PDA

View Full Version : Inability To Save

DameMika
26th Feb 2012, 5:06 AM
*Copypasta'd from MATY*

I just got AL, and everything ran well. Or, I was thinking everything was going well. I made me a little founder, and I was getting REALLY attatched. More in love with a fambly than ever. I find her that rich Armand premade, and they get married. I get her pregnant and renovate the house. I attempt to save. To my eternal dismay, it freezes up. I turned on testing cheats before I loaded the lot to try again. STILL didn't save. I figure it's the lot, so I move them. It finally saves! And lo, there was much rejoicing in the lands. The baby grows into a toddler, and I save on an idyllic father-daughter scene. IT FREEZES AGAIN.

There's either something wrong with the family or saving w/o exiting, because: A) I play the Cordials and nothing ever happens to them because they're Maxian and I don't really give a fat rat's hat, or B) If I exit the neighborhood or game w/ saving it works. The only odd little thing I noticed was that I have 2 TS2EP8s or whatever in TSBin, but I can't imagine why that is or how it would affect saves. :faceslap:

I have ACR, Awesomemod, a censor grid remover, a lot of previously known to be safe bodyshop pieces, and a lot I downloaded AFTER these problems started.

julianarosalia
26th Feb 2012, 8:00 PM
General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problem FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Content FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

Please do the Game Problem FAQ and then let us know if you're problem with saving is fixed.

Ghost sdoj
26th Feb 2012, 8:52 PM
*Copypasta'd from MATY*

I have ACR, Awesomemod, a censor grid remover, a lot of previously known to be safe bodyshop pieces, and a lot I downloaded AFTER these problems started.

I thought Awesomemod was a sims 3 mod? What is it doing in a Sims 2 game? Or is there a Sims 2 version that I have missed seeing?

DameMika
4th Mar 2012, 7:01 PM
The sims 2 version isn't called Awesomemod. It's simply bundled under the Director's Cut. I did the FAQ, it's still not working.

Mootilda
4th Mar 2012, 8:02 PM
I did the FAQ, it's still not working.So, this same problem occurs with a newly generated save game in a newly installed and fully patched game with no CC at all?

Then your next likely problem is hardware or drivers. Please provide us with your system specs:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:System_Specs