PDA

View Full Version : Pink Diamonds?

TaylaJay
19th Jul 2010, 1:58 PM
I'm trying to make a simbot, and I need to find some pink diamonds and I can't find any anywhere. What's the process of finding them? I know you need to find one of every type of gem to be able to cut them heart-shaped, and I'm working on that. But I can't seem to locate any pink diamonds.

Any help?

HystericalParoxysm
19th Jul 2010, 2:00 PM
If you're playing Sunset Valley or Twinbrook, the spawn locations for Pink Diamonds can be found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Gems

I usually find it easier to have my sims breaking space rock blocks (martial arts, comes with WA) though. You can also use the wotsit digger thingie (or dig in rich peoples' trash) but the fastest way I've found is breaking blocks.

babaji_mendez
19th Jul 2010, 2:05 PM
you can find them suprisingly often in a consignment store, but you need to practice cutting other gems first to get the heart shaped cut

SilentPsycho
19th Jul 2010, 2:16 PM
you can find them suprisingly often in a consignment store, but you need to practice cutting other gems first to get the heart shaped cut

Actually, you just need to find 10 different types of gems for the Heart Cut. No cutting needed.

CamiiMania
19th Jul 2010, 3:16 PM
I get mine by planting my inventor down with his drill in the back yard, I got quite a few that way.

Oh and by the way, the types of gems you dig up don't count towards the 10 you need to unlock the heart cut.

TaylaJay
19th Jul 2010, 3:30 PM
I've found 9 different types of gem, and I've been looking for many sim days to find the pink diamond, it's practically impossible! I've looked in the spawn spots and everywhere else in the town, and I just find all the other gems. My sims getting old, I'm running out of time!

EDIT: I've finally found a pink diamond, but it doesn't give me the option to heart-cut it? I know for sure that I've found atleast 10 different types of gems because I've been keeping track. So what gives?

SilentPsycho
19th Jul 2010, 4:04 PM
EDIT: I've finally found a pink diamond, but it doesn't give me the option to heart-cut it? I know for sure that I've found atleast 10 different types of gems because I've been keeping track. So what gives?

Did you find it mining or in the Consignment store? Apparently it was bugged and didn't count towards the total that way, but I don't know if the patch fixed that. Look in the Skills tab to see how many you've found that the game recognises.

TaylaJay
19th Jul 2010, 4:09 PM
Yeah, I think it's what you said. I've decided to travel and find different gems that way. I hope it works :)

Joshie196
19th Jul 2010, 7:27 PM
Finding gems with the miner, consignment store, breaking space rocks, as well getting rocks from sculpting don't seem to count for me.