy buy/build stuff, clothing, and hair, including CHAINMAIL BIKINIS!

...Just kidding. Mostly. :P
I like it :up:

A children-focused EP. In both TS2 and TS3, there isn't much to do with babies, toddlers, children and teenagers. Personally, I don't like having children in-game because there isn't nothing to do with them. That EP would include school vacations, daycare centers, nannies, private schools, a possible homeschool option, FIELD TRIPS filled with endless opportunities, extracurricular activities like ballet, football, girl/boy scouts, NEW and BETTER looking clothes, more hairstyles, more children's toys, school socials, graduation, flunking a grade, summer school -- the list could go on.
I'd love that. I completely agree that there's not enough stuff for the younger generations to do in the sims and I get terribly bored with kids.

I'd like a stuff/expansion pack that gives us the ability to make our own neighborhoods again. I'd like to make theamed neighborhoods again or just build my own neighborhood from scratch. Just feels like there's more control that way. Personal preference obviously.

A paranormal one would be nice, that included magic, aliens, vampires and other possible magical creatures. I like the wackiness in ts2 that seems to be missing from ts3.

A business one again, where you can run a home business, a lot based business, or something I'd like is perhaps a market to be set up somewhere in the towns where sims can rent stalls and sell their items on that. I think it'd be really cute and would work well in ts3. I'd like it if they opened up the rabbitholes in this one.

I'd like weather and a GOOD animal expansion pack too including farm, pets and zoos. Possibly university if they made it fun.

Of course, I don't really mind what EA makes as long as it's good.

Syera
6th Jul 2009, 9:25 PM
Werewolf or Vampire job can be how high they are in a clan.
Oh, I get it. Like Scientology, only with fangs instead of lawyers.

Rikachu
6th Jul 2009, 9:59 PM
Here’s an idea for a Nightlife + House Party remake. The Sims 3: After Hours. New features:

-EP style- Dressed to Impress: very trendy clothes, simplistic clothes, modern furniture, futuristic clothing and furniture.
-New skills: Dance, Singing, Magic Trick, Bartender
-New careers: Dance, Entertainment, (from Free Time), and Extreme careers. Top of Dance Career- World-Renowned Ballet Dancer or Legendary Choreographer. Top of Entertainment- Mystic or Clown Expertise. Top of Extreme-Knievel’s Protégé
-New dances. Clumsy sims often fall down or step on their dancers’ toes. School dances at school (occur like stadium games) and dance competitions at dance studio
-New buildings: nightclub (visible building), dance studio (rabbit hole for Dance career unfortunately), cyber-café (visible building), community center (rabbit hole for Extreme career)
-New objects and interactions: hot tubs, pool tables, poker table, cards (kids too), spin the bottle, blender machine (sims get ‘Winded Down’ moodlet LOL), deep fryer (sims get ‘Finger Lickin’ Good!’ moodlet), magic tricks, juggling, family kiss, nursery rhymes, more instruments including microphone, piano, and keyboard, blog on computer, prank call, more electronics, Request Day Off From Work, gve gifts, table interactions, bring back the dating system and outings!
New foods: Candy, comfort foods: brownies, fried chicken, loaded baked potato, sweet tea, soda (although I hate soda, it seems weird for my sims not to have it available to them), donuts. Take-out from restaurants.
-Romantic interactions: Cuddle under the stars, hot tub options, slow dance, shy flirt (with the chance of sim hit on feeling awkward), kiss hand, rub noses, write love letter, goose, woohoo in hot tub, woohoo at spa.
-Kids should be allowed crushes called Puppy Love where they could hold hands, hug, compliment, write a love note, rub noses, give pecks on the cheek, and go on ‘kiddie dates’. All would be totally innocent interactions. Kids do these things in real life, so why not in the game?
-Parties: Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, baby showers, sleepovers, ACTUAL WEDDING OBJECTS (champagne, wedding arch, wedding cake, throwing the bouquet, ect.)
-Toddler-to-toddler interactions: Huggle needs to come back! Give Toy (gives any toy in toddler’s inventory to another toddler), babble, grab at (like how toddlers IRL like to touch each others’ faces and basically get to know each other), Meaniehead interaction (Evil toddlers will tease and make other toddlers cry), Playdates for toddlers
-Child-to-toddler interactions: Seriously, kids can’t do anything with their younger siblings? Tease, tickle, talk, family kiss, nursery rhyme, give toy, give bottle (IRL older children can be responsible to give bottles to toddlers under parent supervison)
-Absent-Minded sims: Daydream option
-Child-to-Child interactions: Horseplay, Mary Mack, cops and robbers, foot fighting at table

After typing this, I got inspired to do one for a Superstar and Free Time remake. :bunny:

If they do this, I will kneel down and kiss their shoes.

FuryFanFiction
6th Jul 2009, 10:23 PM
Hmmm...

Cruises: Sims spend 3 or 4 sim days on a cruise for vacation and stuff while the ship goes out around the ocean and you can see the land. Also, for vacations, the cruise ship will take you to the location, but you would also spend a couple days on the cruise ship first, while it travels. Also, for people who don't want to take the cruise, there would be the plane option. There is a place in Sunset Valley that looks like it could be a future dock. So it could be foreshadowing.

Werewolves, Vampires and Aliens: These are the three I really want. I didn't really care for the others (especially Plant!Sims, blech) in Sims 2, but I want these in Sims 3.

Looks like University is coming. Hopefully the University will either be in the towns, or the new town it is in will be just as big and just as wonderful.

Speaking of towns: I can't stress this enough. We need create-a-neighborhood back!!!!

stygia2002
6th Jul 2009, 11:10 PM
If they are doing a career based EP it would be perfect to have it include college and new careers. But it needs to make sense...University was really stupid that way. Some of the careers where you needed a degree to get them made no sense, yet there were other careers where it would make sense to need a degree that any sim could open the paper and get. If they're going to do something with careers it would be nice for them to get it right this time. Just my opinion of course. ;)

Angstrom
6th Jul 2009, 11:18 PM
Law and Education would feel very relevant to a University EP.

Since the Science career seems biology-oriented, it should get a new branch, more oriented towards physics or chemistry.

seraphime
7th Jul 2009, 3:49 AM
crossing fingers for a superstar remake

Syanoko
7th Jul 2009, 3:56 AM
An Evil Sim can also donate, to undermine the charity
-
xD
Oh, that's Just so kind of them.

happycowlover
7th Jul 2009, 7:01 AM
The Sims 3: Higher Learning Combination of University and Free Time

-EP styles: Collegiate and Homebody: Geeky outfits & hairstyles, conservative outfits, disheveled & cheap-looking outfits, cheap & torn furniture (let’s face it, college is expensive), simple furniture, country furniture, country clothes & hair, comfortable-looking outfits & hair, comfy-looking furniture
-Majors: Most from University, Medicine, Culinary Arts, Journalism, Music, Fashion, Education
-New Careers: Fashion, Psychology (Stem from Medicine), Education, Law, Acting
-New skills: Computing, sewing, robot-making, pottery, candle & perfume making, soccer, basketball, swimming, badminton, herbal medicines, movie making
-Harder colleges: In University, college was nowhere near hard as it is IRL. Sims would have to pay every semester (tuition depending on school) in order to stay. Sims would also have to take an SAT-like test and pass it in order to get in.
-3 college choices: There’d be 3 university options: Sunrise Community College (take classes at community college rabbit hole in town), Soleil University (college town/area, regular priced), Sim State University (college town/area, expensive). SCC would require a C or higher but no SAT scores. SU would require a B or above, good SAT scores, and three references. SSU would require an A or above, great SAT scores, three references, and a part-time job. Any sim, teen & up, would be able to get in as long as they passed the SAT-like test and made good grades in HS. Teens would be able to get a jumpstart at their college career by taking classes at the community college. Also, sims could hold work full-time while at college
-Exams & Finals: Instead of everyone having to do a term paper at the end of each semester, it’d depend on your major. A Fashion major may have to sew 3 garments, a History major may have to write a report on a historic building, a Drama major may have to put on a Stellar performance
-Job requirements: Medical, Law, Business, Education, and Journalism, would require majors to advance. Being realistic, you wouldn’t make it far in the medical or law field without majors.
-Opportunities: Sims with degrees may be called to other towns to solve problems as special Opportunities. When they do, sims go off-screen for a few sim hours then return with reward. Graduated sims can also start at higher positions
-New foods: Snack machines, more junk food (to symbolize college life), more “family” foods (casseroles, turkey, ham, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled trout)
-New objects & interactions: Badminton set, basketball hoop, soccer goal, diving boards, new swimming options, small track field, cycling (as an activity) sewing machine, candle-making set, perfume-making set, robot assembly station, ‘Show Off Tailored Outfit’, book clubs, chemistry set, cars, car creation, Myshuno!, Don’t Wake the Llama, relax in sand, herbs, herb mixing station, bowling, more dances, more instruments, yoga, karate, meditation, camcorder, cameras, photography (can edit photos), rock climbing station, go-carts, ‘Serious Conversation’ from parents (all younger sims would get bored except No Sense of Humor and Workaholic sims), ‘The Talk’ from parents (teen sims would get embarrassed) blowup pools for toddlers, ‘Girl Talk’ and ‘Boy Talk’ for kids & teens, hang out, ice cream maker, ‘Dance with Toddler’ for child and up sims, musical chairs, ‘Observe Sim’ for toddlers (makes sense since babies & toddlers always like to stare and observe your actions), hula hoop, pool tables
-Child-to-Child: Hopscotch, Jump Rope, Hide & Seek, Monkey in the Middle, Duck Duck Goose, Simon Says, Leapfrog
-Toddler-to-Toddler: Steal Ice Cream, Eat Dirt, Play in Kiddie Pool

SoCalSimz
7th Jul 2009, 9:26 AM

I love you.

StupidityKills
7th Jul 2009, 12:39 PM
I would like to see:

More other company collabs -yeah its all about the $$$ but I thought the H&M & Ikea stuffs were fabulous! oooh! Topshop! XD

More lots in the hood! there's so much natural space, and yeah that's nice and all... but I want more lots :(

The Sims 3: Higher Learning Combination of University and Free Time
Yes!
Higher-education for young adults. No I don't want to play the uni life (dear lordy no, not that again! It can be like the current high-school situation) but I would like it to be an option that aging up teenagers who are more academically inclined can choose for a portion of their young-adult life. I agree that this should involve choosing majors/subjects that will help them advance faster in related careers in the future as well as unlocking new opportunities both at uni and in their future careers. Also, the length of time it takes to complete the degree should vary according to subject. Longer for medicine, shorter for media studies and such.

Proper getting in and out of cars / onto bikes animations!
Cos..geez!? :wtf:

Angstrom
7th Jul 2009, 4:16 PM
I agree that a University EP could be combined with many of the features from Free Time.

The "college life" of University would work much better on the TS3 engine. Especially with the seamless neighborhood.

I also agree that education for children and teens should be fleshed out. They should get the opportunity to improve skills at school, specializing in some kind of subjects. Math (logic), science (gardening & fishing), civics (charisma), Simlish (writing), art (painting), music (guitar), woodwork (handiness), home economics (cooking) or physical education (athletic) would feel natural.

stygia2002
7th Jul 2009, 5:29 PM
I was thinking about this last night before I went to bed...I'd like for college to be available to more age groups (not toddlers and kids of course!) so that adults, and even elders could go to college if they wanted to get into a career that required college. When I was in college there were alot of "non-traditional students" (myself included)...it would be cool if EA made that possible in a college/careers EP...I'd actually be excited about buying it.

happycowlover
7th Jul 2009, 5:42 PM
I was thinking about this last night before I went to bed...I'd like for college to be available to more age groups (not toddlers and kids of course!) so that adults, and even elders could go to college if they wanted to get into a career that required college. When I was in college there were alot of "non-traditional students" (myself included)...it would be cool if EA made that possible in a college/careers EP...I'd actually be excited about buying it.

That's what I suggested too. Some people decide to go to college after having a good job and family.

Angstrom, your idea sounds really cool but instead of home ec. for cooking, I think home economics should be for sewing if/when it comes and culinary arts for cooking.

Dafoe2029
7th Jul 2009, 6:06 PM
I like the idea of an OFB expansion. One where you can either own your own home bussiness or you can own and actually work at the rabbit holes.

I also like Weather and pets. If they did both at the same time that would be great!

Syera
7th Jul 2009, 7:05 PM
I also like Weather and pets. If they did both at the same time that would be great!
Kind of brings a new meaning to the expression "raining cats and dogs."

stoicsitz
8th Jul 2009, 1:14 AM
I really miss the weather aspect of the game. It's not normal to always be sunny. Especially if you live in pennsylvania where it's sunny then turns into torrential downpour a second later :wtf: . And I REALLY miss makin' magic from TS1. That was the best expansion pack in my opinion.
I've been searching to find any traces or hints from EA on what they will do for the first EP. I haven't found ANYTHING. Anyone seen anything? :report:

Angstrom
8th Jul 2009, 6:20 AM
I would like the panelling and skirting-bords to be 3-dimensional, and placed separately on top of the wallpaper, so you can make any combination. This kind of real panels should be rather expensive.

That would be perfect for a Do-it-yourself mod.

"But TS3 already has panelling" you might say.

No. TS3 has wallpaper painted as panelling. It is completely flat, and the shadows don't change with the light.

happycowlover
8th Jul 2009, 6:25 AM
stoicsitz, right here:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/happycowlover/Screenshot-92.jpg

I've had this snapshot for weeks now and I've always thought, "Why is there an advertisment for travelling when there is no travel?" Now I finally know why. The airplane flying in the sky sometimes is a big hint too.

Rikachu
8th Jul 2009, 6:28 AM
Yeah, I think Destination Adventure is a big, fat, yes.

aeval99
8th Jul 2009, 7:19 AM
Or fangs and lawyers. Sims 3:Wolfram and Hart

Sims and Joss Whedon would go well together, I think. :jest:

Thanatozz
8th Jul 2009, 9:53 AM
Sims 3: "Meet the neighbours", or "Going to town" or "Hit the streets"

The big new feature of sims 3 seems to be the seemless neighbourhood. So how sad is it that 90% of the time you go into it, it's only to disappear into a rabbithole after all? Almost looks like they couldn't figure out a proper reason for people to go into the neighbourhood so they tossed around some rocks and bugs for people to gather while they figure out what to do with it. Besides, even when you collected them they're pretty pointless. Any expansion will have to really improve the seemless neighbourhood.

There need to be more types of open community lots (not rabbit holes). More activities to take place in. A barbecue-fest? That's all they could think of? Clubs, bars, dances, arcades, bowling alleys, ice rinks! Places to go and have fun with those neighbours.

What's up with this mailman? He regularly tosses my bills on the floor, he rummages through my garbage, but worst of all, he's holding back all my invitations! :cry: Where are all the parties dammit! I'd be pretty miffed if my best friend didn't invite me to their wedding IRL.

The second big new thing is the personality traits. Yet it seems that they're only being used to determine how townies REACT when we interact with them. Townies should behave according to their personality, even when we're not looking. This also looks to me like the reason why we barely get to know anything about their lives. Gotta read the newspaper to get some sparse info on what's going on. If you'd be able to see their memories it'd be too obvious how random they really are. But for cryin out loud, the sims is all about storytelling so why is 95% of it randomly generated and not being told?

If they can make townies behave properly, it would make sense to allow user created NH's with all their diverse families. As it is now, a new NH is just the same behaviour all over, just with some different faces and buildings. So fix the AI and give the users the power to create!

One of the sims 2 expansions that would best fit into this is pets I think. What better reason to go to the park than to walk your dog? Pets would add numerous activities for all age groups as well.

Where's the love? Romance seems to have been stripped to the bone. Where did all the woohoo options go? I miss that hot tub already! Gifts would work well too. We already have inv. items, why not be able to give them? So next time I give my sims' teenage daughter a car, she will actually care. Add some more small gift items like toys, perfume and candy/chocolates.

Finally with all the ideas about a vacation EP, I was thinking recreational vehicles. A couple of sizes and luxury levels. They function like a car but you can park them on special community lots and then use them as little portable rabbit holes to eat, sleep, shower or use the bathroom. perfect for a vacation at the beach without having to go home.

quinkblue
8th Jul 2009, 1:31 PM

I wish they'd release something really NEW and unexpected. I miss Seasons, I think TS3 will look beautiful with Seasons and can hardly wait to see that, but something new would be very interesting. Also, I need a city editor.

baglady215
8th Jul 2009, 1:38 PM
Not necessarily an expansion, but I would love for TS3 to implement some kind of financial system. Remember when TS1 had the household budget? I would love to see a bank/ATM, a household checking account to pay the bills, personal savings accounts, loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc.

ghostanimal
8th Jul 2009, 3:57 PM
I think we should have an animal pack! You know, not just dogs and cats. Those were boring. I think they should throw in some horses, cows, sheep, and other animals. Maybe even a monkey or something?

I think that they should let children and teens have sleepover parties! They could make pop-corn, watch a horror movie, play cards, sneak out and (for girls) give each other make-overs!

I would also like to see more career choices, such as modeling or even getting the same job as an NPC, like a maid or something! Or even a farmer or fashion designer.

For children, I think more school options should be called for! I mean, what about field trips, half-days, school vacations, and after-school sports like football and basketball? Plus, what happened to Middle School? I like that they added detention.

Day care and a half-day kindergarten would be cool for toddlers.

I also like the Art and Kid Expansion idea!

I think it would be cool if you could, if you were in the Journalism career, actually write out all the newspaper articles (I haven't played that career yet, so if you can already, don't yell at me)

I also think we need more hobbies, like skateboarding, or something like that.

For household budget, I think it'd be cool if the kids and teens had their own private budget and got allowances and stuff.

I think that they should have a holiday pack, where during certain seasons they actually celebrate holidays or events such as Valentine's Day or Christmas! Of course, some people may not celebrate it which may be a problem, but still.

I think that for male gay Sims, they could go to the hospital and ask for a surrogate mother. For lesbian Sims, go to the hospital and do that invetro fertial thing or whatever. Hey, don't sue me. I happen to really like making gay Sims. Not to make fun of them, but because I support it. Again, don't sue me.

Also, when the Sim mom is in labor, I really doubt she'd ride on her bike to the ER. PLEASE have an ambulance!

Locking doors and gates! I don't like people walking onto my property! I make my Sims shoo them away! PLEASE make locking gates and doors! Also, my child Sims keep walking in on my adult Sims making babies. >>

Sims can donate the bodies of the dead to the hospital or the lab for experiments and body transplants.

More toys for the kids! I mean, come on! A stuffed animal, toy box, toy oven, doll house and two dinky little tot toys? COME ON!

Carseats. I HATE having to leave my kids alone with a babysitter that eats me out of house and home. I want the option to take my kids with me in a carseat!

Just changing a diaper doesn't make a kid clean! I want the sink bathing and bathtub again!

Sims kids and teens take a backpack to school and can choose whether to pack a lunch or buy.

Medicine! If you get sick, you can take medicine from the hospital, or take a vitamin. Also, the option to make the Sims diabetic.

Periods. Lol, I want to see teen and older female Sims get PMS from periods, and have to buy pads and tampons from the store.

Pregnancy tests. You don't know your eggo is preggo until you take one.

Also, let's make the pregnancy a bit longer.

Snooping! I want to see my child Sim poke around in his teen sister's diary! BTW, diaries need to come back!

LAUNDRY! I think the Sims need to start doing laundry, teen Sims and up!

Pay for gas. Yeah, free gas is nice, but not realistic. It'll also open up a part-time job.

This may sound perverted, but woo-hoo in different places. Who only does it in their bed when their at home? If they are alone in the room, I think they should be able to do it on the couch, floor or table. A big puffy cloud can cover them, and maybe even the shower? It could steam up or something.

Don't kill me! Teen woo-hoo. It and teen pregnancy happen in real life, but we can just make pregnancy not an option.

Now here comes the demon in me.

Criminal/Evil Sims can kill, and Sims that are really upset can kill themselves.

Sims can get in car crashes if they have a low driving skill. (In other words, they have to read the book before they drive) After they crash, they go to the hospital.

Sims teen and older can cut themselves

Wow. This is long. O.O

ghostanimal
8th Jul 2009, 4:02 PM
Another thing, we should all decide on the best ideas and submit them to whoever makes the Sims extension packs! >> I know it's probably just a waste of time, but pssh. It could happen!

happycowlover
8th Jul 2009, 4:42 PM
We should name your EP idea ghostanimal The Sims 3: Real Life. :lol: Many of your ideas I'd love to see in the game but I'm not too keen on murder. I wouldn't want to read the newspaper to see:

"Mistress Murder strikes again. Zach Dennis was found beaten and bloody in his bedroom at 2:00 AM last night. Medics rushed him to the hospital but he was DOA. Our condolences go out to the Dennis family." Would not be fun to experience! Then, I'd have to fear for my simmies lives because a serial killer's knocking off the neighbors.

We all should send our ideas to some EA rep. I wish I knew who though.

fido
8th Jul 2009, 5:27 PM
I would like to see our Sims have more activities, and I would like to have some control over how my Sim performs those activities. As an example: when riding a bike, I would like to be able to have my Sim either ride faster, slower, or even stop to have a chat along the way; I know it will never happen, but I wish I could do more than tell my Sims to do something, and then just set back and watch the same pre-rendered routines execute all the time.
Fido

stoicsitz
8th Jul 2009, 11:28 PM
happycowlover, where did you find that snapshot? somewhere in the neighborhood?

crocobaura
8th Jul 2009, 11:31 PM
happycowlover, where did you find that snapshot? somewhere in the neighborhood?

That's on to of the business career building.

userunknown
9th Jul 2009, 12:30 AM
If the expansion pack is a vacation remake, then I'll end up uninstalling and re-installing TS2.

Probably everyone already knows this but there saying it will be called "Virtuous Ventures" owning a business.

As for what I'd like to see,seasons of course.

ghostanimal
9th Jul 2009, 4:17 AM
Lol. It randomly came to me, and I threw down all my thoughts. The murder thing is because I'm half-insane/evil. I like to watch murder and torture on TV and I often laugh. That scares my dad xD

ghostanimal
9th Jul 2009, 5:26 AM
Sim teen and kids can have projects and reports due on a certain date.

They can get grounded.

A shopping mall!

While in the shower, female Sims teen and older have the option to shave their legs. Male sims teen and older can shave in the mirror.

Most fast foods

They can brush their hair

They have doctor and dentist appointments

Lottery baby!

Rent a DVD or buy one at a movie store.

Sims can have anniversaries! Celebrating marriage.

Smoking. Kids and under can't do it. Maybe teens

When a Sim dies, they can have a funeral

Amusement parks! This could be for birthdays!

Speaking of birthdays, WHERE IS MY PRESENTS!?

Get drunk. They can drive cars, and that's where my car crash thing comes into play again.

Internship

Nursing homes

When the mom gives birth in the hospital, she should stay a day, not come out right afterwards

Teens can cut school early.

School dances and PROM!

Sims can be anorexic (eating-disorder)

ROADTRIPS!

Natural disasters! Tornadoes, and floods?

THE CIRCUS! Carnival themed pack! Ferris wheels, clowns (They can even have a clown career track lol), those acrobats, and more!

The professional assassin career! No, they won't kill local Sims.

When they get pets, more breeds! I was heartbroken when they didn't have my Yorkie!

Celebrities! Sims can fawn and look up Sim celebrities!

Stalker: Sims can stalk other Sims

ZOO!

The James Bond career track! Super spy!

Casino! Sims Young Adult and older can go gamble at the casino!

This may be weird, but I'd like to see Sims Teen and older masturbate. Lol imagine Mommy coming in on Little Johnny touching himself xD

Honeymoon!

Business trips!

This may sound bad, but Sims teen and older can become druggies or drunk :(

On vacation, they can get stranded on a deserted island.

MEMORIES! I love the memories!

Kidnapping! For criminals and those guys who like to steal stuff only.

Sims 3: High School – You can join a group, such as the jocks, nerds, rebels, loner, or just average.

You learn from classes and gain skills (like somebody before me said but I can't remember)

Can run for school president, join band or sporrts

Different interactions- decorate friend’s locker (gain friendship), prank principle/teacher (get detention), tease kids (become bully), pass notes in class/leave notes in locker, develop deeper teen crushes, can have mate stolen/can steal another’s mate, hang out by stairs, ditch class, ignore person or stalk them, peer pressure to dress like friends or be kicked out, sleep during class

Possible relationship with teacher? As in romantic? For Teen Sims and above only.

That reminds me, I want my Sims to be a teacher again!

If wanting to get higher in social ladder, can sit with people at lunch, also can be outcasted at lunch

Yearbooks!

ghostanimal
9th Jul 2009, 9:10 AM
Oh! This came to me when I was talking to my friend! We were talking about her pregnancy, and she said that whenever her husband kissed her, he also kissed her stomach where the baby was! I thought that was really sweet, so I think that the Sims should have the option to kiss a pregnant stomach. I know, it's weird but I think it's REALLY cute.

Gangreless
9th Jul 2009, 9:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember them being able to do that. They can talk to baby and rub stomach, etc...

ghostanimal
9th Jul 2009, 9:23 AM
They can only listen, talk and feel the baby. No kiss

MiMiN86
9th Jul 2009, 11:55 AM
that would be awesome i remember the sims 1 SUPERSTAR that was my favorite one to play to be an actress/actor :king: or makin' magic but the way it was in the sims 1 with fairies and whatnot didnt like apartment life witches too much alittle boring. :anime:

I already posted this before, but whatever. I'll post it again.

An "Arts" EP. Sims could play various musical instruments, form a band, do modeling, acting, and sculpturing. It would kind of be like an advanced version of Superstar. This would be a good EP to add nightclubs and bars.

That would probably be the best for me.

Angstrom
10th Jul 2009, 12:05 AM
I would like the option to hold funeral parties.

There could also be a generic "house of life" (non-religious church) at the graveyard, where birthdays, weddings and funerals could be held. At this house there could be an Officiant (non-religious priest) who could comfort Sims in despair.

stygia2002
10th Jul 2009, 7:36 AM
I would like the option to hold funeral parties.

There could also be a generic "house of life" (non-religious church) at the graveyard, where birthdays, weddings and funerals could be held. At this house there could be an Officiant (non-religious priest) who could comfort Sims in despair.

That's actually a really cool idea. I also think they should do a "romance/dating" based EP and bring back slow dancing. I was playing Sims 2 today, and I realized how much I miss that for my couples.

ghostanimal
11th Jul 2009, 4:20 AM
THE CIRCUS! Carnival themed pack! Ferris wheels, clowns (They can even have a new circus career track lol), those acrobats, and more!

Thanatozz
11th Jul 2009, 10:19 AM
that would be awesome i remember the sims 1 SUPERSTAR that was my favorite one to play to be an actress/actor :king: or makin' magic but the way it was in the sims 1 with fairies and whatnot didnt like apartment life witches too much alittle boring. :anime:

An EP around movies should include lots of props and options for players to make all sorts of machinima. Those could be shared with other players and shown in the theatre (open it up so we can watch as well !!). Give players more creativity options :)

happycowlover
11th Jul 2009, 5:16 PM
I'm not too keen on an EP entirely made of machinima features. That feature caters to a certain audience and to those that don't, they won't find any use in the items. A person could say not to buy a unwanted EP, but that'd be an EP that could have had better items. The only way I'd feel comfortable with that is if they added the machinima features to a Superstar remake so both fans would be happy.

Thanatozz
11th Jul 2009, 5:29 PM
I'm not too keen on an EP entirely made of machinima features. That feature caters to a certain audience and to those that don't, they won't find any use in the items. A person could say not to buy a unwanted EP, but that'd be an EP that could have had better items. The only way I'd feel comfortable with that is if they added the machinima features to a Superstar remake so both fans would be happy.

I didn't mean an EP geared solely towards machinima creators. Of course they need to make EP's that target a broad audience. But when making EP's they shouldn't just look at sims 1 and 2 EP's......they need to look beyond that towards more community features. They can go look at the makers of spore if they need inspiration. Sharing content needs to go beyond sharing your 4 color settings for a texture if you know what I mean. There's so much more that can be done.

ghostanimal
12th Jul 2009, 4:27 PM
You know, I was planning a birthday party for my sim teen. I could choose between formal, casual and swim. I couldn't pick between formal and casual. Maybe they should have a semi-formal. You know, dressed nice but not completely casual or formal.

Angstrom
12th Jul 2009, 5:37 PM
I would really like a Scouting organization. Of course non-religious and co-educational.

That would fit well into a Sims 3: Extreme or a Sims 3: Adventure expansion.

Mikokat12
12th Jul 2009, 6:02 PM
Oh i have Loads !

Sims 3: Prom
*Buy and make prom dresses
*ask people to prom
*hire limos
*Traits: loves/hates dresses/tux, loves/hates proms cant/can dance
*buy punch and cake and snacks
*learn to dance

Thanatozz
12th Jul 2009, 6:45 PM
Oh i have Loads !

Sims 3: Prom
*Buy and make prom dresses
*ask people to prom
*hire limos
*Traits: loves/hates dresses/tux, loves/hates proms cant/can dance
*buy punch and cake and snacks
*learn to dance

Prom seems kind of specific to teens. Besides I think it would soon turn into one of those elaborate minigames you play once or twice and get bored with. Like Uni was for a lot of people. An EP would have to consist of more than that.

Had another cool idea that will never make it....but I can still hope ^_^
Inspired by the "religion in sims 3" thread.....nonono I'm not suggesting churches.

Sims 3 "Meet your maker" - In which you really get some godlike powers. Create neighbourhoods and populations to your liking. Power over life and death, weather, natural disasters (or some slightly less natural, alien invasion or giant servo attack anyone?) Lots of fun to be had :D

prang123
12th Jul 2009, 11:23 PM
I Have herd that they are making a exspancion pack called "Destination Adventure". That Sounds Awesome........

I am Going To Send Our Ideas To EA and MAXIS and see wat they think

THX

PRANG123
:rofl:

Gangreless
12th Jul 2009, 11:33 PM
Holy crap, smiley abuse! -10 points for each smiley with which you have blinded me.

prang123
13th Jul 2009, 12:11 AM
We Should Vote to see wat the best ideas are.
I am going to send the best one's in like i said B4.

Sorry about all the smily's i just cant get enough of them
My Favorite EP's Are..................

The Sims: Makin Magic
The Sims: House Party
The Sims: Hot Date
The Sims: Superstar
The Sims 2: Pets
The Sims 2: Apartment Life

brandon1107
13th Jul 2009, 3:00 AM
I want a more career focused expansion. Where you can be inside of the rabbit holes:

Instead of just selecting "working hard" or "business as usual" you make the choices while in work to reflect that.

Like maybe instead of going to lunch break where you can get to know your co-workers you can chose to work a little harder.

I just want a more in depth career system and I want to go into these rabbit holes even if some areas are still blocked off.

For example:

Law Enforcement Track, have the main space with cubicles and computers, but also have a few jail cells where you can interrogate criminals, and also have a lunch area to get to know co-workers.

Education Track, have the classroom where you will spend most of the time but also have a lounge.

Athletic Career, have some different fields and have a training area and a locker room.

Will introduce new objects like:
-sports fields
-chalkboard/whiteboard
-jail cell
-lockers
-different storage spaces

Will introduce new interactions like:
-interrogate
-route for sports team
-teach (insert topic hear)
-show around job

And for part-time jobs you can work as the babysitter, maid, pizza man...etc.
Cause I know I'm not the only one who always wanted my sim to be the maid.

prang123
13th Jul 2009, 3:12 AM
I want a more career focused expansion. Where you can be inside of the rabbit holes:

Instead of just selecting "working hard" or "business as usual" you make the choices while in work to reflect that.

Like maybe instead of going to lunch break where you can get to know your co-workers you can chose to work a little harder.

I just want a more in depth career system and I want to go into these rabbit holes even if some areas are still blocked off.

For example:

Law Enforcement Track, have the main space with cubicles and computers, but also have a few jail cells where you can interrogate criminals, and also have a lunch area to get to know co-workers.

Education Track, have the classroom where you will spend most of the time but also have a lounge.

Athletic Career, have some different fields and have a training area and a locker room.

Will introduce new objects like:
-sports fields
-chalkboard/whiteboard
-jail cell
-lockers
-different storage spaces

Will introduce new interactions like:
-interrogate
-route for sports team
-teach (insert topic hear)
-show around job

And for part-time jobs you can work as the babysitter, maid, pizza man...etc.
Cause I know I'm not the only one who always wanted my sim to be the maid.

I totally agree but i also think that u should be able to see inside buisness and shops/movies

DBZMerciter2005
13th Jul 2009, 3:57 AM
I'd like the following

- University (I genuinely liked that xpac)
- Pets (which will more than likely be released 4th or 5th, though pets should ALWAYS be in base game imo)
- An urban based xpac that's a cross between Superstar and Nightlife
- Vacation/Travel
- Holidays (includes stuff for all holidays as well as special interactions for said holidays)
- Seasons (perhaps combined with Holidays)

I'm sure there's more, as I liked a lot of suggestions already, but those are the ones I miss the most. I like having life be a tad more realistic. :P

LadyAudrey
13th Jul 2009, 6:18 AM
I definitely want pets in TS3, it would be fun to pick traits for them. But, I also think it would be fun to have a CSI style expansion. Nothing violent of course, just to add some intrigue to the game and expand the cop and criminal careers.

Sim Simmer
13th Jul 2009, 7:25 AM
I just hope they DON'T incorporate any of the following previous expansions.

-The Sims: Superstar
-The Sims: Makin Magic

I am looking forward to a pets expansion. It'll be nice to see if they'll do something new. I found The Sims 2 pets to be a bit boring.

starved4pizza
13th Jul 2009, 7:33 AM
I'd like something like a generational expansion pack, with various fashions and hairstyles.... 70s... 80s... 90s... ect.

ghostanimal
13th Jul 2009, 6:47 PM
I think it'd be cool if they had a Sims 3: Back in Time where you can do things from different time periods. Like, have a Sims 3 neighborhood set in the 70's, or other times

msp_teen
13th Jul 2009, 9:16 PM
I personally would love to see a remake of The University expansion, but they should try and make it more realistic, I think sims should have the option of attending school online!! I have to say the UNI was my favorite expansion pack!

DrinkBainne
13th Jul 2009, 10:51 PM
Sims 3: Architects. Drag in a whole load of new, advanced building options, such as curved walls, complete control over the sizing of doors and windows (as well as the ability to slide them up and down the wall) and whatever else they can come up with, really. Would be fun if it just added the architecture job and you unlocked more tools and abilities as you got promoted.

A remake of Makin Magic would be smashing, nothing crap like the witches in Apartment Life. I want those damn dragons back!

Syphon8
14th Jul 2009, 11:10 AM
In order for them to keep interest, they're going to have to combine the features of several EPs into single ones for TS3 remakes, and add entirely new concepts... So
the ideas we already have to work are...

TS1
-----
-Livin' Large
-House Party
-Hot Date
-Vacation
-Unleashed
-Superstar
-Makin' Magic

TS2
-----
-University
-Nightlife
-Open for Business
-Pets
-Seasons
-Bon Voyage
-Free Time
-Apartment Life
-Mansion & Garden Stuff*

*It was the only Stuff pack that contained EP features, and was labelled as EP9.

Going by this pattern, we can expect 11 EPs in TS3. The ideas EPs are based on are...

-Livin' Large/Mansion & Garden Stuff
-House Party
-Hot Date/Nightlife
-Vacation/Bon Voyage
-Unleashed/Pets
-Superstar
-Makin' Magic
-University
-Open for Business
-Seasons
-Free Time
-Apartment Life

Which, by itself gives us 12 different ideas for EPs. But, of course, some will wind up combined, because we need at least SOME new ideas. Since what we already know is the first EP is vacation based, these are my predictions for 11 EPs. Each would also include, of course, a brand new neighborhood, new objects, and new careers.

------------------------------------------------------

The Sims 3: Destinations
-----

'Satellite neighborhoods', smaller locales that can be visited via new train station rabbitholes in main neighborhoods. Tropical islands, canyons, the jungle, etc. Also, different neighborhoods can be visited with them.
The entire weather and temperature system from Seasons, but expanded. Sims can tan, or grow pale. Also, weather affects wants.
Introduction of wild animals, and a fleshed out hunting skill.
Expansion of fishing skill to match hunting.
A marina, and player ownable boats in each neighborhood.

The Sims 3: College Town
-----

The ability to create and use post-secondary education buildings in town, as well as dorms.
Sims going into University can either live at home and go to school, or move into a dorm room in another neighborhood (train stations would also be included here for travel between neighborhoods.) If Destinations is installed, the option to study a semester abroad, at a satellite neighborhood becomes available as well.
Reintroduction of influence meter.
Expansion of logic skill

The Sims 3: Pets
-----

Basically, a shot for shot remake of Pets, with a few additions and tuneups.
Much greater variety of cat/dog breeds, and a sophisticated breeding system.
New skill, Training.

The Sims 3: Farmland
-----

Farms. You can own them. Huge increase in variety of harvestables, as well as hirable help for harvesting and maintaining.
Raisable animals like cows, chickens, etc.
Expansion of gardening skill.

The Sims 3: Downtown
-----

Apartments, nightclubs, and all their associated things.

The Sims 3: Architecture
------

Basically, exactly what the guy above me said. Things like sublevels, vertical placement grids, and sunken basements are now NORMAL. Includes refurbishing of rabbitholes into actual, usable lots.

The Sims 3: Family Business
-----

Basically, Open for Business.
New skill, craftsmanship, which works like handiness on furniture and non-electronic items.
Expansion of handiness skill.
Introduction of talents, like traits, but genetically transferable. A sims predisposition to being good at different things.

The Sims 3: Fun & Games
-----

SPORTS!
Great increase in athletics skill. Can't really describe this one much, but you get it. There are a lot of sports to play outdoors, and more games indoors.

The Sims 3: Heroes
-----

Basically, Sims get superpowers. Do with them what you will.

The Sims 3: Supernatural
-----

A remake of Makin' Magic.

The Sims 3: Rock 'n' Roll
-----

More or less a remake of Superstar, but with a much greater emphasis on band life. Includes the ability to start garage bands, and the duplication of the guitar skill to a myriad of other instruments.

Vanito
14th Jul 2009, 1:09 PM
I'd like a lot more to do for my sims... I loved the business at home/hobby stuff where you could build and sell things, objects with new functions. Ingame challenges and make collecting have more use, love to keep my sims busy with all kinds of stuff. Especially when its a few step project, like create something out of parts, which you can do something special with.

Rabbitholes jobs turn into real builds where you can play your sim. I'd love to see them busy hang in offices, work on different science machines, practice with the band, go out and steal in groups, cook food, waiters, hang out with colleagues or the boss, order around their employees, or ruin it and get sacked. And insides of these job buildings which can be edited.

Better romance options. Like hot tub, dates, traits to which sims are attracted, marriages, ballrooms, restaurants. Looks like they stripped a lot of this out of sims 3 to add it later in an expansion pack. Would be cool to have it back, expanded.

More options for kids. Kids have so much more potential! More interactions and toys. And a real classroom with a teacher, hanging together in breaks between lessons. And things to do for toddlers, babies. Buggy, recolorable baby blankets.

And more traits. The new traits make sims a lot more fun, there is a lot more potential in this. There are so many traits which could be added. Interaction between traits.

Cooking And Ingredients Overhaul is cool, somthing like that should be combined with a supermarket which isn't a rabbithole. Create your own food shop or restaurant.

I miss my servos from part 2. I made them normal sims with robot skins, they were fun, but should have more options. One of my sims was completely obsessed with creating robots. Would be fun for a good or evil scientist. I'd like to see playable robots and robots that do stuff (and not get damaged all the time, making them useless).

Small things to add:
Multi fish aquariums and cool insect collections. Would be fun for a museum.
Add your own pictures to paintings in a simple way. And have a real exhibition where people can buy them or buy tickets to see them.

Raggborg
14th Jul 2009, 1:58 PM
I would like to see a summer/ seasons/ beach life expansion including the possibilty to swim in ponds and to sunbathe at the beach. Perhaps with the possibility for small skin tone changes from spending a lot of time outside. And the hot tub would of course be included.

aeval99
14th Jul 2009, 10:01 PM
I just wish they would hurry up and announce the pack. The suspense is killing me.

ghostanimal
15th Jul 2009, 1:28 PM
I'd love to have a superhero pack!

Also, I'd like to see the Sims get broken bones, like having a broken arm or leg, maybe even have the option for them to be disabled. They could have to rely on somebody to make them meals and drive them places

Blooper Reel
17th Jul 2009, 2:40 AM
From what I expect:

The Sims 3: Secur rom galore!

Do you feel this game is to easy to handle? Well, we decided to release this exspansion pack to make it so much harder!

Every hour Secur Rom will kick in and won't let you play TS3 until you pay 200k! IN STEAK!

Also coming soon will be a new addition to The Sims Stories Series: The Sims Secur Rom stories! As Katy Jonas gets The new exspansion pack for the sims 3, she is forced to pay 200k! IN STEAK! So she must do agricultural jobs to get that steak! Also comes with Secur Rom!

Either that, or it's gonna be a combo of Uni and Livin' Large. :)

It's so easy to make fun of EA.

ghostanimal
17th Jul 2009, 4:30 PM
I want the date option again from Nightlife. :)

Bloodrose92
18th Jul 2009, 2:35 AM
I would like to see a combination of Nightlife/Makin Magic
New NPCs Count and countess (vampires), Aliens, witches/warlocks, Fairies/Sprites
New objects potions/coldrin, coffin bed (like the ones in sims2), Gothic decor and patterns (for vampire sims), Space ship vehicle, Furturistic Decor and patterns, Magical ingredients
New Job Monster hunter :report:

Bloodrose92
18th Jul 2009, 2:36 AM
I would like to see a summer/ seasons/ beach life expansion including the possibilty to swim in ponds and to sunbathe at the beach. Perhaps with the possibility for small skin tone changes from spending a lot of time outside. And the hot tub would of course be included.

that would be fun.

starved4pizza
18th Jul 2009, 9:52 AM
What about a holiday themed expansion pack?

stygia2002
18th Jul 2009, 11:09 AM
Ooooh, a holiday EP would be great!

RandisNahwai
18th Jul 2009, 11:21 PM
I would love to see some new ideas seperate from the eps of ts2 on ts3.
The main one I would love is Th3-The Real World.
Connect online and interact with other peoples user created sims and stuff like that. You can go to the town online and check out places there, sort of like a GaiaOnline type of thing. Show off your sim, and chat with other people. If that's not copywright infringement :blink:

Cabrini6000
18th Jul 2009, 11:30 PM
Didn't it say on Snooty what the next expansion was...Something about destiations...

lindseyy
19th Jul 2009, 12:46 AM
I just wish they would hurry up and announce the pack. The suspense is killing me.

Lol! I know the feeling, I can't wait to find out either.

Syphon8
19th Jul 2009, 3:20 AM
It's already been announced, it's a vacations remake.

molecule
19th Jul 2009, 12:49 PM
I like Sims 2 University, so I want to see Sims 3 University!!!

happycowlover
19th Jul 2009, 7:09 PM
It's already been announced, it's a vacations remake.

It wasn't officialy announced. There's a French article about an vacation EP, but that's it.

camglam
19th Jul 2009, 7:33 PM
wanna see:
seasons
pets
o.f.b

i want to see a lil icecream van rollin round the hood

threedeesix
19th Jul 2009, 9:48 PM
A Sims first person shooter so I can go door-to-door looking for the guy that broke into my house and stole my toilet. ;)

But seriously, I'm not sure if this was ever done in the previous sims and it wouldn't be a full expansion, but I would love to see usable board games. Something where a sim could pull "clue" or "risk" off the shelf and the family and/or guests could all play it together on the dining room table.

They could call it Sims 3: Family Game Nite.

Edit: Watching them all playing "Twister" would just be awesome.

MVD
19th Jul 2009, 10:22 PM
Would love to see a sort-like University EP, really liked those doors so you could make the room yours :D

muttlove
19th Jul 2009, 10:29 PM
Creatures EP or SP I don't care.. just..wants...CREATURES!!!

Or Seasons.:D

Antagonist.01
20th Jul 2009, 12:58 AM
I have also thought about The Sims 3: Extreme, focused on adventure and extreme sports.

* New vehicles - Motorbikes, Roller skates, Skateboards, Kickbikes, Unicycles, Helicopters
* Parachuting
* Climbing
* Tattoos and piercings
* Adventure TV Channel

WOW, it would be the first expansion to be officially bought by me. (I'm joking! Don't ban me!) xD

I think that they would focus first on old EPs remaking, and then on new contents. To lose not a big amount of market, they can release two or three old EP's merged in one sometimes. For example:

1. Downtown (Or some other title like that), which merges Nightlife, Open For Business and Apartment;
2. University, which is University alone;
3. Holydays (Crap title), which is Bon Voyage + Seasons;
4. Pets, which is Pets alone.

Whit releasing those EPs once a trimester (And we all know they can), we should get back in a year what we had in The Sims 2. Then, new EP's.

By the way, the thing that most pissess me off is that build mode was almost killed in the transation between TS2 and TS3, and there was already lot of things that were missing to get really nice tectonic possibilities. I'm expecting not only to see again soon some function that we miss (Spiral staircases and round/diagonal pool segments for example), but also to get new things such as some tool to create whitout cheating split levels, attics/mansards (Whit skylights!) and curved walls or to re-stylize and decorate ceilings. Ok, the game whould get quite heavy whit even ceilings re-coloured and whit plenty of decoration, but our houses would surely look nicer. And curved walls are a thing that i dare to think many are waiting from the days of TS1, and that the game engine could handle quite easy.

Gettin' some kitchen set whit un-beetling appliance (Such as the KitchenBasic for TS2 that many - me included - loves) and modular sofas would be nice too. And not so hard either.

Last but not least, i'm sure that many players like me desperately needs sort of World Builder to create new hoods whit lots specifically thought to build determinate houses.

Rikachu
20th Jul 2009, 1:32 AM
From what I expect:

The Sims 3: Secur rom galore!

Do you feel this game is to easy to handle? Well, we decided to release this exspansion pack to make it so much harder!

Every hour Secur Rom will kick in and won't let you play TS3 until you pay 200k! IN STEAK!

Also coming soon will be a new addition to The Sims Stories Series: The Sims Secur Rom stories! As Katy Jonas gets The new exspansion pack for the sims 3, she is forced to pay 200k! IN STEAK! So she must do agricultural jobs to get that steak! Also comes with Secur Rom!

Either that, or it's gonna be a combo of Uni and Livin' Large. :)

It's so easy to make fun of EA.

LMAO :rofl:

hixon
20th Jul 2009, 7:21 AM
CARS, Trucks, Big Rigs Choppers, and for the toddlers POWER WHEELS i think toddlers having driveble powerwheels to ride around the yard would be fantastic
oh and a fan, air vents, heaters, ps3, xbox 360, im just naming stuff i see in my room but all of them would be alwsome!!!

camglam
20th Jul 2009, 8:42 AM
:o can we have medical things
like diabetic traits or heart murmer traits

Beccapixie10
20th Jul 2009, 9:34 AM
hmmm...
<reads through all posts, thinking>
<mumbles: seems everyone has covered everything already...> OMG ARE YOU LISTENING? DAMN IVE GOTTA STOP TALKING TO MYSELF> <mumbles: and my sims... and i should stop talking in text speak...>

Prae
20th Jul 2009, 12:01 PM
A pack of more traits seems like a possible idea :P though, imho they would have to release something more than just that in a pack...

AuroraMoon
20th Jul 2009, 7:32 PM
Somebody else most likely already covered this... as seeing I haven't read all of the posts completely, just skimmed though them.

However...

I would love to have a modern Fantasy expansion pack. :P

Just think Steam punk, etc. I mean, just think about it... it would make perfect sense. especially if you wanted to have a Fantasy setting... yet having all those cars, etc ruin the Fantasy aspect of it. the expansion pack could induce vehicles of all sorts that looked like they were steam-powered, etc. This way you could have the feel of an elfin village, hobbit village, etc and still enjoy the "modern" conveniences of a fridge, etc.

I would love for elf ears from Sims2 in CAS to make a comeback too, by the way.

And more features to customize your sim's body. like a breast/butt size slider... no, I'm completely serious here. I'm sick and tired of having my female Sims all have the same sizes in their chest area... the only way they can be different is if they're fat or something. :p

ghostanimal
21st Jul 2009, 12:04 AM
I think that a Sims 3: Beauty Time would be fun. More hair styles, beard choices, more grooming options, a full time job at the salon. You could even get in the beauty or modeling career. :)

ghostanimal
21st Jul 2009, 12:07 AM
And more features to customize your sim's body. like a breast/butt size slider... no, I'm completely serious here. I'm sick and tired of having my female Sims all have the same sizes in their chest area... the only way they can be different is if they're fat or something. :p

I agree!

ghostanimal
21st Jul 2009, 12:40 AM
Also, I think we need to have more part-time jobs.

omgrawr213
21st Jul 2009, 4:06 PM
i definitely want something like apartment life. and there is no way I'm letting them forget about making a pets expansion. :]

stygia2002
21st Jul 2009, 4:20 PM
I think that a Sims 3: Beauty Time would be fun. More hair styles, beard choices, more grooming options, a full time job at the salon. You could even get in the beauty or modeling career. :)

Considering how many of us like to "barbie doll" our sims up (including myself in this group), that's a great idea, and it hasn't been done before! Some really amazing outfits would be nice too and some new makeup options. :up:

roarchin
21st Jul 2009, 9:50 PM
well, my idea for an expansion pack could be a sort of 'Sims 3: What Should Have Been In The Base Game'

Basically in it, it will have all the things that should of been in the base game. Like, for example, when you make community lots, you can place cash registers on them.

It will just literally have things that were in the sims 2 that were not in the sims 3, but better.

As i hope most of you know that the sims 3 was released early because fans were moaning for it, so EA had to cut back and release it earlier. Things were cut from the game.

What also annoys me is when you have a car on your lot, you will get in it by going to the front of the house and it appearing there. In the expansion pack, your sim will actually get into the car and drive along the driveway, and onto the road. When you build your drive way, there could be pieces. Like a straight piece, a 90 degree piece etc. This is so you can create unique driveways, and your sims car can actually drive along them. There should also be a driveway piece for basement garages.

Sorry i wrote alot. I got carried away. :rofl:

nickdog670
22nd Jul 2009, 1:08 AM
well, my idea for an expansion pack could be a sort of 'Sims 3: What Should Have Been In The Base Game'

Basically in it, it will have all the things that should of been in the base game. Like, for example, when you make community lots, you can place cash registers on them.

It will just literally have things that were in the sims 2 that were not in the sims 3, but better.

As i hope most of you know that the sims 3 was released early because fans were moaning for it, so EA had to cut back and release it earlier. Things were cut from the game.

What also annoys me is when you have a car on your lot, you will get in it by going to the front of the house and it appearing there. In the expansion pack, your sim will actually get into the car and drive along the driveway, and onto the road. When you build your drive way, there could be pieces. Like a straight piece, a 90 degree piece etc. This is so you can create unique driveways, and your sims car can actually drive along them. There should also be a driveway piece for basement garages.

Sorry i wrote alot. I got carried away. :rofl:

Released early? You do know it was supposed to be released February 2nd, right?

jwlrip
22nd Jul 2009, 9:06 AM
Though i'm sure that every expansion will have more of this, i'd like to see an expansion for your sims traits! So there are more activities and actions for your sim to do with their assigned traits.

As long as aliens make a comeback soon, i'm up for whatever. I miss sims 2 extra quirky-ness.

Edit: Oh and something with new jobs!

roarchin
22nd Jul 2009, 11:23 AM
Released early? You do know it was supposed to be released February 2nd, right?

whoa, new news to me :turtle:

but still, they could have an expansion pack for things that weren't in the base game. they should definatly do one about driveways though

Antagonist.01
22nd Jul 2009, 7:12 PM
[...]like diabetic traits

Perfect for my self sim!

BTW, i start to suspect that there's no incoming expansion. EA never cared for true of customer, mainly because there's a lot of noobs who consider everything that they publish gold and spend bucks for a pitious game. And, alas, they're the generality of the audience which The Sims 3 is intended for.

Goodlazyneko
22nd Jul 2009, 9:46 PM
A pets expansion pack. The animals should be cats, dogs, birds, PET fish types, pet rodents, and reptiles. Dogs could help in jobs like law enforcement or military, mabye cats in criminal, and birds or reptiles in science. And pets could give moodlets like "cheered me up", "new pet", "bit/scrached/pecked me" and "now covered in dog slobber". Traits like Animel lover and hates animals, and you could pick your favorte animal.
Pets should have traits like lazy, hyper, crazy, shy, mean, good, evil ect, have favorte toys and food types. Cats and dogs would have 4 ages: puppy/kitten, teen-age(the body of an adult, but the mind of a puppy/kitten, real pets do have thsi stage!), adult, and elder. Birds and reptiles would have chick/young, adult and elder. Rodents whould just have young and adult, and fish don't age(just die after a while, like real ones D:). Cats, dogs, birds and reptiles whould be playable, with full control of actions.
There could also be zoos, circuses, and aquaiums. Animals like tigers, monkeys, bears could escape and run around town and cause chaos,(like mauling sims, taking small idems, and eating picanic baskets), and the police would have to stop them.
... I'm rambling arn't I...

aeval99
22nd Jul 2009, 9:48 PM
BTW, i start to suspect that there's no incoming expansion. EA never cared for true of customer, mainly because there's a lot of noobs who consider everything that they publish gold and spend bucks for a pitious game. And, alas, they're the generality of the audience which The Sims 3 is intended for.
I would be terribly shocked if there were no expansion for the holiday season. Believe me, they don't make expansions for our benefit, they do it to make money. A Sims EP is easy money for EA. There's very little development cost because your just adding on to an existing product, and yet they are assured of a game that will be a top 10 seller in the busiest retail season of the year. I'm sure they will throw something out there, even if it's just a glorified stuff pack.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/aeval99/smileys/huh.gif

little bee
23rd Jul 2009, 6:58 PM

* Parachuting
* Climbing
* Tattoos and piercings
* Adventure TV Channel

I totally agree with you. Just read your post and my adrenaline get high.

GO EXTREME, YEAH!

mickeymouse254
23rd Jul 2009, 11:50 PM
I'd like to see a Shopping/night out exp Like sims can open up their own stores, there could be a petstore, toy store, a clothing store and any other store. Also a nightclub and a restaurant. Some new objects aside from objects for pets could be a cash register, a restaurant podium, dj booth, hot tub, open/closed sign, clothing racks, and shelves to put objects on. it can be OFB, NL and Pets all in one!

ghostanimal
24th Jul 2009, 2:38 AM
I just thought of this.

Sims can feed their babies in the highchair, like do that "Here comes the plane! -plane noises-"

And if the family like, orders pizza or something, there is an option to cut some food up for the toddler. We can also make toddler death by the food not being cut up right. Sims with at least two cooking skill bars can do this successfully.

The toddlers could also have less creepy hairstyles. :)

ghostanimal
24th Jul 2009, 5:33 AM
OH! I think that child-age Sims should be able to have crushes on each other, with very mild romantic interractions such as a hug or maybe sweet talk. You know, just a kiddie crush thing. :)

Angstrom
24th Jul 2009, 5:54 AM
I would like political leaders being able to make laws - much like SimCity. Laws would affect the city's finances, the Sim's approval rating (translating into job performance), and relations to people in different positions. Some suggestions:

* Raise/cut education/law enforcement/health spending
* Raise/cut pensions
* Raise/cut income tax/sales tax
* Raise/cut government employees' salaries

There would be some non-financial issues too, such as school uniforms or left/right hand drive.

Issues like gay marriage would probably be too controversial, though.

ghostanimal
24th Jul 2009, 6:03 AM
I would like political leaders being able to make laws - much like SimCity. Laws would affect the city's finances, the Sim's approval rating (translating into job performance), and relations to people in different positions. Some suggestions:

* Increase education/law enforcement/health spending
* Raise/lower pensions
* Raise/lower income tax/sales tax
* Raise/lower government employees' salaries

There would be some non-financial issues too, such as school uniforms or left/right hand drive.

Issues like gay marriage would probably be too controversial, though.

I really like that idea.

ghostanimal
24th Jul 2009, 9:17 PM
If we all got our pre-baby body that quick that easily, then the world would be overjoyed. I think the mother should still be a fat and have to click the TV's "Loose Baby Weight" option and do it for about an hour.

stygia2002
24th Jul 2009, 10:03 PM
Not me...I had enough of that in RL! I'll stick to my fantasy and escapism! :D

ghostanimal
25th Jul 2009, 6:08 AM
I think that Sims should be able to have nightmares. Children and toddlers can have the "ask to sleep with parent/older sibling" It can boost relationships. :)

Brand
25th Jul 2009, 8:32 AM
I agree. Call it "The Sims 3: We're Sorry". ;)

I really like happycowlover's House Party/Nightlife combination idea. Sounds really fun.

I think we desperately need something along the lines of Hot Date that will restore truly interactive (and user creatable) stores, restaurants and nightclubs. I didn't care for Nightlife very much because I felt it tried too hard to be a new town of its own instead of just a destination so that's why I say Hot Date.

Zinara
25th Jul 2009, 1:12 PM
I would also love a fame oriented EP I loved that in Sims 1 spent most my time in the Hollywood town. Should be made a lot better for Sims 3 though.
I would love being able to be a really famous Singer, Movie Star, Model or anything else. Would also be nice adding a branch in the Journalism career going to Papparazzi. Giving your sim opportunites to get shots of famous people around town (including custom sims turned famous) and put it on the gossip paper.

I would also love to have Vacations, Pets (more than for sims 2) and Obf whithout being listed as unemplyed when self emplyed.

I want more Jobs, already bored of the ones that exist. I want my sims couples being able to go to the movies together. I want some dancing places for my Sims to socialize at night.

I love the idea somewhere at the beginning of this post about more to do with your toddlers, children, teens.

I would also want more for elders. I usally switch households when my sims becomes elder because I don't think they are fun anymore. I would like to be able to play them in retirement homes though both with good and lousy care sort of like todays baby sitters. Bridge nights and other "oldie" stuff to do. ex feeding the ducks by the park lake.

I know there's more I've thought about before but this is what I remember right now

ghostanimal
26th Jul 2009, 5:25 AM
One thing I realized that I would love to see, is that if children see their teenage siblings or older family members, or maybe anybody, kissing, they can go "EWWW!" in that childish way xD. I thought of this when I make my Sim's older sister kiss her boyfriend, and she was all okay with it. I thought it would have been funny if she gagged and made an EWWW motion.

ghostanimal
26th Jul 2009, 7:31 AM
When you reach to the Rockstar branch, you have the option to write songs, or maybe make it mantatory to write songs.

HarlequinnRomance
26th Jul 2009, 7:48 AM
I know it's been said before,but I'd LOVE pets back...But more in depth. Anything they come out with I can only hope it's more in depth than what they gave us. After you do something the first time,it's boring. I'd love to have some kind of crazy cat lady.

ghostanimal
26th Jul 2009, 8:45 AM
When they actually program illnesses in, Teen sims can have a friend bring their homework to them.

Nikkisaves
26th Jul 2009, 8:52 AM
Most of these ideas are realllllly good. I enjoyed Makin' Magic A LOT, but I felt that in TS2 they just ruined it when they tried tpo have supernatural things. I mean witches in apartments? C'mon, now! That being said, I don't think they'll make anything with creatures or anything of the supernatural nature unil waaaaay later. One of the last EPs probably.

I really like the child/teen idea. It just seems that they're is nothing for my kid/teen sims to do but homework! But I have a feeling that - if anything - it would be a stuff pack possibly combined with a holiday type theme.

GuardStud08
26th Jul 2009, 8:57 AM
I really would like to see a Stuff Pack with alot of 1950s based items. I <3 50s fashion.

ghostanimal
26th Jul 2009, 9:02 AM
It just seems that they're is nothing for my kid/teen sims to do but homework!

I know! I spent most of my child and teen Sim's life making relationships and gaining skills for their furture careers. Boorrring. :/ I wish they could like, skateboard or do more.

ghostanimal
26th Jul 2009, 9:14 AM
I love how the fathers instantly take off work to go visit the mother at the hospital. <3

But why can't the Sim in labor have other visitors, such as letting other children or the new grandparents come and visit? D:

Nikkisaves
26th Jul 2009, 6:58 PM
I really would like to see a Stuff Pack with alot of 1950s based items. I <3 50s fashion.

This would be wonderful!
Although, in order to sell, they would have to put in all the "popular" decades, 20s, 40s-80s. Which would broaden the music spectrum (which, imo, is waaaaay too small! indie, kids, pop, latin, classical and custom?! WTF!) and add new objects and build mode choices.

Thanatozz
26th Jul 2009, 7:29 PM
I wish they could like, skateboard or do more.

Graffiti! Tagging walls. Work on your art skill, possibly get busted :)

Nikkisaves
26th Jul 2009, 9:17 PM
I know there was a picture already posted, and I found another one.
I THINK it was in this thread that people were saying they wanted to go to the light house and something about fishing trips? Well, I think this might be another clue?
http://i25.tinypic.com/opbgus.jpg

Perhaps something along the lines of boat travel to the island or fishing on the boat?

Or maybe I'm just crazy... :rolleyes:

Simmahollic
27th Jul 2009, 12:28 AM
Graffiti! Tagging walls. Work on your art skill, possibly get busted :) I like the idea of graffiti, but I’d like to see murals, not tags all over town.

What I’d like to see is an expack full of games :D . What happened to poker? I’d like to see poker tournaments. This could lead to new careers. Chip counter, Dealer, Professional Poker Player. Also, it would be cool to have sims do crosswords in newspapers, to gain logic. And sports would be fun. Teens and children could play for teams on weekends. Adults could too, and maybe get drafted by their favorite team (adding more teams), and start out as a rookie, instead of a fan.
I don’t want a Freetime remake, I want options!!! No hobbies and no interests. Just fun ways for sims to express themselves. Is that so bad??? :cry:

Nikkisaves
27th Jul 2009, 12:51 AM
What happened to poker? I’d like to see poker tournaments. This could lead to new careers. Chip counter, Dealer, Professional Poker Player.

Which could also lead to a Vegas-esque town.

Angstrom
27th Jul 2009, 6:42 AM
I tried to make a Sim Vegas resort in TS2, using arcade games and poker tables.

Roulettes and blackjack tables would also be great.

nox920
27th Jul 2009, 9:44 AM
You know how a sim can start out with a positive relationship with another sim? I think it should be able to go both ways; if a sim is known to have certain traits or has done certain actions he/she would start out with a negative relationship once he/she meets an opposing sim.

Also, I think it'd be cool to not have relationships be pretty much restricted to being equal among sims. One sim could consider another his best friend, whereas the other sim sees him as merely acquaintances. This could be determined by certain traits and/or actions between sims perhaps.

ghostanimal
27th Jul 2009, 9:50 AM
Also, I think it'd be cool to not have relationships be pretty much restricted to being equal among sims. One sim could consider another his best friend, whereas the other sim sees him as merely acquaintances. This could be determined by certain traits and/or actions between sims perhaps.

Oh I know! Like, for my Sim Story I need this one sim to despise this one sim but the Sim she hates be completely in love with her.

KittyKuba
27th Jul 2009, 10:13 AM
Oh I know! Like, for my Sim Story I need this one sim to despise this one sim but the Sim she hates be completely in love with her.

I might be mis-remembering but in TS1 you could have that.

ghostanimal
27th Jul 2009, 10:22 AM
You could in Sims 1 and 2, but my mom sold my Sims1 and my Sims 2 is packed. (We're moving)

ghostanimal
27th Jul 2009, 5:38 PM
I remember in the Sims 2 when my Sim stopped doing homework and ran outside. I got annoyed and almost cancelled the action but then I saw her running out to greet her daddy. <3 I miss that! I want my Sim children and teens to run outside and greet their parents home again!

Antagonist.01
27th Jul 2009, 5:42 PM
Sims 3: Architects. Drag in a whole load of new, advanced building options, such as curved walls, complete control over the sizing of doors and windows (as well as the ability to slide them up and down the wall) and whatever else they can come up with, really. [...]

[...]

That shall be first and last expansion for me...I need nothing else.

BTW, i think that if there will be Expansion Packs, we'll all enjoy brand new, shining, fantastic...

...Rabbit holes. Now that they've learned the trick, and understood how to make same monye$ with less effort and in shorters deadlines, they'll add whatever they'll want to add as rabbit holes. Universities? Nigthclubs? Condos and apartments? They're all things that would fit a rabbit hole to the eyes of their target, which is definitely not us.

As i've said much times, i'm very disappointed by a game that offers less and less possibilities than his predecessor, and lower graphics either. The only thing we've gained - apart from CAStyle - is the seamless 'hood, that isn't needed at all to add story progression to the game. In other words, an useless shit that doesn't make the value of the game, which whorts not his price since it kills players creativity and forces you to play as the standardized fanboy/fangirl. I don't see why they would behave differently whit EPs.

ghostanimal
27th Jul 2009, 5:45 PM
Sometimes, I honestly wonder why most of the major mod makers don't just get together and make their own Sims in our, the fans', image. Think about it. xD

We'd probably have pregnant teens and murders everywhere

Diamond123Girl
27th Jul 2009, 5:48 PM
A sims fantasy stuff pack were there would be loads of items for fairy worlds and that e.g cinderella stuff snow white+more.

Sims emo stuff pack xD =D ^^ lol but for me im sticking to my sims 2 yeah i know i bought the sims 3 lol but im selling it liek the comments above me said all the benefit ive gained is a seamless neighbourhood i just preffer the sims +graphics of sims 2 plus i could have 600 downloads on sims 2 and it wouldn't slow and just installing the sims 3 majorly slowed my computer down.

But what would be awesome is a sims 3 custom content stuff pack or something which would include all the top custom content of a vary of sites. You'd have to enter a competition say and the winners with the best would get their downloads into a game for everyone else to us.

More items to fit our sims personalities. A bit like teen style stuff but for adults and that aswell. Such as geeky items+clothing for the nerds maybe pc logo'd tops. Gothic+emo patterned items+ i miss the gothic throne from teen style stuff. Bring back the fashion catwalk from h&m stuff.

Allow us to go inside the groccery stores again! i just utterly miss that lol.Yet i think if another expansion pack came out everyone would need new computers i mean the sims 3 itself takes up so much space for alot of people just imagine another one your computer could crash unless you have a gaming computer.

1)Urban objects+clothing has anyone ever played the sims urbz?? i loved it bring some of that into it but in a pc sims style.
2) The heart bed ^^ xD lol i remmeber how it had a vibrating system (ROFL) on the sims 1 pc
3) I think we deserve some stuff packs that include items from various time periods. Like victiorian wear and items,stone age wear and items ect

I mean obviously we want some of the old expansions like seasons free time and pets back but they can't just keep re copying all the time we need fresh new ideas to keep the game alive.

4)Makin magic in a sim 3 style that would be awesome with the amulets and stuff. Bring back the vampires,werewolfs and plant sims ect+maybe even some new ones in seasons like we could have snow pixie type sims in winter. Leaf patched sims in autumn ect. Alchohol for the sims xD

I guess if people had the choice there would be alot of strange things people would want in the game. Probably things maxis would never ever do. I know many people have always wanted pregnant sim teens and stuff i doubt maxis would do that for certain reasons (+12 plus thing). Saddly my idea of my gore and blooded items wouldn't pass then D=

I'd love to have my vampires in a blooded up room with haunting items ect

catnip834
28th Jul 2009, 3:27 PM
Fix it so the family tree so you can see the mother and father of child is sometimes one or other is missing.No adoption turn it off or on it is not a cheat.I only when I want to adoption.Sims want have there own children not adopt all time.They should make a creep and cute all in one expansion pack.More better male hair and clothing.For vampires or super hero capes.For phone version they you to pick expansion is.I hope it is the vampires and werewolves.Hope there will be teens and young adult or adult, being marry or having children togeter.Sims your are play will jion jobs go with there lifetime wishes or go wit there traits.Teens can get marry and have children.Do more with toddlers.Have more jobs.Blind dates your friend make you go to.Heartbreaker go after marry sims and single when not playing them.More gardening plants.More lifetime wishes.

bloodsight
28th Jul 2009, 6:02 PM
just installing the sims 3 majorly slowed my computer down.

Installing the sims 3 killed my very expensive alienware gaming desktop. And before my harddrive went belly up the game would freeze about every five minutes. Mirrors Edge ran like a dream and that game takes up a huge amount of space.

I think EA should make a completely awesome expansion pack and put an end to the quaint little town epidemic. More than anything though, I'd like to see more trait specific options, wash hands with evil soap is only amusing the first time you see it.

Mostly I'd like EA to stop sending me robotic messages about how my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements (which it very obviously does) and actually give me an answer from a person that will prevent the game from murdering my computer again.

Or at least give me my money back.

Diamond123Girl
28th Jul 2009, 6:18 PM
:O im selling my sims for that reason alone. It's to darn slow but i can still post ideas ^^. Bring back our own neighbourhoods i want the option of neighbourhood templates back so we don't have to have just RiverView or Sunset Valley.

A blast from the past bring back some items from the sims 1 re vamped into sims 3 style. Like the beast o bear stuff bear? lol anyone remember that from hot date yeah it would go nicely against a franky the bear which i also want back. Then i want the ability to have universities once more that was just epic from what ive seen of the game so i think many people would like to see that back. What they probably will do first is bring back the basic expansion packs like pets,seasons,nightlife and so on. Unless they don't which would mean a end for sims 3 wouldn't it?? then again even with those we wan't to see some new expansion packs some fresh ideas.

They should hold a competition were we'd send in our ideas the best ideas would then be combined into a game either a expansion pack or a stuff pack. I want to see more musical instruments in the sims aswell instead of just a piano,violine and guitar. I want to see more community options bring back some of the items from hot date like the icecream stand. Bring back christmas aswell as a stuff pack probably again but this time with more clothing+objects+food. I'd also like to see some more fantasy sims maybe snow pixies in the winter along side the plant sims and that cute penguin again maybe polar bears this time???

More holiday options new locations more vampire item/options aswell as more for werewolfs and zombies. So yeah i would love to see more mystical/fantasy sims like i said about pixies maybe even fairies that visit in the autumn? and you catch them in a jar im unaware if this has happened in previous games before.. Animate the gnomes once more like in Makin Magic and simply make a expansion pack of the Makin Magic that would make allot of people happier since many wanted that in the sims 2 and bring apartments from apartment life into the game aswell.

And even with those ideas i'd love to be able to go into the community lots like restaurants and groccery stores aswell as clothes stores bring back buisnesses aswell. More options for different sims like there is farm items the haystack and such bring in some more urban objects for our city sims and such.

I wouldn't mind having a community marathon just like the community bbq and the rollercoasters from makin magic were we could make a theme park for our sims. :bunny:

Just like university i'd like to watch my sims in school our even make our own schools for the sims. More jobs and a option for lazy sims to work at home :D jobs could include a hotel job. You'd start off maybe cleaning or taking towels to rooms then move to receptionist and other jobs in hotels like manager co manager ect.

Ive always wanted a fashion designer job for my sims i have no clue if that is in the game or not. More clutter objects like tooth brushes and stuff to make the houses more realistic. Concert halls that you could go in and preform in like from free time i think it was. :Pint:

Pontiac76
28th Jul 2009, 11:17 PM
Installing the sims 3 killed my very expensive alienware gaming desktop. And before my harddrive went belly up the game would freeze about every five minutes. Mirrors Edge ran like a dream and that game takes up a huge amount of space.

I think EA should make a completely awesome expansion pack and put an end to the quaint little town epidemic. More than anything though, I'd like to see more trait specific options, wash hands with evil soap is only amusing the first time you see it.

Mostly I'd like EA to stop sending me robotic messages about how my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements (which it very obviously does) and actually give me an answer from a person that will prevent the game from murdering my computer again.

Or at least give me my money back.

This post is wrong in so many ways.

First, the basics... Installation of software...

Unless a game were to install background processes, and have them run the entire time your machine is on, you wouldn't notice a lick of difference. The volume of information stored on a drive *DOES* affect performance, but not to the point where things slow to a crawl, and its so marginal that hardly anyone would notice a difference without a stop watch. Second, and I kid you not, you can install THOUSANDS of games on a machine. HUNDREDS of thousands if you wanted to. JUST so long that, again, the game doesn't install Punkbuster 30,000 times and has it running in the background, your machine will behave the same, until you need to access data, drive is fragmented, etc, etc. Memory is the key, and if you've got a tonne of memory AVAILABLE and FREE TO USE to the game, you're golden. If you've got 512meg of memory in it, go shop for some more to begin with. You *CAN* load a drive up to 99% capacity and STILL run an effective machine, just so long you've got memory available, nothing being written to swap, or swap turned off. Reading data from the end of the platter may slow things down, of course, but you're system will still run.

The third paragraph, hardware compatibility, its a common issue all over the place. You may have *THE MOST* kick-assed computer in the entire city, but if there is ONE THING that the game doesn't like on your computer, it MAY NOT WORK AS EXPECTED. Alienware, smellianware. They're a label who buy their parts from companies like ASUS, Gigabyte, Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, Intel, Corsair, so on and so on. They don't build hardware, they put it together in a particular fasion. They get to put their name on someone elses components. Thats it, thats all.

I have a machine thats getting to be more than a year old and its not some snazzy look'n machine built by a pimple faced teen in a sweat shop. I've not had one glitch with the machine and Sims 3 on EITHER install of XP I have on the computer. I've installed Sims3 on a Notebook running Vista and I've had a few minor video glitches, mostly around the stadium, but nothing I couldn't recover out of. Considering the notebook has only 64meg of on board video, I tend to question your components versus the HCL EA gives.

bloodsight
29th Jul 2009, 12:25 AM
:O im selling my sims for that reason alone. It's to darn slow but i can still post ideas ^^.

Of course you can. And I also agree with bringing back some of the old content, BRING BACK THE CRAZYNESS, and aspiration failure I did love that, because I am horrible to my sims.

But I do kinda feel like the game is going a tad bit backward. I mean In the sims 2 they could whohoo almost anywhere, but now, It almost seems like they are trying to bring back the popkiss.

I'm not hallucinating that right, in the sims 1 they did make babies by kissing. Or I'm getting my wires crossed?

stygia2002
29th Jul 2009, 3:52 AM
Well, in the base game before the lovebed and hot tub, if 2 sims had a love relationship, if they kissed sometimes it would ask if you wanted to have a baby, but most of the time the phone would ring and they'd ask your sims if they wanted to adopt a baby. But after the lovebed and hot tub were added, they had to woohoo to get that option.

Angstrom
29th Jul 2009, 4:01 AM
I would like to see an expansion focusing on food and gardening.

* More realistic plants - let lettuces grow on the ground, and onions below it.
* New crops - oranges, strawberries, cucumber, peas, carrots etc.
* Allow Sims to bake bread, useful to make sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.
* Cultural diversity in meals - rice and curry, kebab, cous-cous salads, meatballs, nasi goreng etc.
* Appliances - cooktops, half-size fridges, deep fryers, household coffee makers etc.
* Fumes from cooking should annoy other people in the room, so there is a reason having the kitchen separate from the living room. Range hoods would decrease the problem.
* Fast-food stands.
* Allow Sims to pack meals and eat them elsewhere. (Preferrably before the food gets foul.)
* Packed meals sold in the grocery store.
* Lunch breaks at work.
* Visible restaurants.
* Higher food quality from the beginning, with fast drop, so new-cooked meals are more delicious than three-hour old meals.
* Juices.
* Plantsims.
* Fixing the recipes so that they don't self-destruct when read.
* Grilled cheese trait.

emzzee
29th Jul 2009, 6:11 AM
After reading through many different ideas I have seen many things that definitely appeal to me. One idea I saw was "City Life" which would be similar to Sims2 Nightlife. I like this because I think that we definitely need a wider variety of community lots such as the clubs, stores, and what not. I think in addition to the clubs, maybe the idea of Apartment Life could be incorporated. I never had Apartment Life, so I'm not sure exactly how it worked, but having an option to rent an apartment or something would be neat. I know that a lot of people enjoyed Open For Business and it would be neat to maybe add the business options in as well. That's probably adding in too much, but hey, I can dream. (:

I never got to play Bon Voyage. I remember hating the loading screens in the first sims. And I know I hated the loading screens in the second, without the BV expansion pack. I know there is a lot of speculation about the "Destionation Adventure/World Adventure" expansion pack, and I think that makes sense. With this seamless neighborhood, I think that would be the first expansion to come to mind. More places to go, right? I love this idea and hope that its really being considered. A lot of people didn't like the BV expansion pack, but with the Sims 3 working differently, I think it could definitely be a lot more fun. Hopefully this expansion pack would incorporate the swimmable oceans and weather. Vacations without weather would be a bit dull, I think. Adding in some of the super natural would be neat to a vacation expansion as well, but probably asking too much.

I loved Pets in my games. I never played them much with the lag, but I did love them. I would love to see the pets come back (especially witht he pet show opprotunity like in the original sims). That's just me. I read also about farms and zoos. That would be awesome, if they did do a pets expansion. It would make it worth buying. Though, I could see the Zoo being a rabbit hole... Farming would add to the gardening and make it more interesting. Some may argue that gardening is already like farming... Which is true.

Free Time was boring to me. I can see the appeal to hobbies and stuff, and I would love to see them, but... As a expansion pack all on its own?? I don't really like that idea. Maybe if something else was added to that idea. University... Would be neat, to be honest. I liked the University, but.. I would like being able to have students attend the University from home. This could use the apartment idea from the beginning of my post too. Along with that, they could live on campus too. That could probably get confusing though. Hmm. Maybe a University/Free Time combination would be a better idea. I dunno. I also wondered if maybe a Community College idea would be more appealing to people that didn't like the waste of time that the college experience was? Probably thats too much like the skill classes though.

I love the seamless neighborhood in my game. I saw someone mention a Sim Nation idea, where things were added into the game. I love that! I can see issues with it though (lag!!) but, scrolling out and being able to see your whole city with no loading screens is so appealing. I hope that this can be continued with any expansions that may be added to the game.

Rabbit holes... Sigh. I think that the game needs them. It was very disappointing to me the first time that I played the game that I could not see my sim doing whatever they were doing, but its a necessity. As cool as seeing a concert, sports game, or movie in game would be... It would end up being a loop of either one or a few of the same things over and over again. So, as long as its not something drastic like the whole vacation being "rabbit holed" (i.e.; they leave in a taxi and there is a bar under the interaction showing time that they are away) I can live with some rabbit hole locations.

Other cool ideas I would love to see: being able to make jewlery, shelves/display cases, new traits (already want more, hehe), more careers, body shop (very hopeful >.<), and seasons/weather which include holidays.

Other expansion packs that I loved the ideas for: Arts, Adventure/Extreme, and Kids/"Game Night."

Long post... >.< Just kinda voicing a lot of my opinions after reading through threads. Hehe. (:

ghostanimal
29th Jul 2009, 6:17 AM
The pets need to be less annoying if it comes out.

All my animals did was beg for attention while I was trying to do more important things, like tend to my baby or fix dinner.

Also, all those damn dogs dug up in my yard. I had to buy fences and block animals out, which then annoyed my pets because they loved to greet the mailman.

Angstrom
29th Jul 2009, 6:37 AM
If EA are smart, the first EP would be the least glamorous and least marketable, mainly containing stuff that should have gone into the base game, but for some reason or another did not make it. It will sell, regardless of content.

Why is the first EP called Destination Adventures then? The Sims 2: Bon Voyage was very marketable, but had some major flaws:
* Though adding three beautiful neighborhoods (only University had that many), the replayability was low. Playing each vacation once or twice was usually enough.
* Loading screens.
* Tours, supposed to be the main plot, taking place off-screen.
* Bugs/flawed features - such as the Tai Chi Override, and all the fire-dance troubles.
* No real character development: no careers, no useful skills, no manufacturing stations.

It wasn't poor, but not at all what you would expect from the sixth EP. (Otherwise, they get increasingly better.)

My preferred list of EP:s would be, in increasing coolness order:

1: Destination Adventure
2: Do-It-Yourself - including home improvement, manufacturing stations and businesses
3: Learning for Life - including pre-schools, college, hands-on lessons (like Free Time hobby lots), sports equipment and rock bands
4: Pets - preferrably with revenue livestock, such as chickens and pigs, too. And avian/swine flu.
5: Nightlife
6: Apartment Life - with social groups done properly
7: Extreme - including all extreme activities not included in the first EP
8: Superstar & Glamour (The base game bites off more than it can chew with the Politics, Music and Athletic careers. Sunset Valley isn't big enough for all presidents, rock stars and sports legends.)
9: Past-Present-Future
10: Magic & Fantasy

Seasons should come with any of these, the sooner the better.

ghostanimal
29th Jul 2009, 6:43 AM
I never got Bon Voyage

//feels left out

stygia2002
29th Jul 2009, 7:20 AM
I didn't care for Bon Voyage as much as some of the other EPs, mainly because of one of the things you brought up...once you've gone on a specific vacation, it's the same ol' same ol'. However, I totally agree with Angstrom that the first EP should be those things that should have been added in the first place...or those things should at least be added features.

Diamond123Girl
29th Jul 2009, 11:00 AM
Something ive always wanted is more food in the game. I know you can get loads on mods but some maxis ones would also be nice. They could make some more newer Bon Vovage locations for your sims. More than anything i just want weather back i never had weather in my previous games =[ i always wanted it though. More landscaping like more plants.

Was there a game were you could have plant or vegetable competitions? like the food one? from freetime. If not they could add more competitions like that.

Angstrom
29th Jul 2009, 9:40 PM
I would enjoy an opportunity for Sims to do genealogy, to recover unknown relatives.

bloodsight
29th Jul 2009, 10:30 PM
I'd love to see memories come back. I didn't realize how much I miss them, untill my sim got divorced and once the moodlet was gone she didn't even care that the guy cheated on and left her unless they ran into each other in town.

I miss seeing the little thought bubble about something that happened to them simyears before and their reaction to it. It added depth.

ghostanimal
29th Jul 2009, 10:48 PM
I want the memories to return too! I just hated those stupid little memories like, "Oh, I burned this food." I just want to keep things like, "I was cheated on!"

playerland40
30th Jul 2009, 5:49 AM
Superstar was my favorite EP for The Sims 1 and I was a little disappointed it never made a cross over to The Sims 2.

I think a neighborhood creator should be released in the next EP.

Also, I think they should make rabbit holes for certain things optional, like restaurants and bars; if you don't feel like making one yourself, plop down a rabbit hole, but if you feel like making your own explorable one, go right ahead.

I want the memories to return too! I just hated those stupid little memories like, "Oh, I burned this food." I just want to keep things like, "I was cheated on!"

I agree, I would like memories to return, as well as getting rid of some of the petty memories (like you mentioned "Oh no! I burned pancakes! Now my life is RUINED!!!!").

ghostanimal
30th Jul 2009, 5:55 AM
Also, I think they should make rabbit holes for certain things optional, like restaurants and bars; if you don't feel like making one yourself, plop down a rabbit hole, but if you feel like making your own explorable one, go right ahead.

I agree, I would like memories to return, as well as getting rid of some of the petty memories (like you mentioned "Oh no! I burned pancakes! Now my life is RUINED!!!!").

The rabbit hole thing I like!

"My love in the arms of another. WHY!?" is a good memory, or "My baby graduated from college! AND WITH HONORS!"

ghostanimal
31st Jul 2009, 10:14 AM
We need a mod or have EA make the Social Worker back off. They can only take the kids when they are being neglected on a daily basis, NOT ONCE! Seriously, I forgot I had a baby and it ended up starving and I didn't even get a freaking pop-up saying, "YO! FEED YOUR KID BITCH BEFORE SOCIAL WORKERS SNATCH IT UP."

WayBack
31st Jul 2009, 10:37 AM
Memories were okay but I could do without countless memories of "I've met...". It was absurd, I certainly don't remember every stranger I met ten years ago :wtf:

ghostanimal
31st Jul 2009, 10:38 AM
Lol same here.

StupidityKills
31st Jul 2009, 1:04 PM
It looks like theres space for two more clothing categories. It seems obvious (to me) that one should be seasonal/outerwear, but I was thinking, for a celebrations type EP they could add another clothing category 'Costume' so that when creating parties and inviting guests you could demand that they all come dressed up in wacky costumes. That way they could add in something like all the old outfits from Sims2 that were too crazy for most sims to wear as everyday (pirates, ballerinas, deep sea divers, ninjas, clowns.....)
Anyway, I think that would be quite fantastic, and realistically possible.

Nikkisaves
3rd Aug 2009, 12:31 AM
but I was thinking, for a celebrations type EP they could add another clothing category 'Costume' so that when creating parties and inviting guests you could demand that they all come dressed up in wacky costumes. That way they could add in something like all the old outfits from Sims2 that were too crazy for most sims to wear as everyday (pirates, ballerinas, deep sea divers, ninjas, clowns.....).

I totally agree with this. That would be so adorable. :D

aeval99
3rd Aug 2009, 1:38 AM
It looks like theres space for two more clothing categories. It seems obvious (to me) that one should be seasonal/outerwear, but I was thinking, for a celebrations type EP they could add another clothing category 'Costume' so that when creating parties and inviting guests you could demand that they all come dressed up in wacky costumes. That way they could add in something like all the old outfits from Sims2 that were too crazy for most sims to wear as everyday (pirates, ballerinas, deep sea divers, ninjas, clowns.....)
Anyway, I think that would be quite fantastic, and realistically possible.
They could accomplish that just by bringing back the costume trunk from the Sims 1 game. I loved that thing. I loved the entertainers too; I had some very naughty mods for them. ;)

Whatwedobest
3rd Aug 2009, 3:12 AM
I'd love there to be something like a stuff pack for TS3, but it would be called a "trait" pack. It would include:
- a variety of new traits like Loves Sweets, Pushy, Boring, Ugly (like people aren't that attracted to you if you have this trait), Neat Freak, Insecure, Vain/Self-Centered, Goth, and many others that they should have had for the TS3.
- New interaction if you have certain traits
- More Social options
- New objects to fit traits (like add some instruments for those with Virtusuo -sp?- like OMFGIREALLYWANT a piano, drums,flute. Or for people who have the bookworm trait they could add like this writing set that doesn't use a computer, but uses paper and pens/pencils, because in real life not all artists write novels on the computer, exspecially children).
-New hairs and clothes to fit the traits (like some some more nerdy clothes for meh bookworms! And defiantly some more natural hairstyles).
-New build mode options like spiral staircases!!!! (loved them from AL)
-More jobs and rabbit holes for them to be in.

Yeah that's pretty much it. =D Anyone else second this???

Rizurii
3rd Aug 2009, 3:30 AM
I wasn't paying much attention to previous posts, but here are my thoughts for an EP or EPs*but then again, I'm crazy*:

Sims 3: Nightfall *Can include things similar to Nightlife and the various supernatural types of sims*
Sims 3: Expanding Universe *Extra terrestrial EP with a new moonish town, the alien species and various bits of alien culture and technology*
Sims 3: Cap and Gown *University EP with new stuff for kids and teens to, also to flesh out the school system in the game*
Sims 3: Barking Mad *Pets EP*
Sims 3: Get Out Of Dodge *Vacation EP*
Sims 3: Scoot Over *Urban EP*

My mind fizzled out at this point... maybe I'll flesh these out later when my brain kicks back in. *needs coffee*

Ericxcore
3rd Aug 2009, 5:57 AM
one of my favorite things from the sims was the magic. they had dragons, REAL magic gnomes that actually did stuff, and tons of other amazing spells. they also had real magic towns. but when apartment life came out for the sims 2, i was disappointed in how stupid the magic was. there was nothing really exciting about it. so i would love if they had an expansion pack for the sims 3 that had magic, but incorporated it into the game more.

Ravendruid
5th Aug 2009, 2:32 AM
I just hope they DON'T incorporate any of the following previous expansions.

-The Sims: Superstar
-The Sims: Makin Magic

I am looking forward to a pets expansion. It'll be nice to see if they'll do something new. I found The Sims 2 pets to be a bit boring.

I would SO love them to do a magic expansion early in the games life, this time, rather than always waiting until the next sims game is almost out, so there's hardly any time to enjoy/create for it. Makin' Magic was easily the best Sims1 pack.

I'd also love any non-standard creatures ie, vampires, plantsims, aliens, etc. Just about anything to help extend past the over-realism they seem to have been shooting for so far. If I want realism, I'll turn OFF my computer.

Ericxcore
5th Aug 2009, 10:23 PM
i actually really want them to make "mer-people".
hahaha

mickeymouse254
5th Aug 2009, 10:27 PM
I think a Hollywood Exp. should be after world adventures. It could be like Superstar + Nightlife if they add Hollywood Nightclubs and other nightlife activities.

seraphime
5th Aug 2009, 10:31 PM
totally agree with you.. i want Superstar to come back with a vengeance :(

VampireMike
6th Aug 2009, 1:39 AM
Hi guys,
I wanna throw a suggestion to someone who's able to create hacks for Sims 3.
This would add a little more realism to the game if you were to get a lifetime reward after you buyout a building...here's a few examples:

When you buy a restaurant/Diner
Discount Diner: Meals will be on the house. Tips and tax included.

When you buy the theatre
Complimentary Entertainment: You'll be added to the exclusive list at the community theatre and can get into all upcoming events free of charge.

When you buy a place you work at
Office Hero: Your inter-office conversations will be more effective than ever! Co-workers will love hanging out with you.

When you buy a bookstore
Bookshop Bargainer: Books at the bookstore will carry a hefty discount, resulting in great savings for you!

ghostanimal
6th Aug 2009, 2:28 AM
If they do a Superstar, I want to see celebirity events, like walking the Red Carpet, going to movie premires, and it announcing in the newspaper. It would be awesome if your Sim could enter a chance to win, and could also be randomly invited unless the Sim is famous.

B4b3GuRl
6th Aug 2009, 3:20 AM
DATES!!!
I just really want my dates back. Give me dates I shall put my plan to destroy EA on hold.

ghostanimal
6th Aug 2009, 3:22 AM
DATES!!!
I just really want my dates back. Give me dates I shall put my plan to destroy EA on hold.

I agree! And I think it would be nice if you could SET the date and time, you know? Like the option, "Romantic - Ask out - Ask to a movie/out to dinner/concert or whatever"

and the reply being

"Oh ____! I'd love to go! Let's meet there at 5 pm Friday, okay?"

or

"Ew! I don't like you like that! Loser!"

B4b3GuRl
6th Aug 2009, 3:30 AM
That would be great! EA would live another day if I got that! :D

ghostanimal
6th Aug 2009, 3:32 AM
Haha, mainly it's because when you ask a Sim out, all you can really do is eat and talk, maybe dance and RIGHT afterwards. I would just die of happiness if they did that.

ghostanimal
6th Aug 2009, 12:31 PM
I think it would be pretty cool if you could select text a friend on your phone. You could maybe even text out "Do you want to come over?", "Can you meet me here?" or "Can you meet me somewhere?"

seraphime
6th Aug 2009, 1:30 PM
From the sound of the one coming in Nov it just seems a little too "gamey" for me I dont make my sims collect gems or rocks, I loath having to find seeds, I like Sims for specific reasons and sure I like Sims 3 but I dont want it to turn into a hunt and gather, complete this mission type of game. I want to be able to take my Sims on a vacaion without loading screens, them do what we do on vacations, shop, eat, meet people, tour landmarks.. not go digging around in a rabbit hole to find a rock/artifact.

Your sims will start out at a kind of "base camp" and will have to earn their way up to being able to have a local home to travel to. boooooooo

As for Superstar, I've seen saying since before Sims 3 was released I wanted it to come back, gated communities, paparazzi, going out incognito, lots of Hollywood, musical carreer choices.. the whole nines...

mickeymouse254
7th Aug 2009, 6:50 AM
I would really enjoy a remake of Superstar, but with much more features, here are my ideas.

New Neighborhood is SimlyWood

This pack would reintroduce the Star meter, sims start being chased by paparazzi and fans and seen in the magazine around 2 stars.

Fame Path 1: Movies or TV
As an Actor: First thing you are going to want to do is get an acting coach. By getting an acting coach you can improve your acting skill. Depending on your acting skill, mood, charisma, and Creativity, when you visit SimlyWood's Acting Agency they look at your skills your mood, and how you pull off the audition. Depending on what they are looking for you either tell your sims to how to act and in which order, much like sims 1. Of course sims with some new traits (see below) have a better chance of pulling it off. If you get an agent, you officially have a star meter.

Now you have an agent, now what? Well having an agent means you can go to any movie studio and ask for an audition. Depending on your mood, and the director's mood and wheather or not he or she is busy, you can get one. These auditions act just like the ones for the Agency. Usually you have a better chance of recieving/scoring an audition with a director who is directing a toothpaste commercial than the sequel to last summer's box office hit.
Your sim starts off small, after say 3 or 4 commercials your sim has 1/2 star. They won't exactly be chased by paparazzi, but you getting there. your sim will have a better chance of scoring an audition as a TV Show extra (1 star). Then after a few of those TV Show Guest Star (1 1/2 stars). After that TV Show CoStar (2), then TV Show Star(2 1/2).

After your show has gone on for six or seven seasons (Six or seven sim days). You have a small chance scoring Movie Costar, but more likely a Movie extra(3) or stunt double(2 1/2) (Stunt doubles must have high body skill to get the part)
Sims who costar(3) or movie extra in say 5 or 6 movie now have a higher chance of getting movie star(4).
Now these stars dont last forever, if a sim goes without being seen in a movie or out at clubs or premieres the stars will slowly fade.

Note that if a sim with all 4 stars in the movie industry will only have say one or two if they decided to switch to music or something

As a Producer- Producers have all the fun. They get the final say on whos in the movie and whos out. Also who is who in the movie. Should Jenny wear her hair up in this scene with that pink shirt? Should this movie be more dramatic or funny? What special effects will we use, how much advertisement will this movie have? Its all up to the director.
When any old sim has high creativity and high mood and decide to write a movie or tv show script from the computer and send it in to the folks over in Simlywood, they have a good chance of it getting an acceptance. Then your sim is a producer. During the script writing process a screen pops up, you pick the name of the characters, the genre, who loves who, who hates who, and how the story begins and ends and all that good stuff. Once your sims arrive in Simlywood via Limo or Private Jet, its time to get working! Pick any movie studio.At any movie studio there will be a few actors waiting to be hired. decide which ones you like and click "Hire--For the role of [name]" and now its time to build a set.
There are already a few sets available on the lot, just the basics like a neighborhood, school, restaurant, city, bedroom, bathroom ect. if you need others sims can buy a green screen, or a moving screen thing (for car scenes and such)
When they click on the green screen you get a variety of options, like beach, house, graveyard, open desert, wall, open ocean, ect.
After this is complete, you can start working on your movie.
Say you wrote in your script that Pablo and Jenny are talking. Producers get ot set the mood. Is it a romantic scene where they are admitting their love for eachother, is she crying and he's laughing? are they both laughing, are they watching tv together? are they fighting off a group of zombies? Its up to you.
Once you filmed all of your scenes you get to go to post-production to edit them, add titles, effects like fog or rai, things like that.
Once your whole movie is together its time for release!
Producers choose which movie theather for it to premiere at. On that night all the sims from the movie come in their formal attire and all the paparazzi is there and the adoring fans. Of course all the sims go to the new nightclub location afterwards for a big after-party :)

Fame Path 2: Music
Sims on the music path have humble beginnings, sims start off with their band in a garage, but when a sim improves their singing or instrument playing abilities, they can audition at the Agency. Sims can pick a genre for themselves or their band. These genres are also available under "Favorite music", Pop, Rock, Rap, Metal, Country, Indie, Kids, Classical, Electrica, Latin and others.
Sims usually start off singing jingles or singing at a restaurant, but sims can audition for a music label. Once they have one they can record an album, depending on the mood of the singer or the band, the album can either be a hit or a flop.
1 hit +1 star
1 flop -1 star

Sims can design their own covers using photos snapped of them selves at photoshoots or they can choose from many designs. Choose your albums name and you are good to go!
Sims can try to make as many hits to reach 4 stars in which the following can happen:

After their album releases theres a chance someone at the Music Label will ask them to do a music video. Music videos function very much like tv episodes or movies, except, they sing in them.
Sims can also play at concerts.
They can be opening acts, perform at sports games or have their own big concert.

Fame Path 3: Fashion
Sims pursuing the Fashion career can either try to be models or designers.

Models start off improving their "Looks" Skill. This skill is improved by "Primping self" in mirror, keeping their hygeine up and wearing clothes under a special category "Designer Label"
After a sim has alot of body skill and looks skill they can have some pictures taken.(1 star)
After a few photos are shown to the Agency they can be able to seen in SIM Magazine. Either as
Hand/Foot Model (1 Star)
Ad model (1 1/2 Star)
Model in the back (2 Stars)
Model in the front of the group (2 1/2 stars)
Model alone (3 Stars)
Front Cover (3 1/2 Stars)
Runway Model (4 Stars)
Runway models model the latest fashions from select designers in Simlywood
Designers are like producers. They decide which models are in their shoots and shows and which aren't. They design clothes too.
New slider options can help designer sims make clothes. Theres a new sewing machine object. A starter designer clicks on the machine and says "design-- Male/female--Age Group--Outfit category" A screen will pop up with all sorts of sliders.
One for the puffiness of the sleeves, length of the dress, where the collar is ect. ect.
Once your sim has made a few things they can open up their very own fashion boutique, including CASH REGISTERS, manniquens, clothes racks, decorations and signs. Pretty soon every sim in Sunset valley wouldnt be caught dead without Designs by Bella.Thats when sims can hold a photoshoot or runway show.

At the concert hall awards are given to the best Movie, tv show, Album, Music Video and Design of the week. Sims who win these automatically get 4 stars if they havent so already.

Now what makes Show Biz what it is the adoring fans. When regular sims at home watch a certain show, listen to a certain artist, or wear a certain desiner, they can become fans of this person.
Sims can then go to the record store to pick up posters or tees with the sims picture on it (The default thumbnail picture if no photoshoots were held yet)
When sims see their favorite celebrity They can chase them, ask for autographs or even bow at their feet. Watch out if your sim become a little obsessed, they might get arrested for stalking the sim. :lol:

The Theme:
I would love to see an old hollywood theme, complete with 1930s-60s hollywood hair, clothing and furniture. Much like http://media.fashionmagazine.com/images/BlkDahlia_250x320_.jpg or http://5.media.tumblr.com/jCcfUD4Nmk878vt8jfOniCYXo1_500.jpg

Another theme included can be classic punk rock and roll.

NEw items:
Of course many instruments
Also:
Green screen
Sewing Machine
Store Supplies
Things for the hollywood nightclubs like disco ball, dj booth, bars ect.

New Traits:
Materialistic
Drama King/Queen
Born to Rock and Roll
Eye for Fashion
Critical
Starstruck
Hates Celebrities
Good Actor

Some traits already in the game such as Virtuso, Creative or Over Emotional these would also help.

Lastly:
I'd love to see some real world stars included, maybe Britney Spears, Audrey Hepburn, lady Gaga, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, and more!

Please leave comments, suggestions, ideas or how you would feel about a pack like this. Thanks :)

ghostanimal
8th Aug 2009, 9:18 AM
I think it would be cool if there was a kiddie pool for toddler sims to splash around in while my sims are floating, or a "Learn to swim" option. I learned to swim when I was in the toddler-age frame. Why shouldn't my Sims?

happycowlover
8th Aug 2009, 9:33 AM
mickeymouse, your idea is AMAZING! I would LOVE to play that as a Superstar remake. The one suggestion I would make is that there be a glamorous, high fashion style that comes along with the Old Hollywood style.

sayyadina
8th Aug 2009, 3:13 PM
I would like the Downtown-area to be more elaborate. More shops, more restaurants and clubs. Apartments.An OFB-option.
It would be nice if the neighborhood expanded.
I would like to see pets and weather.
It would like it if they could swim in the ocean and have boats.
And vacation-spots. I want my sims to be able to have more than one house, especially the rich ones.
Basically I want things from the Sims2 I guess...
All my sims do right now is work and work, and it gets boring when the entire game is about careers. There should be alternative careers, artist, stay-at-home-parent,farming - since so many sims spend all their time doing this things.
More musical instruments! Where is the piano, I miss it! And since you can choose the music-career and get famous, there really should be a stage in the park for the "performance"-option.
And hopefully more hair and clothes....

Astrognash
9th Aug 2009, 5:08 PM
they should add wind instruments into the game, like Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, Flute, Clarinet, Bassoon, Oboe, Piccolo, Tuba, French Horn, etc.

weenerbunny
9th Aug 2009, 5:50 PM
I'd like the game to expand more on the whole "charity" thing. The sims is so... suburban middle class... and that is just such an utterly unrealistic life model for most people. Being able to donate to sims charities hints at the game acknowledging not everyone is well off, but I would love that to be expanded.

Homelessness:
Playing a homeless sim might not be feasible as an in-game feature (excepting Robin's excellent blog of course) but it would be nice to have homeless NPCs that my sims could interact with, and who could have a chance of getting out of homelessness with maybe that being mentioned in the newspaper. They could beg, or ask for work, or sell the Sim equivalent of the Big Issue.

Maybe a homeless shelter or crisis centre that good sims could volunteer at just one or two days a week - as a way for teenage sims to engage in work without working so much that it becomes a struggle to fit in scool, homework, work and play (seriously, I managed it in college without getting burned out and had several hobbies, why is it so hard in-game?).

Nomadic people:
Maybe have a Romany NPC group that visit the town occassionally - although I suppose there is a risk they would be awfully stereotyped.

Downtown:
Sims seriously needs an inner-city living environment - living in flats would be awesome - the default living thing could be, rather than in the house with the outside world all around, in the flat with the rest of the building all around and the option to go outside. A greater number of low-end jobs that don't pay great but are realistic - factory work, street cleaning, labourer, etc.

Farm:
Pets for Sims 2 was a major disappointment. It was essentially a stuff pack with a dog and a cat added (hamster-things were so cheaply done they were more like a decorative object with interactions). I would love a pack that allowed Sims to runa farm as a home business, allowed keeping livestock like sheep, goats, pigs, cows, chickens, rabbits, geese, turkeys, venison... and obviously allowed milking, shearing and butchering (butchering I can see them having trouble with, since it is kid-friendly... maybe send the animals to the butchers and get either money or meat back?.

And then obviously butter and cheesemaking, use of spindles and looms to process harvested wool, leathermaking from the animal skins maybe. You could also run a non-animal farm where vetegables are grown on an industrial basis and you could run an orchard, grow soya, grow vegetables... and have the option to either harvest by hand or use rideable vehicles to harvest/plow etc.

Homecrafts:
Riffing off of the above... I know so many people that love sewing, knitting, crochet, naalbinding, making their own bread, preserves, beer, wine, butter, etc. I would love to be able to have my sims take up these sort of things as a hobby. The range of creative hobbies is so limited right now. Paint, write or play guitar. Or collect stuff. Woo. What about geeky sims? They can catch butterflies, bugs fish etc but can't study them or do anything with them.

Smaller Lots:
Houses in Sims are huge. Really huge. And always have space between every house. I don't know if that is normal in America but most people in UK have small houses with tiny garden and detached houses are rare compared to semidetatched and terrace houses. Also over here most gardens are very small so, if you want more growing space, most people rent an allotment rather than dig up their own tiny garden. Ooh! Allotments! A social area where you rent a space for growing your own veggies etc in.

kiwi_tea
9th Aug 2009, 6:42 PM
Farm: Pets for Sims 2 was a major disappointment. It was essentially a stuff pack with a dog and a cat added (hamster-things were so cheaply done they were more like a decorative object with interactions). I would love a pack that allowed Sims to runa farm as a home business, allowed keeping livestock like sheep, goats, pigs, cows, chickens, rabbits, geese, turkeys, venison... and obviously allowed milking, shearing and butchering (butchering I can see them having trouble with, since it is kid-friendly... maybe send the animals to the butchers and get either money or meat back?.

If done well, a Rural Life EP would be a big hit. Look at how popular some farming simulators are among non-core gamers? The Harvest Moon franchise has a loyal fanbase, and farming simulators are taking over Facebook at the moment. I grew up up on a large farm, and for that reason I am now a vegetarian, so obviously I'd happily see butchering removed from the mix entirely. There are plenty of ways to farm without killing animals: Cows give milk, hens and ducks give eggs, sheep give wool (would tie in well with the Sims 2 sewing skill), and pigs give bristles and they can search for truffles. The conversion of animal to meat could be treated by the game, but it's a cruel and disgusting business that really isn't gamer friendly. Better not to deal with it at all, unless they want to raise 'issues'.

Actually, given the seasonal nature of farming, it would be the perfect EP to introduce seasons with.

weenerbunny
9th Aug 2009, 7:00 PM
Aye, I think you're right that the meat thing would definitely be very tricky for a lot of people, wouldn't it? Maybe instead, it would be a simple matter of selling adult animals to a market or something if you end up with too many. If only because I can see it being an issue of having too many animals if the livestock procreate at all.

Oh, and your post reminded me. More vetegarian meal options (more meal options generally, but definitely more vegetarian options). While I do still eat meat I have reduced my consumption of it a lot and lets face it, the variety of things available if you cut out meat are huge in RL, but quite rubbish in-game.

SyrianBeauty
9th Aug 2009, 7:22 PM
I would like to drive the car around town (like Gta style) and go into the shops/restaurants/ cinema etc and see what they do, put things in the basket when shopping and really buy the things from the pay desk :)

P.s. Sorry for my English i am from Holland :)

xdawnx5
9th Aug 2009, 7:23 PM
I think it would be great to have something more to do with kids/teens.

I love making families on the sims 3 but then you get to the point where its like great so whats next? :rolleyes:

Holiday camp, school fairs, school trips i think all these kind of things would be great... but stuff you can actually go with them on. And maybe a boot camp for the kids that are failing in school ...military style haha :rofl: (mental image of geeky sim kid in boot camp)

drillitc
9th Aug 2009, 8:21 PM
For some reason, the nude patch is not working for me...I downloaded stuffit to extract the file and replaced the file in the Game/bin file. But it doesn't appear on the game when playing...any tips....anyone. Oh yea, I have a mac

crocobaura
9th Aug 2009, 8:26 PM
There's a No mosaic hack on MTS, I think this one afects the game code, and on MATY you can find one by CyberoPS I think, which affects the game shaders. Don't know which one you have, but maybe one of them still works considering they work differently?

vivalakevin
9th Aug 2009, 8:37 PM
I don't know if that is normal in America but most people in UK have small houses with tiny garden and detached houses are rare compared to semidetatched and terrace houses.
Haha, unfortunately that is how suburban America is. My yard is considered small, even though I'm about 50 meters from the next house. Everything in America is basically large and unattractive. Like many of the people. :giggler:
I'm sorry, I had to.

Heretic Chick
10th Aug 2009, 9:27 AM
vivalakevin: LOL! So true!

Anyway, I would LOVE a remake of Superstar! I have missed it so much. They gotta bring back the sushi cart, the at-home masseuse, the challenges, the celebrities, and the Obsessed Fan. I want some actors damn it!

Thinking about objects and stuff, whatever happened to the Sims 1 stuff like the Go-go dancers that popped out of the giant cake and the "nectar" press? Sure, they were slightly "adult", but I really want those things back. Though, there would probably be some mom groups that would get all up-in-arms about it.

The at-home careers thing is a great idea. I would love to have my artists to actually be "Artists" without being considered "Unemployed". Though, it would be awesome if while painting at home they could also have the option to exhibit in galleries and go to art openings (like Opportunities).

As mentioned before, dating and nightlife would be great to have again. My sims seem to get that "go outside and go to a community lot" moodlet a lot because there's nothing to do so they stay inside.

Angstrom
10th Aug 2009, 5:52 PM
As i mentioned in the World Adventure thread, I hope that future expansionpack towns are not based on the American Midwest or central California, as nearly all previous towns have been.

All neighborhoods in the Sims 2 expansions, except Takemizu, seemed to be located in the United States. (Twikki was apparently Hawaii, and Three Lakes seemed to be in the Rockies or the Pacific Northwest.)

stygia2002
10th Aug 2009, 6:20 PM
I agree...I love checking out different cultures, even if it's just doing research. In Sims 2 I had different themes in different neighborhoods (I had an old world Scotland, Ancient Egypt, France, Victorian England and a Sims Italy). It took alot of CC but it was really fun doing the research and making the neighborhoods. Since they've made it impossible for us to create our own neighborhoods, it would be nice if they'd do it in future EPs.

DazzledbyEC
10th Aug 2009, 10:57 PM
I agree...I love checking out different cultures, even if it's just doing research. In Sims 2 I had different themes in different neighborhoods (I had an old world Scotland, Ancient Egypt, France, Victorian England and a Sims Italy). It took alot of CC but it was really fun doing the research and making the neighborhoods. Since they've made it impossible for us to create our own neighborhoods, it would be nice if they'd do it in future EPs.

They are. In the Adventures pack.

stygia2002
11th Aug 2009, 1:43 AM
I *know* that. :lol: I mean in future packs. Or (bright idea :!!: ) they could just release a neighborhood editor/creator so we could do it ourselves.

Jordan09
12th Aug 2009, 6:59 PM
Personally I really hope that the second pack has some way in which the rabbit holes, or at least some of them are opened up. I think a good idea for an expansion pack would be a downtown or such, so that we could have nightclubs, businesses, the movie theatre etc. I just think it would make the game so much more varied and interesting.

FlamePoint
12th Aug 2009, 9:49 PM
Great ideas, I love these kinds of threads.

When it comes to old features that I wish were brought back. I would have to go with aliens, weather and the ability to make your own neighborhood. The aliens were a lot of fun, especially when people made their own kinds and put them up. The weather, it just seems off that its not around anymore. In my opinion the seasons expansion was the best one in the Sims 2. So its weird that they added most of the other features but not weather.. and juicers. Those were awesome. Neighborhoods, seriously? I thought this was a given.

Now I know that most if not all of the previous ideas were already mentioned. So bear with me as I try to be more original...

Strollers or those baby strap-on carriers. Just some way for an adult to carry their kid around. I find it really annoying whenever you see random toddlers lying around in the park. Also, why cant Sims hand babies to other Sims? Instead they have to put them down and have the other Sim pick them up again...

Interacting with any body of water. Like being able to swim in the lake/river/pond. Or going out in a boat and being able to fish in the middle of the lake. Also great for exploring. So maybe this could be in an exploration themed expansion. Or something that had to do with living off the land.

More flexibility when it comes to building/landscaping. I read somewhere that the first Sims game started out as a building simulator. So why do we get so little freedom and variety when it comes to designing a house? Things like changing the height of a wall/floor. Being able to put walls next to a foundation. And better basements and stairs as someone else had mentioned. Oh and ladders/pull-out stairs for attics.

Other things I wish were included, but are extremely unlikely to happen.

Realistic lighting, when you have a wall that's two floors high and you put a lamp at the bottom, it lights the wall on the same level as it is correctly but doesn't affect the wall that's above that. Same thing happens with foundations. So you can't have realistic looking lights mounted high up.

An official mod tool. Its amazing that people have managed to make their own mod tools. And I'm very thankful that they have. It makes this community and many others possible. Its also what kept me playing Sims all these years. Its sad when developers get greedy like this and discourage the community from making their own things by making it difficult. Games like Oblivion, Dungeon Siege, Half Life 1 and 2. And many more, have thrived because people make so many great mods for them. Its sad that EA went in the other direction with their item mall. And went as far as not even releasing a measly neighborhood maker with the base game.

A lot of these didn't really have to do with expansions, but were more like features in an expansion so forgive me if I went a bit off topic. Phew this post is getting long...

mongoska
12th Aug 2009, 10:12 PM
Magic town was pretty cool.... Anyone remember the rollercoasters?

That's what I want, a theme park!

SCREAM ON DEATH SIMS! *choke*

stygia2002
12th Aug 2009, 11:42 PM
I love the rollercoasters...and Magic Town is all kinds of fun. What I wish they could bring back is that sense of The Sims being a "labor of love", not just a business project. I know that probably doesn't count because it isn't "stuff in the game", but there used to be a real sense that the people working on The Sims had a genuine love for the game and it was reflected in the game. I miss that alot.

weenerbunny
12th Aug 2009, 11:45 PM
What I wish they could bring back is that sense of The Sims being a "labor of love", not just a business project.

Oh my, yes. I thought at first that I was only feeling this way since discovering DF, since Toady makes every ther game developer on th eplanet look like a lazy fool. But Sims 3 does seem somewhat half-heartedly put together.

rainblossom
14th Aug 2009, 4:33 AM
this isn't completely an expansion pack idea, and i'm not sure if it's been mentioned (way too lazy to go through 10 pages of posts) but they should have teen internships.

it could work like toddle development skills, only they would intern with one of the businesses and that way, when they start actual jobs, they could start higher up on the career ladder.

and, i didn't play sims 2, but i would love a pets expansion. Seeing as, I'm not allow a pet larger than a dwarf rabbit in real life, i would be devastated if even my sims couldn't own a pet.

Sims3Addicted
14th Aug 2009, 1:38 PM
There's already so many great idea's mentioned here. It was fun reading through this thread!

I'd have to agree with weather, but I'd also like to see a city neighborhood. I'd also *love* the ability to be able to designate which bedroom belongs to which Sim!

Chikitulfo
17th Aug 2009, 11:55 AM
This is my first sims game, so I don't know most of the EPs of the other games most of you miss here.

But the two thing i feel missing here are:

Businesses definitely!! Ability to make a business and make it success or lose all you've got y you don't run it well; Also more investments places and that those places on't always make the same money, like IRL they could make more or less each week, or even make no money, they could even ruin, so another person comes and tries to build the business again (it could be you or just the game), and then, if it bankrupts you lose the money you invested.

Also playing different households at a time: I'd really like to be able to take my recently aged-up young adult son to go living to a different house with a friend, control their lives, and still control the parents household (who are still raising other kids). Then you could mchoose how many money each of them has (or have them share money), and definitely controling more than 8 sims!

missmex
17th Aug 2009, 3:05 PM
I WANT THE PINK (VIBRATING..) VIBROMATIC HEART BED :< !!!! LOL (I HAD THE SIMS 2 FOR PLAYSTATION 2.....:) )

I HAD BARELY GOTTEN THE SIMS 2 AND ALL THE EXPANSIONS/STUFF PACKS WHEN MY COMPUTER GOT A NASTY VIRUS....SO I DIDNT GET TO PLAY MUCH OF IT BEFORE FORMAT... :/ SO I WOULDNT KNOW MUCH OF WHAT WAS IN THERE.....

BUT WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME IS TO HAVE KIDDIE LOVE/CRUSHES LIKE IRL... AND FOR SIMS TO ACTUALLY GET DISEASES AND ACTUALLY USE THE HOSPITAL BESIDES ONLY POPPING OUT BABIES. MORE JOBS, SOMETHING CREATIVE LIKE ICE-CREAM PARLOR CLERK ;) BASKIN ROBBINS? :p LET THERE BE GENIES, MAGIC, VAMPIRES, WITCHES, CELEBRITIES, ACTORS........

OH, AND MY #1- ABILITY TO GO ROCK CLIMBING!!!

PETS OBVSLY.....HAVE MORE GRIEF/SADNESS MOMENTS, DEATH BY ATTACK OF BEES(MORE INSECTS...) BARS, NITE CLUBS :) , VET AND VET JOB, GYPSIE , A BANK, A CHURCH FOR AN OPTION WITH NO SPECIFIC RELIGION, MORE SKILL OBJECTS, MORE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT, ROCK POOL SLIDE, POOL LANDSCAPING, ABILITY TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL FOR THE BAD KID SIMS...RUNAWAYS TOO, HAHA AND HAVE PREMISCUITY AS A TRAIT(BAHAHA).

missmex
17th Aug 2009, 3:08 PM
this isn't completely an expansion pack idea, and i'm not sure if it's been mentioned (way too lazy to go through 10 pages of posts) but they should have teen internships.

it could work like toddle development skills, only they would intern with one of the businesses and that way, when they start actual jobs, they could start higher up on the career ladder.

and, i didn't play sims 2, but i would love a pets expansion. Seeing as, I'm not allow a pet larger than a dwarf rabbit in real life, i would be devastated if even my sims couldn't own a pet.

I AGREE WITH THE TEEN INTERNSHIPS! :D

LovethMia
17th Aug 2009, 6:02 PM
Great ideas! Not sure if I could come up with any others lol but I'd like to try. :D If only EA actually appreciated what their customers liked. Please, please, PLEASE! bring back the weather from TS2 Seasons. I stumbled on the Sims a smidgeon before Sims 2 came out lol. I played The Sims on Playstation 2 and fell in love instantaneously - was anxious to move to the PC realm because I'd heard it offered so much. What can I say I was hooked from the word loading. Sims 2 Seasons was by far the best expansion pack in my opinion. It made my little sims' lives SO much more realistic! I could go on and on about how much I love it but I'm trying not to write a book as my first post. :) So here are a few of the things I'd like to see in the Sims 3:

-Expansion packs add neighborhoods to the set town... so with each expansion pack, the town is expanded... kinda of like new development. I know someone already mentioned combining similar features of TS2 expansion packs into expansion packs for TS3 which would be great and less costly since we have to pay for EA content already. x_x' I'm sure this would bring back loading screens which in all honesty I didn't mind. In this instance I think people could make an exception... or you could switch from one location to the other without the loading screen granted all neighborhoods aren't synced.

Nightlife/Urbz/Apartments - I really enjoyed playing SimsUrbz on PS2. The peircings, the tattoos, the careers, the music the whole feel of it appealed to me and I hoped Nightlife would encompass that somewhat sooo let's combine them! Create a downtown urbanized 'city' as part of Sunset Valley. Add lots that recreate the 'district' theme of SimsUrbz. Add new clothes, furniture, walls, floors, hairstyles all that jazz. For some reason Apartments just speak city to me so I think Apartment Life should be combined with Nightlife. :/

Seasons/Free Time/Holiday Stuff - hobbies were excellent let's bring them back too. When I think of Hobbies I think cold winter nights or fresh spring air soo with hobbies there could be more child friendly perks to the game like summer vacation, winter breaks, and spring breaks for children/teens. I'd also really enjoy it if Sims had birthdays every Sim year... ie if your sim is born during winter, it'll grow into a the next stage the following winter (except babies which could grow into toddlers two seaons from the date of birth and then a child the coming winter)... but I could be asking too much. Anyway, Seasons of course makes us think of holidays. It'd be pretty neat for like the last two days of winter if Sunset Valley could be decked in Christmas gear or the last day of autumn for it to be kinda spooky. Someone mentioned having a more child-centered expansion-like thing. I think having a Seasons/Free Time/Holiday Stuff expansion would bring more detail to Sim kids. Ballet or soccer practice, violin or piano lessons could be just a few of the activities from Free Time that kids could enjoy during summer break and maybe even have recitals at the town square where their parents and friends could watch them perform. I think this would definitely highlight Sim traits. Sore losers, perfectionists!, creative sims and all that kind of jazz.

Exploration/Vacation - okay I realize this is becoming an article instead of a post but I've got so many ideas! This is the last one, I promise. :) I had read someone's post about not being able to swim in rivers/lakes/ponds etc. I think that's a great idea! Give Sims more freedom to be free! I'd love for Sims to be able to do that, gives the country a more country feel, you know? Exploration was a big thing in the Bon Voyage expansion. I think adding new interactions and stuff would be great for this. Not just Egypt and Paris like in the first TS3 expansion but places like the mountains, the beach, Asia, and also the country side.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is... if EA wants to limit what customers can do with a wide-open game they should give us more to work with. I was even thinking they should come out with a computer specifically for the Sims that way there's no limit to what you can do or have. I can't create content to save my soul lol but I did buy a brand spanking new computer so that I could have everything I wanted for the game and not have my machine suffer for it.

/Mia's 85 cents... cause that was way more than 2.

P.S. Dating should definitely be brought back in the Nightlife/Urbz/Apartment Life thingy. Lol Annnd University! That'd be so awesome if Sims could go to college.

I guess we'll have to see how this one plays out.

WaikeCU
17th Aug 2009, 8:57 PM
As we all could see, the game will have some foreign influences. Foreign cultures will be in our games.

So while you're eating Dim Sum or Sushi ingame, the fork should be replaced by chopsticks!

It isnt much work to do, because the way the sim is holding the fork = the way to hold a chopstick...

MrsNervousSubject
19th Aug 2009, 9:56 AM
I want want see in expansion packs: Taits:shy,greedy,collector,animal lover,dislikes animals,dislikes plants,prideful, Pets:panda,pig,wolf,dogs,cats,japaness fighting fish,cows,sheep,meerkats,goats,mice,rats,bears,raccoon,turtle,boar,penguin,bunny,rabbit,squirrel,monkey,weasels,horses,ostriches,chickens,duck,crows,dragons,silkworms,bat,vampire bat, new things pets do:Get eggs form chickens,ducks and ostriches,milk form cows and gaots,get to ride on horses,if evil get monkey to steal money form sims,get silk form silkworms,wool form sheep, Building:shoping mall,clothing shop,pet shop, Be able to make own town Hair:very long hair male and female,curly hair male and female,inuyasha hair male and famale,inuyasha's brother hair male,anime hair male and famale,sailor moon hair female,japaness hair,gothic hair male and famale, Monsters:vampires,werewolves,sea monster,mummies,zombies,mermaids,big foot,dragons, New ways to Die:animal atttacks,monsters eat you,sharks attacks,fell out windows,die form deing too cold or hot,food poisioning, Be able to marry all monsters and monsters feed on sims for food,turn them or kill them Jobs:vampires jobs,werewolves jobs,Monster hunthers,harry potter jobs,School jobs,fasion jobs,fast food,zoo keeper,Movie Star, genetics:fangs,better elf ears,claws,fox ears,cat ears,fox tails,bunny ears,wolf tail,cat tails,animal fur skins for make animal sims,bat wing ears,angle wings,dragon wings,bat wings,bird wings,dog tails, monsters can kill monster hunther and monster hunther can monster Stuff Pack I want See harry potter,gothic,anime,pets,good and evil,animal sims,vampires,werewolves,king and queen,Movie Stars,nightlife,holidays,farm and city life,aliens,zoo,shoping,Dating,

.. Dude.

I mean, you have got some alright ideas but.. How many people do you reckon sat down and read that? We may play with virtual dollies but we have better things to do. o_o. Couldn't you have just summarised it as; "I want a whole lot of stuff EAxis is too dumb to make"? :rofl:

Sims3Addicted
19th Aug 2009, 11:04 AM
He/she took the time to write it, so I read it all.

I guess I value people's opinions *shrugs*

Limogi
21st Aug 2009, 3:18 AM
I'd REALLY like it if I could return a Sim to CAS. Often the Sim looks good in CAS, but in the game they look weird, and then there's just no way to change them. I hate that.

Limogi
21st Aug 2009, 3:20 AM
As we all could see, the game will have some foreign influences. Foreign cultures will be in our games.

So while you're eating Dim Sum or Sushi ingame, the fork should be replaced by chopsticks!

It isnt much work to do, because the way the sim is holding the fork = the way to hold a chopstick...

I agree! Cool idea!

Ericxcore
21st Aug 2009, 8:21 PM
I'd REALLY like it if I could return a Sim to CAS. Often the Sim looks good in CAS, but in the game they look weird, and then there's just no way to change them. I hate that.

i know theres an editsim cheat in the awesomemod that sends your sim back to CAS.
but i really dont want to download the awesome mod.
i hope someone eventually makes the cheat by itself as a non-core mod :)

Limogi
22nd Aug 2009, 2:42 AM
i know theres an editsim cheat in the awesomemod that sends your sim back to CAS.
but i really dont want to download the awesome mod.
i hope someone eventually makes the cheat by itself as a non-core mod :)

I realized one can press that "..." button in CAS (next to the little avatar face)and save your sim to the bin. Ingame you can goto the mirror and enter CAS and then press "..." next to the sims avatar and save it to the bin as well!, so basically what I wanted is already there!
Of course, the sim probably comes out new and unskilled, and you have a cloned copy...

Wicked_poppies
22nd Aug 2009, 5:18 AM
Ok, so I dont understand why they dont make a supernatrual sims 3 expansion. Not everyone wants bigfoot and vamps in there game... but i do.... why dont they just pacage all that crap like vamps, and zombies, and whiches, and magic in one expansion, so we can have it all if we want......

dancliff123
22nd Aug 2009, 4:58 PM
The Expansion pack i would want to show is pet! :giggler:
but i really hope that we can interchange on being God and being a sim.
And while being a sim, we can walk ourselves using the arrow keys and explore all we want :cool: :anime:

dancliff123
22nd Aug 2009, 5:00 PM
.. Dude.

I mean, you have got some alright ideas but.. How many people do you reckon sat down and read that? We may play with virtual dollies but we have better things to do. o_o. Couldn't you have just summarised it as; "I want a whole lot of stuff EAxis is too dumb to make"? :rofl:

lol xD that IS long o.o

Thanatozz
22nd Aug 2009, 6:53 PM
Also more investments places and that those places on't always make the same money, like IRL they could make more or less each week, or even make no money, they could even ruin, so another person comes and tries to build the business again (it could be you or just the game), and then, if it bankrupts you lose the money you invested.

Yes. I had hoped something like this was already in the game when I first started. For instance there's 2 restaurant places to work, but it doesn't seem to matter where you work. It would be great if you could work your way to the top in one and put the other place out of business. Same between the police and criminal careers. The NH feels very dead and there's so little impact you can have on it.