PDA

View Full Version : How to edit the shiftable area of curtains

Oddysee
27th Nov 2011, 2:25 AM
I have modded the full wall length Lofty Curtains so that they are at half of their original length, but I cannot shift them up and down walls because the game still thinks they are at their original length. What would I need to edit to be able to shift them properly?

BloomsBase
27th Nov 2011, 3:59 AM
I dont understand wat it is you exactly did?
The game comes already with the lofty curtains half their size.
There is the lofty 2 tile curtain wich length is all the way down on the floor while the lofty curtain is half way.

If you edited the curtain 2 tile loft you might want to change its script in the one from the curtain loft?
Wich program did you use to clone and make them?(and wich one did you clone?)

Oddysee
27th Nov 2011, 9:28 AM
I'm sorry, I edited the 2-tile Lofty Curtain so it sits at the same length as the 1-tile Lofty Curtain. I cloned the 2-tile one with s3oc, and edited it in milkshape.

I changed the paramaters in s3pe so I am able to shift it (shift up/down arrow appears) but it acts like the original in that it won't shift because the ceiling/floor has been reached.
I would like it to shift up/down as much as the orginal 1-tile lofty curtain does.

I'm sorry if I am still confusing. I've added a picture if it helps. Thanks in advance.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/Strange_Oddysee/CurtainsEdit.jpg

Nysha
27th Nov 2011, 9:43 AM
Are you sure it's not just as simple as the IsShiftable value being set to false?

If not, perhaps the bounding box. Which tool(s) are you using?

Oddysee
27th Nov 2011, 11:32 AM
The options I have set to TRUE are:

Object Type Flags> Allow Wall Object on Ground
Wall Placement Flags> On Wall
Wall Placement Flags> Can Be Moved Up Down Wall
Wall Placement Flags> Apply cutout diagonal shift

I have found a tute about editing bounding boxes. I might give that a go and see how it pans out.

EDIT: I opened it up with TSRW and edited the bounding boxes that way. Works a treat and my curtains look great (to me anyways) :D

I really appreciate all the help I have recieved from all of you.

Inge Jones
27th Nov 2011, 2:17 PM
I was just about to say it's yer bounding box lol! The game won't let you shift an object through the floor or ceiling, and it uses the bounding box to work out where the bottom and top of the object is :)

Kaldir
30th Nov 2011, 8:03 PM
Oddysee: do you intent to upload it here? Cause I'd love to have that curtain :)

BloomsBase
30th Nov 2011, 10:29 PM
The options I have set to TRUE are:

Object Type Flags> Allow Wall Object on Ground
Wall Placement Flags> On Wall
Wall Placement Flags> Can Be Moved Up Down Wall
Wall Placement Flags> Apply cutout diagonal shift

I have found a tute about editing bounding boxes. I might give that a go and see how it pans out.

EDIT: I opened it up with TSRW and edited the bounding boxes that way. Works a treat and my curtains look great (to me anyways) :D

I really appreciate all the help I have recieved from all of you.

Export and import the mesh will fix the bounding box in TSRW.
Not sure if you manually edited all the values. :)