PDA

View Full Version : Alien Invasion!

Lindley1230
7th May 2010, 1:12 PM
The Challenge
You have been sent to Earth from your dying home planet in order to ensure the survival of your the species. You have been educated about humans and their planet enough to be able to survive here.

Unfortunately, they only had the means to send one of your kind, due to limited resources. However, your species is genetically similar enough to that of human beings to reproduce with them.

Your task is to breed a new civillisation of aliens. The challenge ends when your original alien dies, since his mission's been accomplished, but you can carry on playing if you want to - it just means that you won't gain any more points after your original alien has died.

I haven't actually tried this challenge myself, yet, so if you think something needs altering, please let me know.

Setting Up
Make a new town.
Delete the school, or use a mod to ensure that children aren't obliged to attend. Your alien children won't be attending.
Decide on the colouration for your alien race - it doesn't matter if it's red, blue, green or custom, as long as it looks distinct and isn't in use by anybody else. Anybody without this colouration is considered human, and anybody with it is considered alien.
Create one male young adult Sim with this colouration. Everything else about them is optional, but choose their traits wisely, since they won't be allowed in contact with human beings.
Design your house, keeping in mind that you do not want many humans to see you.

Rules
You may not use cheats, with a few exceptions:
- For decoration.
- For deducting funds as bribes as described in the last two rules.
- For capturing humans. Capturing will be detailed in a moment.
- To modify an alien child's traits directly after aging up if you feel they do not deserve the negative traits gained from bad grades, since they will not be attending school.
Custom content is allowed, but it must not help the user cheat or gain any other unfair advantage.
Items that lengthen lifespan are permitted as long as they're legitimately gained and not cheat mods.
Aliens cannot be seen by humans. Any alien that falls into the line of sight of a human being without talking with them or capturing them should be killed. This means you cannot enter rabbitholes and it's ill advised that you should venture outside unless necessary. The only exception to this rule is when you are moving houses - but this doesn't mean that your aliens can move in with humans.
Aliens are not allowed to have a job, but they can make money any other way as long as they don't interact with anyone they don't "capture". "Capturing" a human basically means adding them to your household, you can use cheats and mods to do this or you can befriend them/romance them and persuade them to move in.
After giving birth, females impregnated by males (when either partner is an alien) must be immediately killed.
Alien interaction with human ghosts is not permitted - avoid any NPC ghosts. You may not resurrect humans but you may resurrect aliens.
Humans in your household can go outside and be seen, but they must be killed if they ever do anything that may involve interaction with others (the aliens are paranoid!), including getting a job, and they are not allowed to move out of a household unless they move with aliens. Therefore, it's ill advised to capture humans unless you plan on using them for reproduction.
You may not adopt any children.
You may not give alien children up for adoption.
Human offspring must be given up for adoption as soon as possible. Deduct 10000 from your household funds for every offspring given up for adoption as a bribe to the adoption services.
Deduct 5000 from your household funds for every human an alien character talks with, as a bribe, unless you capture them. Alternatively, you might use a mod (if you can find/make one) in order to send money to the human you are bribing - as long as you still talk to them so that they will keep their mouths shut in the meantime!

Mantis Rules
If you'd like to change things up a little, you could start out with a female rather than a male, and kill any men that she sleeps with, rather than killing her after she gives birth. Since there's not necessarily a 100% chance of pregnancy, this may create additional challenge in the gameplay. The -1 from alien mothers dying would now apply to alien fathers.

Scoring System
Alien baby born: +2
Alien child reaches young adulthood: +2
Alien killed after being seen by a human: -2
Captured human killed after interacting with others: -1
Alien mother killed after giving birth: -1
Lot occupied by an alien (at the end of challenge - don't add every time your sim moves house): +1

Short (25 sim days): multiply point total by 5.
Medium (50 sim days): multiply point total by 2.
Normal (90 sim days): multiply point total by 1 (no change).
Long (190 sim days): multiply point total by 0.4.
Epic (960 sim days): multiply point total by 0.09.

Ribbon Cookie
8th May 2010, 10:06 AM
This is the most interesting challenge I've seen in ages. I've been playing it for a few hours (not keeping score) and it's been very fun. Let me know if I'm reading this right: I'm under the impression that it's okay to have captured humans go out and forage for gems, seeds and the like as long as they don't interact with other sims or go into rabbitholes.

Lindley1230
8th May 2010, 1:50 PM
This is the most interesting challenge I've seen in ages. I've been playing it for a few hours (not keeping score) and it's been very fun. Let me know if I'm reading this right: I'm under the impression that it's okay to have captured humans go out and forage for gems, seeds and the like as long as they don't interact with other sims or go into rabbitholes.

Yeah, it's totally fine. I'm glad you're having fun with this challenge!

Due to the nature of the score system, you could probably work out your score once you're done with the challenge, so you don't need to keep track as you go along.

Nobody
11th May 2010, 3:19 PM
Ok couple things I don't like about this challenge. It's not really a real "invasion" type of scenario. An invasion scenario would involve an "illigitimate" outside component that would be for real or imagined a threat which would invoke outside hostility or violence.

So the challenge needs a "legitimization" pathway. Some way for the aliens to become accepted members of society. Maybe adding a sexually and spiritually intriquing element. Once you have sex with a person you are less of a threat to them unless they have a partner or something else. Maybe adding a genetic mutation element. Have sex with them twice and you can change one or two of their personality traits to make them to be more "employable" or needed by society. Have sex with them 3 times to "capture" them and make them move in. Then before you mate with them for have a baby you can change their skin color to your own. Instead of killing them after you mate you simply must kick them out.
Then some sort of pathway where you can get a job or start doing skill quests based on there being "enough" of you so as not to get "ganged" up on by the game world.
Something like.
Criminal and business career is open to you after you sex up your criminal leader or business boss once.
Have one baby with one capture and kick out. Now able to get job in science or culinary career track.
Have 3 babies with 3 captures and kick outs and you open up police and military.
Once there are 9 of your skin colors available in game world open up music and sports.
Once you're well establish 20 or so of your color open up the high "trust" careers. Politics, medical.

You're captured players will do better than uncaptured because you will be able to buy them rewards that help out in advancement so it should get pretty one sided pretty fast. A really long play end game would be your "race" in highest positions of every job.

NatSoteris
13th May 2010, 3:46 AM
The Money Orders and Wallet Token Controller are both for the sims 2.
Do we just family funds it out?

Lindley1230
17th May 2010, 4:40 PM
The Money Orders and Wallet Token Controller are both for the sims 2.
Do we just family funds it out?
Oops, you're right. I'll fix that. Yeah, just use family funds.

Ok couple things I don't like about this challenge. It's not really a real "invasion" type of scenario. An invasion scenario would involve an "illigitimate" outside component that would be for real or imagined a threat which would invoke outside hostility or violence.

So the challenge needs a "legitimization" pathway. Some way for the aliens to become accepted members of society. Maybe adding a sexually and spiritually intriquing element. Once you have sex with a person you are less of a threat to them unless they have a partner or something else. Maybe adding a genetic mutation element. Have sex with them twice and you can change one or two of their personality traits to make them to be more "employable" or needed by society. Have sex with them 3 times to "capture" them and make them move in. Then before you mate with them for have a baby you can change their skin color to your own. Instead of killing them after you mate you simply must kick them out.
Then some sort of pathway where you can get a job or start doing skill quests based on there being "enough" of you so as not to get "ganged" up on by the game world.
Something like.
Criminal and business career is open to you after you sex up your criminal leader or business boss once.
Have one baby with one capture and kick out. Now able to get job in science or culinary career track.
Have 3 babies with 3 captures and kick outs and you open up police and military.
Once there are 9 of your skin colors available in game world open up music and sports.
Once you're well establish 20 or so of your color open up the high "trust" careers. Politics, medical.

You're captured players will do better than uncaptured because you will be able to buy them rewards that help out in advancement so it should get pretty one sided pretty fast. A really long play end game would be your "race" in highest positions of every job.
I didn't understand most of that post, but here's what I've gathered you're saying:
It's not technically an invasion because there's no real threat to mankind? What about the fact that people are being enslaved and murdered?
The idea of killing female sex partners (or male, if you're playing Mantis) should be scrapped, even though it would remove difficulty from the challenge and make it a lot easier to reproduce, completely screw over the scoring system, as well as make the aliens, as a species, completely harmless? Why?
You need to have sex with someone to capture them? How does that work in a logical sense? What was wrong with my initial idea?
Having sex with a human enough will convert them into aliens, which would result in 100% alien babies - which would somehow make the invasion more "legitimate"? Wouldn't that make the challenge a lot easier?
As an alien, you would evict a human being who knows all about your race and let them talk to whoever they please - especially as it's possible that you've converted them into a member of your own race, and therefore there's no longer any point in evicting them? What was wrong with killing them?
Nobody else in the world would care if hostile aliens were running around free and having jobs, as long as they're banging the boss or have a few babies? No hiding, no secrecy? Oh wait, they're not hostile with your new rules, so they don't need to hide anymore, amirite?
Your new rules, which involve humans become friendly or apathetic towards aliens, and the aliens becoming harmless, would mean that the challenge is now a REAL invasion?
You do not want anybody to die; you want your aliens to be perfectly normal members of society that have jobs; and rather than capturing people against their will, you would gradually persuade them to move in by seducing them? I'm sorry, but did you accidentally post in the wrong topic or are you simply not interested in this kind of challenge?

rubywyld
17th May 2010, 10:50 PM
I like this ! Going to give it a shot right now :) Can the Aliens use the computer to 'friend' up strangers then invite them over and 'capture' them? .. since the humans wouldn't know they are chatting up aliens until the face to face and all??

Nobody
18th May 2010, 9:15 PM
"The Challenge
You have been sent to Earth from your dying home planet in order to ensure the survival of your the species. You have been educated about humans and their planet enough to be able to survive here."

Not trying to be combative with you but If you take sims traits and work them out a coward is not likely to cause you trouble. But any brave sim is gong to kill you and not take a bribe. I'm not downing the challenge it's just that people always seem to want to put severe limitations on the player characters without giving them some sort of path to normal play. This is not the definition of a "challenge" it's the definition of play redefining through limitations.
If the game mechanics allowed special interactions like freezing other NPC or something it would be "fun". But an alien serial killer is not likely to have much of a future in any society other than being beat to death by a piece of park bench. If there's not a "legitimization" pathway then the game is simply capturing one human and making them your servant till you die.

Xunnybunny
26th May 2010, 10:27 PM
-Snerk- First thing, Lindley, you totally owned Nobody in your first post reacting to their "suggestion". Secon, I couldn't understand their post either. Third, this is an amazingly awesome idea, but just a question. By "kill" do you mean just delete their character or actually kill them like drown them or starve them to death?

NatSoteris
29th May 2010, 9:12 PM
I have another question, is it possible for us to put children up for adoption?
Or can I merely kill them? I have finished another challenge and I was considering doing this one. (:

Edit: Also, Nobody I would like to address to you that this is a game, and this is a challenge. If you have a problem, then don't play it. Besides with some of the mods out now, the aliens can pose a valid threat. Such as the Dexter Mod. I'm pretty sure they have a gun mod for WA. I find it quite rude at your need to constantly nag about the challenge. You have every right to voice your opinion, I'm not saying you don't, but when you feel the need to combatively argue back and forth It's rude to the people interested in the challenge.

Meshinina
2nd Jun 2010, 4:58 AM
I am going to be doing this challenge, but I am going to tweak it a little bit. I'm going to add changes to it to make it easier to work with, and more realistic.

Honestly, I'm not big on challenges but I like the way this one sounds and it would make for an interesting story. I'll take some pictures for you when I get started. ^_^

Lindley1230
15th Sep 2010, 3:14 PM
Okay, sorry for bumping this thread up after it hasn't had a reply since June, but I thought that more people might be interested in this challenge and I hope that my new responses add some value to the thread. Sorry for the late replies, everybody.

I like this ! Going to give it a shot right now Can the Aliens use the computer to 'friend' up strangers then invite them over and 'capture' them? .. since the humans wouldn't know they are chatting up aliens until the face to face and all??
I don't see why not.

"The Challenge
You have been sent to Earth from your dying home planet in order to ensure the survival of your the species. You have been educated about humans and their planet enough to be able to survive here."

Not trying to be combative with you but If you take sims traits and work them out a coward is not likely to cause you trouble. But any brave sim is gong to kill you and not take a bribe. I'm not downing the challenge it's just that people always seem to want to put severe limitations on the player characters without giving them some sort of path to normal play. This is not the definition of a "challenge" it's the definition of play redefining through limitations.
If the game mechanics allowed special interactions like freezing other NPC or something it would be "fun". But an alien serial killer is not likely to have much of a future in any society other than being beat to death by a piece of park bench. If there's not a "legitimization" pathway then the game is simply capturing one human and making them your servant till you die.
Problem is, it's pretty difficult to figure out the traits of the random NPC Sims unless you talk to them, so you're gonna have to talk to them anyway. You could use this approach to figure out if you want to capture or bribe a Sim. If you really want to, I suppose you could always kill off your alien whenever they encounter a human Sim that isn't an insane coward, but I would only imagine that this limitation would make the challenge very frustrating.

If you want to, you're allowed to do things like freezing other NPCs to silence them instead of just bribing or capturing them, but I was hoping to make this challenge friendly to people who can't or don't want to install CC like that. After all, this challenge is only meant as a guideline and the most important thing is that you're enjoying gameplay.

You're quite wrong that "the game is simply capturing one human and making them your servant till you die". You gain points from reproducing, and you will inevitably need to capture more than one human in order to reproduce as much as possible, since your humans die in the act of reproduction.

I don't really see the point of including a "legitimization" pathway. Why would anybody take this challenge if they were interested in normal, unlimited gameplay? However, if you really want to, I suppose the only plausible path to "legitimization" would be to populate the town with aliens until humans became a comparatively powerless minority force. I'm not sure how you'd achieve this in a single household and you probably won't be able to achieve this within the lifespan of your original alien, which is the only period of time that this challenge (as I've written it) covers, so the challenge would be over before you reached "legitimization". Of course, that doesn't stop you playing after the end of the challenge, so if you want to try converting the whole town into an alien colony, go ahead and do it; if it's something you'd enjoy, I don't see why you shouldn't give it a try, it's just that you wouldn't get officially scored for it.

-Snerk- First thing, Lindley, you totally owned Nobody in your first post reacting to their "suggestion". Secon, I couldn't understand their post either. Third, this is an amazingly awesome idea, but just a question. By "kill" do you mean just delete their character or actually kill them like drown them or starve them to death?
As long as they get dead, I don't think it really matters how they die. I left that as an open book due to the existence of things like weapon mods.

I have another question, is it possible for us to put children up for adoption?
Or can I merely kill them? I have finished another challenge and I was considering doing this one. (:

Edit: Also, Nobody I would like to address to you that this is a game, and this is a challenge. If you have a problem, then don't play it. Besides with some of the mods out now, the aliens can pose a valid threat. Such as the Dexter Mod. I'm pretty sure they have a gun mod for WA. I find it quite rude at your need to constantly nag about the challenge. You have every right to voice your opinion, I'm not saying you don't, but when you feel the need to combatively argue back and forth It's rude to the people interested in the challenge.
The rules say that you should put human children up for adoption ASAP. However, if you want to, I guess you could kill them.

I don't think Nobody was really being rude. He was offering his honest thoughts and feedback on my Challenge and he was not being offensive. He didn't exactly sugercoat his thoughts, but that's not a problem unless he makes a fuss when other people react negatively.

I am going to be doing this challenge, but I am going to tweak it a little bit. I'm going to add changes to it to make it easier to work with, and more realistic.

Honestly, I'm not big on challenges but I like the way this one sounds and it would make for an interesting story. I'll take some pictures for you when I get started. ^_^
I'm glad that you've taken an interest in this challenge; it's now been a few months, have you made any progress? I'd be really interested in seeing some pictures if you have any.

zaya512
17th Sep 2010, 5:16 PM
if they can't go out or can't be seen by a human they have not already talked to how are they supposed to meet humans to talk to and or capture

Lindley1230
3rd Oct 2010, 4:02 PM
if they can't go out or can't be seen by a human they have not already talked to how are they supposed to meet humans to talk to and or capture
They can go out, but if they are seen by anybody that they do not capture or bribe they are penalised. You are not penalised as long as you capture or bribe anybody who sees you.

Please read the first post more carefully next time. Thanks for taking interest in the challenge, though!

EchoOfTheStars
16th Oct 2010, 4:59 AM
i might try this, but I don't really play the sims 3 enough to know how to do everything, so how to you putup for adoption and bribe?

Mai2008
30th Jan 2011, 8:29 PM
I really like the challenge and all but i will ask a question that may bother you.

Insted of killing the humans, could we make them into slaves? I think it might be a bit better-for me ;) . Its just i have some cool slave outfits and that would give me an excuse to use them :giggler: .

Also im going to play this with sims 2 since the traits dont matter that much :D .

FEAR THE BARMY ARMY!
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

Tasselcat
31st Jan 2011, 5:26 PM
Aliens! I've been looking for an excuse to download some new skintones. :D

According to the rules, all females must be killed after giving birth, even alien females? But we still get a point deduction for killing an alien mother. So the possible solutions would be to ensure only male alien offspring - which would kill off the species over time, if true colonization happened and there weren't any more humans - or to never breed female aliens.

Unless we can switch to Mantis rules with alien daughters. That would be truly dangerous to simkind, having aliens of all genders out to get them. I think I'll try both and see how it goes.

Hey, I have a male pregnancy mod, too! >D

CinderEmma
31st Jan 2011, 10:03 PM
I want to do this challenge :)
I think I'll make it like the Sims 2 Aliens, black eyes, black hair, green skin. Any mutations MUST die. Very picky, but will be a challenge :)