PDA

View Full Version : Can a corruption happen when you delete a University?

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 6:03 AM
Alright, I need to ask this. I royally messed up on my legacy, and now...Well, I have a townie living with my Sims in College. And I sort of do not want to delete her. But I will have too due to the fact she LIVES with my sims.

So, if I delete the College with my Sims will it corrupt the game? Or will I have to delete my Sims then delete the College? Or does deleting the College corrupt the game, that it would be just be said to stick it out, and cry? >.<

Thanks,
Levera

Darby
11th Apr 2012, 7:25 AM
No, sims should not be deleted at all in the first place!
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption

As for Uni, you can delete a Uni any time as long as there's another Uni in existence. Don't ever delete the last Uni. Once you've added any Universities to a neighborhood, you always need to keep at least one.

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 7:27 AM
Slams head down

Thank you, Darby. I am sooooooooooo like..screwed -.-" I will just build away in Strangetown -.-" Besides I need a new Legacy...Hehe >.<

Thank you so much, Darby :D

van Dorn
11th Apr 2012, 7:28 AM
Yeah, I used the deleteallcharacters cheat on Belladonna Cove and can no longer use it without encountering some freaky issues.

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 7:30 AM
I usually just move the family out, then delete them when I didn't like what was going on o.o Totally didn't know that was...Going to happen. *nervous laughter*

Darby
11th Apr 2012, 7:33 AM
Yeah, I used the deleteallcharacters cheat on Belladonna Cove and can no longer use it without encountering some freaky issues.

Deleteallcharacters is the quickest way to kill a 'hood that I know of, and that cheat should be treated as if it does not exist. At least with that one, the damage is localized to the neighborhood in which it was used, and doesn't affect the game as a whole, but still...

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 7:36 AM
I feel bad now, all those Sims I deleted -.-" I am a such a boob. >.< No wonder my game was all like in the weird zone

Darby
11th Apr 2012, 7:37 AM
Think of it this way: Now that you know, you can look forward to neighborhoods that are more stable and will last longer for you!

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 7:39 AM
Yeah...I feel stupid to say the lease

Darby
11th Apr 2012, 7:47 AM
Oh, stop it. Think positive. ;)

ETA: None of us would even have known these things without having learned them from other players. We've all been there!

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 7:50 AM
Noooooooo, I kept deleting the families like no big deal o.o And now I come to find out...Hello its bad -.-" hehe

Darby
11th Apr 2012, 7:57 AM
By the way, what is it about having made a dormie playable then regretting that that makes you think you've screwed up your Legacy Challenge? If you don't want to continue playing that particular sim (the ex-dormie), put him/her in the student bin and ignore.

OR, get the SimBlender (yes, another hack ;) ) and use it to turn the sim back into a dormie. Problem solved.

ETA: You can also reset that neighborhood and start over there, instead of switching to another neighborhood entirely, if you don't want to.

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 8:00 AM
How exactly do I reset it? Because I love the dormie that has moved in. She is soooo sweet and she is just so amazing with my Sims *tears up*

Yes, I play way to many lesbians. But its love man! LOVE!

Darby
11th Apr 2012, 8:02 AM
How to reset the default neighborhoods:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Reset_Neighborhoods

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 8:10 AM
*Huggles Darby*

ALRIGHT! I am ready to rock...>.> I think, lol. Thank you so very much once again ^.^

sushigal007
11th Apr 2012, 10:44 AM
Why not just kill that townie? Or turn them back into a townie?

maxon
11th Apr 2012, 12:45 PM
Why not just kill that townie? Or turn them back into a townie?
I was going to say that - there are several hacked objects out there that will do this. Just make the townie into a regular student.

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 5:54 PM
Well, I sort of effed up on the family in general. Believe me...It *le sigh* was a ultimate fail -.-" But I did reset the hood. Because well, I have a new story line plotted out, teehee. But yeah, I just messed up on the family.

Darby
11th Apr 2012, 9:05 PM
Well, I sort of effed up on the family in general. Believe me...It *le sigh* was a ultimate fail -.-" But I did reset the hood. Because well, I have a new story line plotted out, teehee. But yeah, I just messed up on the family.

I understand. Used to do that quite a lot with Apocalypse Challenges, due to the high failure rate of that challenge.

Yazoo
11th Apr 2012, 9:09 PM
I hate when I mess up. Now I have to go through that long butt process of having babies, and growing them up. But hey...Its always fun. Six kids, here we come! >.>

AlexandraSpears
12th Apr 2012, 1:12 AM
That's EAxis for you. They put buttons in there for you to push, and some of those buttons should be labeled "Do not push unless you want a BFBVFS."

Yazoo
12th Apr 2012, 3:53 AM
LMAO xD so true, Alexandra, so true. I don't know. i guess they think that we like to unistall and reinstall ALL the time -.-"

Julieryc
12th Apr 2012, 4:09 AM
LMAO xD so true, Alexandra, so true. I don't know. i guess they think that we like to unistall and reinstall ALL the time -.-"

Most of the time when you corrupt your neighborhood you shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game. Creating a new neighborhood can be a pain in and of itself, but it's definitely not as bad as having to uninstall/reinstall all EPs and SPs. (Really, I only think I've had to do that once or twice since I got the game, and one reinstall was because I got a new computer.)

Yazoo
12th Apr 2012, 4:14 AM
Well, I took Darby's advice, and I just reset the neighborhood :D And its working, and I got the family as I wanted ^.^